• 16.04.2024, 23:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New: aquaero 6

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 23:40

The new aquaero 6 is an improved version of the aquaero 5. Our main target was a dramatic increase of the available power on the outputs. Other than the aquaero 5 which works with an analog voltage control, this time we used very efficient switching controllers of the latest generation. The performance capability of the aquaero 5 is mainly limited by the temperature of the voltage regulators since they become pretty hot when you attach some stuff and use it with lower voltages. The aquaero 6 has no problems in this area and the maximum power is only limited by the current which means you can go to the limits without worrying about the temperatures. To make this possible we had to redesign everything around the voltage regulators with a special attention to the thermal design. This time we placed more than 250 elements on the PCB without changing its size. For the first time we use a multi-layer PCB for the aquaero.

The maximum current per channel is 2,5A (30W at 12V) without any special cooling. The aquaero 6 does not even have a passive heatsink! Anyway, we will also offer a waterblock for the aquaero 6 since it will allow to go a bit further with a maximum of 3A (36W at 12V). Of course the voltage regulators also handle short peaks above this rating to make sure that fans and pumps will spin up. The new controllers also feature some new directly integrated security features. For example they can switch of a channel in less than 1/100000s if you have a short circuit. Also the temperature, current and voltage monitoring has been improved. The 5V supply which for example powers the CPU or display got a new protection circuit which will disconnect the power supply if there is an overvoltage. Another nice thing to mention is the pretty low voltage drop with that new design which is only 0,5 to 0,8V between the power supply and the outputs.

So, what does that mean for the real world? For example you can connect 80 fans in total (20 per channel) and control them in the full range from 0 to 100% - as said without additional cooling! Or you connect 40 fans and two Laing D5 pumps which we have done here in this demonstration video:

The available power should be no longer a question and to take full advantage of it all channels are 4-pin PWM compatible now. PWM fans can be also stopped by cutting their voltage supply. Normally a PWM fan will always run at a specific minimum speed if there is no or a too low PWM frequency signal.

The onboard memory of the aquaero 6 has become larger and offers four time more space for log data or whatever the future brings.

All these new features have their price... we understand that not everyone needs that massive amount of power so the aquaero 5 series will stay in our assortment of goods. That means the aquaero 6 will not replace the aquaero 5 - it will extend its possibilities. So if you want to enter the world of aquaeros it still starts with 59.90 Euro for the aquaero 5 LT and will end with the aquaero 6 XT as the top-of-the line model for 179.90 Euro. The aquaero 6 will be also available as a PRO version for 149.90 Euro. A LT variant of the aquaero 6 will not be available.
(mentioned prices include 19% VAT)

The delivery of the new aquaero series will start at the beginning of October this year. At that time we will also release a new update of the aquasuite 2013 software which will support the new aquaeros and brings some new features to both generations. If you already own an aquaero 5 or plan to get this one, there is no reason to worry about the future support. Since both versions of the devices are based on the same firmware it means that every update will work for both of them. The only exception could be special extensions in the future (there is noting planed right now). If they require a lot of memory they would be reserved to the aquaero 6 because of its larger onboard memory.

Last but not least a little time travel:

10 years of development in one photo. Even without special knowledge about electronics you can easily tell the changes from version to version, especially if you compare the aquaero 3.07 to the latest one.

And if this is the first time you read about the aquaero you might be interested in some screenshots of the software:

Samstag, 31. August 2013, 23:52

Excellent stuff AC... Some real nice advancements there :thumbsup: ........... Am very much looking forward to getting the Aquaero 6 on it's release..... Will be nice to add it to my Aquaero 5 Review/Guide to keep things up to date :D ......

N.

