• 28.04.2024, 12:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

dseg

Few questions about the Aquaero

Donnerstag, 29. August 2013, 16:19

I bough the XT model and had a few questions:

1. Do I just connect this straight to my motherboard from the XT unit?

2. Is this the right Cable for the Flow sensor I bought? It says I can extend the cable with a fan cable extension, why can't I just use a fan cable to connect the sensor to the Aquaero? Could I just use the 3-pin aquabus/speed4. cable that looks like it comes with the unit?

3. I am using 2 manual speed controlled pumps which I know can be controlled by voltage with the Poweradjs., what if I get two PWM pumps? Could they just connect to the Aquaero controller and not put a voltage load on the unit (no heat)? Where would they plug in and would I just be able to split one connection to two pumps?

4. How many Gentle Typhoons (D1225C12B5AP-15) can I put on each of the 4 fan channels? I plan to run them about half power which says it is 0.030 A per fan.

5. I wouldn't be using the high and low speed aquabus if I only doing fans and flow sensor, correct? Do I have this diagram correct?

6. What are the differences between the AC D5 and a D5 PWM pump?

7. If I use the manual control D5 pumps, where can i connect the RPM wire so the Aquaero will know if the pump is actually working? (I have two of them).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dseg« (29. August 2013, 20:04)

Freitag, 30. August 2013, 10:03

lots of "I am too lazy to do research" type questions

dseg

Freitag, 30. August 2013, 21:22

Well since no one has a detailed manual on these products, asking is the simplest and easiest way.

Except when you get people that just say your too lazy to research, those people are useless.

I already have all the parts and the "manual" the product comes with is pathetic. Why would I have to research for hours on a product to answer a few simple questions on a product I spent hundreds of dollars on?

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 02:34

2) fan/cable connector wont fit

4) Easy Fan questions!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WoodSpoon« (31. August 2013, 02:35)

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 02:48

a lot of your questions are to do with water cooling, not just the AQ5,
from your diagram point 5)
molex to power, never ever ever - plug anything into the AQ5 while it is powered up.
USB needs to go to motherboard USB. - so AQ5 can be programmed with Aquasuite.
Tacho needs to go to CPUfan socket on motherboard - so bios does not fail to load.
Think one end of the cable to the flowmeter is different to a usual fan plug
Think of aquabus as being like USB, allows you to connect lots of devices in a chain. It is not like fan speed sensor.
AQ5 has channel 4 that can do PWM and 2 other [ 12v PWM ] channels - ie you can control 3 PWM devices...pumps or lights.

From top left there is a 2 pin http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1636 standby power control

On the AQ5 the relay socket requires cable to use... http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2665 I have cut into green loop in above cable

LED is 4 pin http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2664 I have the filter and have the tri -LED change colour to indicate status ie flashing red when error. (note need a G1/4 threaded LED holder to replace existing plug in filter)
If you are using Aquacomputers devices that have a aquabus you will probably have to use the high aquabus, as i think the low is legacy

PWM can not be split, when you have a PWM split cable only one of the devices will provide the return signal. So in effect all devices will operate as the one device , you do not have individual control

device is rated at 1Amp per channel air cooled,

The D5 USB is the same as a D5 but with electronic speed control.

If you have, you will use Aquabus

If you are using PA2 it will via aquabus communicate the pumps speed to the AQ5.

It operates the same as a the 3rd (normally yellow) cable on a fan.

no rocket science answers
:)

RE: Few questions about the Aquaero

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 08:39

I bough the XT model and had a few questions:

1. Do I just connect this straight to my motherboard from the XT unit?

2. Is this the right Cable for the Flow sensor I bought? It says I can extend the cable with a fan cable extension, why can't I just use a fan cable to connect the sensor to the Aquaero? Could I just use the 3-pin aquabus/speed4. cable that looks like it comes with the unit?

3. I am using 2 manual speed controlled pumps which I know can be controlled by voltage with the Poweradjs., what if I get two PWM pumps? Could they just connect to the Aquaero controller and not put a voltage load on the unit (no heat)? Where would they plug in and would I just be able to split one connection to two pumps?

4. How many Gentle Typhoons (D1225C12B5AP-15) can I put on each of the 4 fan channels? I plan to run them about half power which says it is 0.030 A per fan.

5. I wouldn't be using the high and low speed aquabus if I only doing fans and flow sensor, correct? Do I have this diagram correct?

6. What are the differences between the AC D5 and a D5 PWM pump?

7. If I use the manual control D5 pumps, where can i connect the RPM wire so the Aquaero will know if the pump is actually working? (I have two of them).
1. Yes
2. Yes, that is the right cable. It can be extended with any 3 pin fan extension but the connector on the actual flow meter is much larger than a normal 3 pin fan connector. The cable must be used and for some reason does not come with the device.
3. Normal D5 Varios can be voltage controlled like a normal device but because they have relatively high start voltage, you end up with a more restricted speed range for the pump, it will not be able to be turned down as much. The PWM D5's could be used as you describe, by connecting both to the PWM fan header on the AQ5 .. it will just mean both pumps will operate at the same speed and only one will be able to report its speed back to the controller. You could split off the single RPM wire of the second pump and connect it to a motherboard header for monitoring though as a backup.

Edit: You can see some of the problems with voltage controlling pumps in the Aquaero 6 demo video. In the video it shows a pump reduced to 7.7 volts but the pump speed has only dropped about 550 RPM to 4250RPM. Later it shows the high voltage and current that is required before a stopped pump will start.

4. The AP15 is a very efficient fan it uses very little power for the speed it runs. You could easily put several on each channel of the Aquaero before heat became a problem, it depends on which heatsink is used on the AQ5.
5. The Aquabus is for the poweradjust, MPS and older devices. If you don't use them you won't use it.
6. The AC USB D5 is a normal D5 Vario that has been modified by simply replacing the manual dial potentiometer with a digitally controlled version that the Aquaero can talk to. The PWM D5 uses a completely different internal speed control circuit that recieves a PWM control signal.
If you already have manual D5's replacing them is not really worth it unless you particularly want to. Varying pump speed and flow rate gives no measurable performance improvement, fixed pump speed works just fine.
7. If you have manual D5's there isn't much need or benefit to connect them to the AQ5. Monitoring the flow rate gives a much better idea of what the pumps are actually doing and what is happening inside the loop. Pump speed just tells you how fast the pumps are spinning.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (1. September 2013, 23:08)

dseg

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 13:14

Thank you guys. That was very helpful.
Is there a some kind of guide to setting up the AQ5 with the software?
Right now I trying to setup Alarm Profiles but cannot find anything on this.

Someone had to of made something, I found a good review/guide a few weeks ago but have been searching forever with no luck.

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 23:56

Thank you guys. That was very helpful.
Is there a some kind of guide to setting up the AQ5 with the software?
Right now I trying to setup Alarm Profiles but cannot find anything on this.

Someone had to of made something, I found a good review/guide a few weeks ago but have been searching forever with no luck.
I've done a couple of guides HERE You should be able to find something there I think to help.....

N.

dseg

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 05:10

Thanks a lot.