• 19.04.2024, 16:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero + waterloop few questions

Donnerstag, 5. September 2013, 22:45

Hello,

I am currently waiting for the release of the aquaero 6.
However I have a few questions sins I am currently thinking of getting my first
water loop.

1. Do i need a Aqua Computer D5 pump so i can connect it
to the fan controller or do other brands work as well? And if other brands also
works can I use the alarm/auto shutdown functions when the pumps fails? I don't
mind if i can't control the speed off the other brands pump. What are the specific benefits of getting an aquacomputer D5 pump? And if i the aquacomputer D5 do I need to buy a top cover too if i am using it behind a reservoir?

2. What waterflow meter do I need to buy that's
compitible with the aquaero 6 + using a D5 pump sins you have so many different
ones I don't know wich one I should get.

3. What's the difference in using 4-pin conectors instead
of 3-pin connecters on fans?

RE: Aquaero + waterloop few questions

Freitag, 6. September 2013, 02:31

Hello,

I am currently waiting for the release of the aquaero 6.
However I have a few questions sins I am currently thinking of getting my first
water loop.

1. Do i need a Aqua Computer D5 pump so i can connect it
to the fan controller or do other brands work as well? And if other brands also
works can I use the alarm/auto shutdown functions when the pumps fails? I don't
mind if i can't control the speed off the other brands pump. What are the specific benefits of getting an aquacomputer D5 pump? And if i the aquacomputer D5 do I need to buy a top cover too if i am using it behind a reservoir?

You don't have to use an AC D5 pump provided you also get the correct cable to connect what ever D5 pump you get to the Aquaero IE: from the pump Usually(Molex) to the Aquaro 3 pin fan connector something like THESE should do it & you can then connect the RPM plug to a Motherboard Header say like the CPU FAN header to monitor the pump & set a shut down set up through the Motherboard bios e.t.c..

2. What waterflow meter do I need to buy that's
compitible with the aquaero 6 + using a D5 pump sins you have so many different
ones I don't know wich one I should get.

If using a D5 pump then I would op for either THIS ONE or THIS ONE or indeed THIS ONE I wouldn't bother going with the lower flow MPS Flow Sensors because your planning on using D5 and depending on the loop your going to be pushing around from any where between 170l/ph > nigh on 280/300l/phr (all depending on how restrictive your loop is going to be really) thats a very rough guesstimate mind ;) ..

3. What's the difference in using 4-pin conectors instead
of 3-pin connecters on fans?

4 Pin Fans are usually PWM controlled & 3 Pin Fans are usually VOLTAGE Controlled for speed.... The Aquaero 6 will be able to handle both so the choice is yours really :)
I've Highlighted my responses as you can see :) ... Hope that helps..

N.

Freitag, 6. September 2013, 10:21

Thnx m8 this helps a lot.