• 25.04.2024, 06:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 16. September 2013, 15:52

Perhaps the USB headers of modern motherboards provide enough stable +5V standby power by now, that the old-fashioned 'aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break' isn't needed any more.
Sounds reasonable.
When I wired up my AQ5 to shut down the computer on alarm condition, the conventional wisdom seemed to be that the Aquaero needed the 5V to power the relay on restart. I haven't tested it in quite a while but maybe it's time to do so.

dseg

Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013, 14:45

Can we get an actual ship date now? I believe it is early enough to get a date when these will be available.
My whole build is waiting on these.

Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013, 16:49

ordered :thumbsup:

dseg

Freitag, 4. Oktober 2013, 17:05

ordered :thumbsup:

From where?

Aqaero 6

Montag, 18. November 2013, 23:20

Just ordered aquaero 6 to replace my brand new Koolance 205 controller wich is not working ,sofware crashes and it suffers from interference from fans . flowmeter was going crazy with the third fan on one channel. just a product i was not very happy with, maybe i destroyed if with 4 pin fans . Anyway , not going to bother replacing it. And as i bougth the rest from koolanse , i now have a great flowmeter with 2 pin connect and was wondering , do i have to buy a new flowmeter too , or is there a way this will work with aquaero ?

Dienstag, 19. November 2013, 00:12

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rocket« (19. November 2013, 00:14)

Dienstag, 19. November 2013, 17:28

you can use every 3pin flowmeter. you have to find out the calibration value but it should work ;)
:rolleyes:

Dienstag, 19. November 2013, 19:42

Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013, 09:11

Hello there.

I have a few questions since I am looking to purchase this product soon.

Will the Aquaero 6 strictly work with Aqua products only?

Will the Aquasuite 2013 be in english and will you have full control of the XT without the need of the remote? Can I control the whole unit via Software, Remote and on the display's LCD Touch Screen?

Will there be english directions on which headers on the back of the Aquaero 6 is PWM and which are 3 pin (voltage) backwards compatible? How many total PWM headers does it have on the back? I am looking to daisy chain a few radiator fans together with Y PWM splitter cables. The most one channel will have is anywhere from 4-6 PWM rad fans if PWM headers are limited. All my radiator fans are PWM controlled as well as the Pumps with the exception of a few case fans that are 3 pin non PWM.

Will I be connected via USB to the motherboard? Can the Aquaero 6 shutdown the PC if a problem should arise? Pumps not working or no flow or water temps too high etc?

Can I use my Pump Cable with my PWM Pumps (MCP-35X2) on one of the headers on the back? Will my readings only be in RPM or is there a calibrated profile for those pumps to show up as pumps and not as fans?

Can I use a Phobya Water Temp Sensor on the 2 pins in the back?

I will also be looking to purchase the MPS Flow Sensor - 400. Is there a specific header for it on the back of the Aquaero 6? (I am going to sell off my Koolance flow meter and adapters since I am not familiar with any electrical modding.) Also will this tubing work no problem with this flow sensor?

What is the relay piece used for? I've heard I might need that.

How long till the shipments of the Black XT Front Plate of the Aquaero 6 to Frozencpu/Performance-pcs?

What is the warranty on these Aqua products I stated above?

Sorry for all the questions but would like to know more about a product at such a premium price. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!
:)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (28. Dezember 2013, 19:29)

Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013, 20:30

While I don't have an AE 6, and I do not have a very sophisticated cooling system, I do keep up on the technology, and will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

My AE 5 is working with 3 fans, a pump, a temp sensor, and a flow meter, NONE of which are Aquacomputer products. If anything, the AE 6 should have even wider latitude to use other companies products.

Aqua Suite 2013-4, the current version, is fully in English. I don't know about full control of the XT without the remote, but the AS 2013 software can control a lot of functions, a lot. I'd recommend using the software, and maybe the remote - if needed. Some people think that the huge number of screens available on the LCD makes it difficult to use and will drive you to this state: :crazy:

Yes, the markings on the back of the AE units are in English. All four of the "fan" headers are capable of both PWM and voltage control. Daisy chaining multiple fans together on a Y-cable is possible, but be sure that only one RPM signal is reported back to the AE.