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 05:06

It is incredible that you guys listened and finally added full PWM functionality. Unfortunately, the PWM limitations kept me on the fence about buying one until 2 days ago when my Aquaero 5 Pro came in =\
Since it seems the only thing that's changing as far as the XT and PRO is the PCB board part of it, it would've been a real classy move to offer an Aquaero 6 LT for people like me who just bought a PRO or XT. That way we could order the A6 LT, switch out the PCB's and have an Aquaero 6 PRO/XT and an A5 LT slave. Just sayin....

Otherwise, congrats on new product!

Edit: I don't know why it keeps adding all that jiberish on the bottom of my post lol.

img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kpoeticg« (1. September 2013, 05:09)

dseg

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 05:37

Man I just the AC5 last week. I have no PWM fans or pumps. I really only have it controlling some nonPWM, monitoring pumps, fans, and for alarms. Would it be stupid to upgrade to AC6 for me?

Could the AC6 control 80 nonPWM fans or will the 3-pin fans still put a lot of heat on the Aquaero since they are controller by voltage?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dseg« (1. September 2013, 12:56)

Pilo

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 06:59

There will be no Aquaero 6 LT, only PRO and XT.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 09:03

There will be no Aquaero 6 LT, only PRO and XT.
I know that. That's the reason i typed that. Since it uses the same faceplate and lcd screen, releasing an LT version would've been a classy thing to do for people like me that just just bought and Aquaero 5 Pro, Waterblock, every single accessory they had in stock at PPC's or FrCPU. I literally just got it TWO days ago LOLLLLLLL. The only reason i didn't get it three months ago was because i've been looking for ways of pwm control of multiple devices. Then i finally break down and buy the Pro and every accessory i can find, and the next day the Aquaero 6 with all PWM gets announced. Now i gotta send everything back. If they would release an LT version for situations like mine, I could just buy that when it comes out and switch the PCB boards so I'll have a 6 Pro and 5 LT. I'm not saying that "I Hope They Will". I'm saying it "Would Have" been a nice gesture to their customers. That's all

Or maybe just an upgrade options for people that already have Pro's and XT's anyway. I dunno. I've been DYING for AC to release some sort of PWM-Adjust accessory. And was really excited about finally getting my Pro and tons of accessories in the mail for like a day and a half. I'd be doing cartwheels about this announcement if it was like 5 days ago =P. I know this post won't make any difference but a small tiny part of me is still hoping to hear about some LT version only sold as an upgrade option for current owners before i return all my shiny new stuff i couldn't wait to get setup =)

img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kpoeticg« (1. September 2013, 09:21)

Sonntag, 1. September 2013, 18:52

I wonder how the waterblock will look and were it will be attached to the pcb.... i see no mounting holes other then the 4 other ones that connect the whole device...
btw nice upgrade to your product line

Montag, 2. September 2013, 01:47

If any staff is around, could anybody tell me if the Aquaero 5 Pro Black Front Faceplate, Infrared Remote, Power Connect/ATX Break, 3-Pin Relay Plug, etc... will be the same on the Aquaero 6 Pro? I need to fill out my RMA tonight to get a full store credit, and I would rather not send something back just to buy it again in a month or two. I'm assuming the Water Block won't be the same as the PCB is arranged a bit differently. It would be EXTREMELY appreciated if Shoggy or some1 else on the staff could reply to me soon. Thanks in advance

img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;} img.imageResizerActiveClass{cursor:nw-resize !important;outline:1px dashed black !important;} img.imageResizerChangedClass{z-index:300 !important;max-width:none !important;max-height:none !important;} img.imageResizerBoxClass{margin:auto; z-index:99999 !important; position:fixed; top:0; left:0; right:0; bottom:0; border:1px solid white; outline:1px solid black;}

dseg

Montag, 2. September 2013, 02:37

It looks like it has the same front as the XT (53125). But I would also like to know as I am thinking about returning mine also.

