• 16.04.2024, 07:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

can i use a poweradjust for this...

Montag, 12. August 2013, 09:27

hi, hope i can get some advice here

i am currently running an aquaero controlling a pump and some fans etc. pretty standard setup.

i want to use aquasuite to control some leds in my case.
all my fan controllers are at capacity. if i add a poweradjust to my system will i be able to use it to control some leds with aquasuite so they are linked to my fan speeds and temps etc.

also will i need to use a poweradjust ultra for this or just a standard. can't find any ultras in stock in the uk but i think maybe i don't need it if i have an aquaero anyway.

cheers

Rob

Montag, 12. August 2013, 09:56

The Aquaero has 2 x PWM headers that you can use for LED's (do it myself).... You don't say what pump it is your controlling via the Aquaero or if it's been powered by the Aquaero?.... If it is been Powered by the Aquaero then I'm guessing you'll be pretty much up to the Max power output of the Aquaero?... In which case, I would sugest getting a PA Ultra & use that to power the pump & in so doing freeing up some power usage from the Aquaero to run the extra LED's.... Just my opinion & how I would prefer to set it up myself...

N.

Montag, 12. August 2013, 10:48

i already blew one of my pwm headers overloading it with too big of an led strip :)

i have an aqua computer d5 pump that gets it's power from a molex and is just controlled by the aquaero

i am happy with how everything is set up on it now, with how i have divided the fans up etc. but i don't really have a good way to add more controlled leds with what i have.
i think i have already found out that the standard poweradjust is fine if it's connected to the aquaero. the ultra version is only needed if it's a standalone controller just connected by usb.

at least that is what i think, can anyone confirm?

Montag, 12. August 2013, 13:38

Well you blew a 1A header already, I would check to see how much current you need to drive the led's. If you are using for example the double density 3528 led strip, the current draw is about .25A/foot, or 3W.
The PA2 being connected to an Aquaero makes no difference in how much power it produces, BTW. The difference between the Standard and Ultra version of the PA2 is power output, doesn't matter whether it's run standalone or connected to an Aquaero.
HTH.

Dienstag, 13. August 2013, 00:23

unfortunately i was slightly over the 1A while testing out some led strips. only 1.2A and it worked for a couple of hours, then stopped working and i figured out the header was blown.
i didn't even need to use such a long strip but didnt want to cut it down till i had decided how much i wanted. you live and learn. at least the rest of the aquaero is still working ok.

i really want to integrate everything through the aquasuite, so it's a shame that AC don;t do more variety of accessories that can connect to it. like a fan controller with lots of channels so you can control lots of things with it.