• 19.04.2024, 21:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

dseg

Aquacomputer Aquaero - Confused, help me with parts please

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 05:25

So I want to buy all of these water cooling monitoring parts but have no idea what I need. The parts and accessories for the Aquaero seem so cluttered and confusing on the websites.
This is what I 'want' to do:
Control about 15 fans - Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15s
Control 2 D5 MCP655 pumps
2x http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16737/…tl=g30c107s1802

It's the manually controlled dial pump (not PWM or the Aquacomputer pumps)
1. So, would I be able to control these pumps even though they are the manually controlled dials and not the PWM or Aquacomputer D5 pumps? The one's I have do have a RPM sensor.
2. What do I need to monitor the temperature of the water and case?
3. What do I need to monitor the flow rate of the water in the loop?

All I know, is I need this:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13215/…t_Revision.html

But then I see like 3 different flow meters, 200 cables that include words like USB, High Aquabus, Low Aquabus, and a confusing layout of only certain things that can be plugged in on the controller.

Can someone please lay this out for me like I am a 5 year old?
If you could please provide links to parts from FrozenCPU that would be great.
Is there a detailed guide or something to hook everything up?

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 12:21

For controlling your pumps you need 1 of these per pump. Due to the fact that you are able to power everything up to 25 watts of load you should be able to control your chosen pumps without any problem.

There are 4 "normal" temp sensors included in the AE Package. You can trow them into your case anywhere you want. For monitoring the water temperature you can choose between inline type (male female), inline type (2x female) or en extra one (maybe in your reservoir). For the last one you have to you use one of these fittings (1/8" or 1/4"). You should use at least 2 water temp senors - in front and behind the radiator.

To monitor your flow you have different options:
1. the normal Flowmeter
2. the new one, based on pressure difference: mps flow 200 (no moving parts here ;))
Both are able to monitor flows between 40 an 200 l/h without any problems

When you have all your stuff together you can connect every part to an USB Port and you are fine. But if you want to control everything out of the AE you have to connect all of the separate devices with an Aquabus cable. The high speed aquabus is for the poweradjust. The rest of all the devices can go on the low speed aquabus. But if you connected your PAs to your AE you can connect all the other devices to the PA and they send all the signals to the AE.

Sorry that i couldn't provide any frozenCPU links - but the side was a little confusing :D

If you have any questions, just ask.

Greetings b0nez
:rolleyes:

dseg

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 13:28

Great, thank you very much.
What is the difference the flow meter you linked and this one
Do I need any extra http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id= to control my fans? Or just one per pump?
Also, if I got the PWM D5 pumps, would I need the poweradjust?
What about if I got the Aquacomputer pumps?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dseg« (24. August 2013, 13:40)

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 15:50

The one you linked is a stand alone - the one I linked need an AE to work (you need this cable to connect both devices).

The second link you posted doesn't work. Your fans are controlled by the AE - each of the four channels can handle a load of max. 19,8 watts.

As long as you want to control pumps there is now way around the poweradjust. But if you use the AC Version of the D5 you can control the flow oder better the rotation without the PA.

dseg

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 17:23

The one you linked is a stand alone - the one I linked need an AE to work (you need this cable to connect both devices).

The second link you posted doesn't work. Your fans are controlled by the AE - each of the four channels can handle a load of max. 19,8 watts.

As long as you want to control pumps there is now way around the poweradjust. But if you use the AC Version of the D5 you can control the flow oder better the rotation without the PA.
Thank you for the reply.
The link was actually the poweradjust module. So I need one for each pump, whether it is manually controller pump or PWM. Do the AC version of the D5 need the poweradjusts?
How is this pump controlled if it is a manually controlled dial? Does the Aquaero control the voltage to it?

Samstag, 24. August 2013, 19:33

Hi there.

The poweradjust is not able to control PMW pumps. Here is the manual. Sorry if it sounds like the PA can handle PWM pumps.
There are two types of the AC D5 Pump. A normal one which uses a potentiometer to control the speed and a advanced Version which is controlled by a micro controller.
The PA is able to control the voltage which is delivered to your pump. But you have to change the normal molex on your pump to an 3-pin Fan header to fit the power output.

Sonntag, 25. August 2013, 08:46

Controlling pump speed is not something that is essential, the manual pumps set to a speed that gives enough flow is totally fine.

To control pumps with an AQ5 the best way is with the USB d5's ... they are a normal manual control d5 that has been modified so that a digital controller replaces the dial function. They can then be controlled via USB and the Aquasuite software or directly by the AQ5.
The manual pumps can be controlled via voltage using the poweradjust modules but as far as I know the pumps have a limited voltage range so the available speed range of the pump is reduced

For a flow meter; This one connects directly to the flow port on the Aq5
This one connects via USB to the motherboard and to the Aquabus high port;

For the pressure based models only the 400 has a really useful range;
The lower models max out at under 1 Gallon per minute flow rate which has been shown to be an ideal flow for most loops. The 400 ranges from about 0.3 to 1.5 GPM
The MPS flow meters connect via USB to the motherboard and by aquabus cable to the Aquabus high port.

For water temps the Aq5 can use many types of sensors;
Ones that fit into and plug spare g1/4 ports
Ones that fit between other fittings in the loop

For air temps the AQ5 comes with a few flat ribbon 2 pin sensors that can be positioned in air flow or attached to surfaces. eg; behind a fan to measure incoming air temp.

The USB pumps, poweradjusts and flow sensors come with the USB and aquabus cables needed to use them by themselves.(except the non USB flow meter, it needs its own special 3 pin cable that does not come with for some inexplicable reason)
Because All the devices above connect to the Aquabus high port, one way to do it is to use multiple splitter cables like these

The add on devices come with 3 pin aquabus cables so they can be used while they are connected via USB. They can also be used without the USB connected but to do so the 5V power from the USB cable needs to be replaced. That is what the 4 pin Aquabus cables are for. They are the same as 3 pin aquabus cables but with an added 5v line for power.

There are several diagrams posted in this forum on how everything connects together.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (25. August 2013, 09:13)