You can connect yourself to the motherboard, via USB, if you want to, but I think you'd be better off connecting the AE6 to the motherboard. And, yes you can, and probably should, connect it via USB. And a very emphatic "yes," the AE 5 & 6 can shut down the PC on any of the events you listed, and more. Be careful experimenting around with this capability though: You don't want to set the shut down points such that the AE shuts down the computer as soon as it booted up. Pain in the ass. But it will certainly shut down the PC based on parameters you set.

Not sure if you can use the Swiftech cable. I think that if it reports only one RPM signal to the AE6, then you can use it. For control of the Swiftech pumps (I use a non-pwm Swiftech pump) I connected it to one of the fan headers and can control it via voltage. I usually don't control the pump, though. It is probably best to leave that running at full speed if you can. You can use flow rate to control things, but that data won't come in through the PWM connection to the pump, it will come in through the flow meter. And see below about the flow meter.

I use that very same Phobya temp sensor, so, yes, it will work (got it from the same place too). If it helps you, the AE 6 can use everything that works on any of the AE5 series units, and more.

I'm not sure if there is a dedicated input for that specific flow meter or not. There is a dedicated input for a flow meter though. I use the Koolance INS-FM-17N on mine. Electrical modding is not what you have to do to make it work. What you have to do is physical: remove the pins from the two pin Koolance plug, and put them in a three pin plug, on the outside, leaving the center pin unconnected. This is where you use the calibration profiles for different flow meters, not in the pump power setting. If you have a flow meter like the FM-17, you do NOT use the frequency adapter or anything like that, just change the plug and plug the flow meter directly in to the flow meter input on AE. The calibration for the FM-17 is 197 impulses per liter.

The relay output is used to control a relay that, in turn, controls something with current or voltage requirements that are too high to control directly with the AE.

I've got no idea about shipment times.

You can probably look around on the Aquacomputer web site and find information about the warranty. If you include the forums, the same goes for all the info I've given above.

The Aquacomputer products can do things that no other cooling system controllers can do, way more. And they can be programmed in very detailed and complex ways if you want to. They are also built like tanks, and designed well, too. There can be quite a learning curve, depending on how you want to use the Aquacomputer products, but they are the best and most flexible available.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Samstag, 28. Dezember 2013, 20:41

I don't know about the tubing/flow meter combination, but I do use the same tubing, clear version, so it works well in general. The type of tubing you use should not have any effect upon the operation of the flow meter, no matter which flow meter you use.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Loves Dogs« (28. Dezember 2013, 20:42)

Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 00:52

sorry duouble post.......pls delete this

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (29. Dezember 2013, 00:56)

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 00:55

Thank you very much for your response.

I am actually using the Koolance FM18 flow meter. Would that include the same caliberation?
Thing is I don't want to ruin the FM18 and not be able to resell it with the adapters I have here. I think I'd rather resell it and get some funds back.

As for the MPS 400 flow meter, I see it comes with USB cable and 3 pin cable. I look on top of the flow meter and notice the "aquabus" which I believe is what connects to the AE 6, is 4 pin. Am I missing something here? What do I use to connect that flow sensor to the AE 6 and not via USB header since I am limited on USB headers?

Is there also a reset button incase you mess up the parameters of emergency shutdowns? I can only imagine what it would be like on a constant boot up and shutdown if something in the software or parameters went wrong.

Can anything overvolt or are there protections on the AE and what it's connecting too?

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 18:10

As for the MPS 400 flow meter, I see it comes with USB cable and 3 pin cable. I look on top of the flow meter and notice the "aquabus" which I believe is what connects to the AE 6, is 4 pin. Am I missing something here? What do I use to connect that flow sensor to the AE 6 and not via USB header since I am limited on USB headers?