Montag, 2. September 2013, 04:30

Yeah I agree that the XT looks the same. Otherwise i wouldn't even ask, I'd just send it back. Luckily I just got my Aquaero 5 Pro and all my accessories on Friday, so if I fill out the RMA tonight and send it back tomorrow I should be able to get a full store credit that I can just leave there til the 6 Pro comes out. I'd like to get a confirmation from some1 in the staff before I send back all the accessories though. I'm especially wondering about the Black Faceplate for the Pro and the Infrared Remote.I'm assuming that the Power Break, Relay, RGB, Realtime Clock Module, Aquabus cables, Aquabus Y-Splitters, etc.... will still work. So if any1 on the staff can confirm whether they're planning on releasing a new Remote and if the 5 Pro's Faceplate will be the same exact as the 6 Pro i would be very grateful...

Edit: Actually I'd like to know about the Real Time Clock Module too since changes on the PCB board could affect that also. Thanx in advance for anybody that can help....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kpoeticg« (2. September 2013, 04:34)

dseg

Montag, 2. September 2013, 05:02

Anyone know if this will also control a ridiculous amount of 3-pin voltage controlled fans? Or just PWMs?
I have Gentle Typhoon AP-15s which are not PWM. Would I be able to put just as many fans on a single channel?

I also believe those D5 pumps in the demo are not PWM controlled pumps, we will be able to control regular voltage D5 pumps and that many fans with no poweradjs?

What about the flow senors, RBG, and other products. They will all be compatible with the AC6?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »dseg« (2. September 2013, 05:10)

Montag, 2. September 2013, 05:25

I'm wondering about the accessories too. But from the description, the new Aquaero will actually be able to Voltage Control ALOT more fans than the Aquaero 5. The Aquaero 5 has max 1.65 amps on each channel. The Aquaero 6 has 2.5 amps per channel, 3 if you watercool it. One of the big problems with the Aquaero 5 was the heat that built up when you lower the RPM of your Voltage Controlled fans. It seems they sorted that problem out in the new version. So you have the option of Voltage Control (3-Pin) or full PWM Control (4-Pin). In the demo/description, they say the Aquaero 6 can handle either 20 fans or 1 D5 pump per channel with pure Voltage Control. This thing's gonna be a beast!! Can't wait to get mine!!! Hopefully some1 in the USA will do preorders for it so i can make sure i get one before they sell out

Montag, 2. September 2013, 08:02

All outputs are voltage controlled + pwm control signal. You can setup in the device the type of control mode for each fan.

Montag, 2. September 2013, 08:06

Sebastian, any help you can give me with my question one post above his?

Montag, 2. September 2013, 08:57

All accessory for the aquaero 5 with exception of the waterblock can be used with the aquaero 6.

Montag, 2. September 2013, 09:41

Thanx for answering me Shoggy. So the black faceplate for the Pro will be exactly the same? And the remote isn't gonna be changed? Thanx again

Montag, 2. September 2013, 10:51

Yes, it is the same.

Montag, 2. September 2013, 14:42

May be the best change is the relocated power input! :thumbup:

Might be looking at picking up a 6 Pro unit when they are available.....maybe I can sell my 2x 5 Pro's, looks like the new 6 unit can take the place of both.

Anyway, happy to see the tech is still moving along!

Montag, 2. September 2013, 17:29

Thanx again for replying Shoggy, I'm on a bit of a clock for getting a full store cred. Good to know it's just the Pro and Waterblock i need to send back. CANT WAIT to get my hands on a new Aquaero 6 Pro

Dienstag, 3. September 2013, 01:39

May be the best change is the relocated power input! :thumbup:

Might be looking at picking up a 6 Pro unit when they are available.....maybe I can sell my 2x 5 Pro's, looks like the new 6 unit can take the place of both.

Anyway, happy to see the tech is still moving along!

The relocated power input is an excellent change, especially since it means they listen to their customers requests. But the PWM is by far the most important change for me. They're gonna have the market cornered with this release. 4 PWM headers is incredible!!! It seems like Aquacomputer is finally releasing the absolute perfect unit that they've been aiming for.