• 23.04.2024, 14:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Controllers in Aquasuite

Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 21:08

Why can you only use controllers to control fans from temperatures?
I'd love to control my pumps from temperature as well. And why can't you control your pumps in any way? Manual or automatic, and I don't even know what automatic mode is measuring against, the frequency is like a rollercoaster. Up to 78-80Hz and down to around 40Hz.
And the power measurement, onlu wayer flow against temperature? What about fan speed against temperature?

Montag, 5. August 2013, 13:48

You can only use temperatures as input and that will never change. It makes no sense to use anything else.

To be able to control the pump speed according to a specific temperature you will have to use a D5 USB/aquabus for example or you have to connect a pump directly to a fan output. Since this kind of control makes no sense it is not supported by the aquastream.

The maximum frequency of the pump depends a lot on the resistance of your lopp. Not always but in most cases systems with a higher restriction can also achieve higher frequencies since the rotor will run more stable while in a system with a lower resistance the rotor will become instable at lower frequencies since you will also get a higher flow rate here because of the low resistance.

The maximum freuency is limited by the stable operation of the rotor which is determined by the pump. Use the automatic frequency detection to get the highest possible value for your system. Everything above the automatically determined maximum frequency will not work. You are able to set a manual frequency above this limit but the pump will always reset it since it is not able to run at this specific frequency in your loop.

For the pump it is necessary to restart two or three times to detect the maximum frequency so it is normal that it will fall down back to a lower frequency for a short time.

It is not possible to use the fan speed to calculate the thermal dissipation loss since it does not provide any useful information for that.

Montag, 5. August 2013, 17:52

Why doesn't it make sense to control it from temp? Higher temp in the CPU should require higher flow trough the radiators as well as higher fan speed? Or is it only the fan speed that helps?

Montag, 5. August 2013, 19:50

Other pumps can be added to temperature based controls. The D5 USB is an easy one or any pump that is powered by a poweradjust 2 of course.

It just isn't very helpful though anyway, fan speeds are far more important. With the USB D5's to me it just made the pumps easier to hear as they changed speed and moved through louder intermediate speeds and quieted down again near maximum. A set speed that gives enough flow and is relatively quiet is better with them.

It could be more useful with louder pumps like a 35X but they can be controlled like a fan anyway. The Aquasteam pumps are a very particular automatic pump.

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 19:12

You can read temperature from software sensor (OpenHardwareMonitor), and then control pump with that.

First install Open Hardware Monitor, let it star up with system and set up minimize/close to tray.

Then configure Aquaero:
1. Set up Software sensors - for example I give CPU Core 1.

2. Then you can createVirtual Sensor - merge multiple reading into single one. Notice, I have selected Maximum value.

3. Then go to Controller and set up new controller by your needs. I have D5 mps pump from AquaComputer, but you can select different target element - for example fan, to which you have connected pump.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »_KaszpiR_« (13. August 2013, 19:14)

My setup - Project Replicant