You can purchase the 4-pin Aquabus Cable separately. This allows you to operate the MPS 400 without the USB Cable connected. The 4th wire on the Aquabus Cable will supply the required 5V for operation. You cannot configure the MPS 400 using only the Aquabus Cable, so you will need to Configure and Save the parameters before disconnecting the USB Cable.

Is there also a reset button incase you mess up the parameters of emergency shutdowns? I can only imagine what it would be like on a constant boot up and shutdown if something in the software or parameters went wrong.
If you load the wrong parameters, you just overwrite them with the correct parameters and then save the configuration.

RodeoGeorge

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 22:16

GTXJack Bauer:

If you get your AE 6 into a boot/shutdown/boot/etc. loop, you will have to perform a reset on it. How that is done on the AE 6, I don't know, but think it is the same as on the AE 5. A full reset involves jumpering the temp sensor inputs 5 through 8. You jumper each pair together, not #5 to #6, etc. You do the jumpering after ALL power to the AE is turned off or disconnected, then you power it back up with the jumpers in place. Start up and run the computer and AE, for a couple of minutes. Then shutdown, turn off all power again, remove jumpers, then apply power and restart. I might have something in that sequence out of turn, but that is basically the procedure, which will fully reset the AE to factory default. Thus, it might be a good idea to set up everything but the shutdown parameters first, then save the settings ("export" in the "system" tab of the AE 5 panel in AS 2013), then set up the shutdown parameters. That way if you get stuck in a boot loop and have to wipe out all the settings with a full reset, you won't have to enter all the other parameters that you had set up before the settings for shutdown. Just reset the AE 5 or 6, then "import" the settings (same menu, etc. as "export).

Don't do the full reset until you verify that it is done the same way on the AE6 as it is done on the AE 5. Jumpering the wrong things could have bad consequences. Set all the other parameters first, and get that all running the way you want. In the meanwhile post a question about resetting the AE 6 on this forum. When you get an answer, then you can set up the shutdown parameters, with the knowledge of how to do a full reset if you get stuck in a boot loop.

By the way, you have to do the full reset to get out of a boot loop problem. You can't just overwrite the settings if your computer keeps shutting down before you get the chance to overwrite them.

Since you seem to be starting to learn about the Aquacomputer devices, it would help you a lot to spend time reading as many threads as you can on this forum. That is how I learned about them. Also, use Google Translate on anything in German that you find on the Aquacomputer web site. GT will mangle the grammar and syntax of the German, but you can usually figure out what was meant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Loves Dogs« (29. Dezember 2013, 22:23)

Aquaero 6 Device firmware deletion and recovery

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 23:27

Hopefully I can get this posted. I don't know if the .jpg can be inserted.

This is from the Aquaero 6 manual.

RodeoGeorge

ozzy

Sonntag, 29. Dezember 2013, 23:31

whats the best pump for aq6:d5 pwm or variable?

Montag, 30. Dezember 2013, 01:01

Rodeo George:

Your .jpg was deleted or moved, so, since it was something from the AE 6 manual, here is a link to the whole manual in .pdf format: http://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html?…_2013_11_08.pdf

It would be a good idea for GTX Jack Bauer to read this manual, it may answer all, or many of his questions.

Isn't there supposed to be a manual for Aquasuite 2013-4 somewhere?

Montag, 30. Dezember 2013, 02:15

Can I use a Phobya Water Temp Sensor on the 2 pins in the back?
Yes. I have used that exact sensor on my AQ 6 XT and it works fine.

Montag, 30. Dezember 2013, 02:37

Isn't there supposed to be a manual for Aquasuite 2013-4 somewhere?

Strange. The page from the manual is still visible when I look at the post. ?????
I have not found an Aquasuite Manual.

There is not even a HELP option available on the 2013-5.2 version, although when there was one, mine was in German even though I did an English installation.

RodeoGeorge