• 26.04.2024, 21:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

apw63

Aquaero 6, poweradjust 2 ultra USB, 2 Lang DDC pumps in series questions.

Donnerstag, 19. September 2013, 20:12

Hello I’m new to the forums my name is Andy. I have an existing
water cooled system that I built. I’m planning on upgrading the cooling control
system. My system consists of 2 Lang pumps in series, 2 water cooled GPUs and a
water cooled CPU all cooled by 2 360mm radiators single loop. My case is a
Corsair 800D. All 10 of my fans are PWM, 6 RAD fans noise blocker 120mm, 1 120mm
NB HHD fan and 3 140 mm phobia case fans. All my fans are currently controlled
by motherboard BIOS (ASUS RE3).

I would like to control RAD fans and pump speeds by water
temp.

Controlling the fan speeds with the aquaero is pretty
straight forward. Group the fans with splitters and put on a fan channel, assign
inline temp probe to fan channel.

I think I understand to control 2 pumps I would need 2 poweradjusts.
With the pumps in series and each pump on a different poweradjusts do the pumps
run at the relative same speed? How does this work when pumps in series? Does
the poweradjust allow the aquaero to adjust pump speed by temp? Can I run the 2
pumps from one poweradjust if I combine the pump leads? Would this be to much
draw for a single poweradjust?

Another think I’m not clear about is the USB versions
of the power adjust, flow meters and RES level indicator. When installing these
items are they only connected by USB when assigning addresses? Once the
addresses are assigned the items are plugged in to the aquaero? I only have one
USB port on my motherboard. I do have the NZXT IU01 USB expansion card.

Thank you for any info and help
Andy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »apw63« (19. September 2013, 22:06)

Pilo

Donnerstag, 19. September 2013, 21:03

If you can wait until the end of October, when the Aquaero 6 Pro and XT will be available, you probably don't need any other equipment like the Poweradjust anymore. Just the Aquaero 6 will be enough to control all your fans and pumps.

New: aquaero 6
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3092
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3093
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

apw63

Donnerstag, 19. September 2013, 22:05

Thank you for the info, I plan on waiting for the Aquaero 6 to come out before I buy. So running 2 pumps in series will be no problem for the Aquaero. Will the pumps need to be on separate channels?

Andy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »apw63« (19. September 2013, 22:08)

Freitag, 20. September 2013, 02:29

It depends on what pumps you are talking about. 2 Laing D5's can draw up to 4 amps and would be way too much for a single channel, but 2 Laing DDC-1T's would draw less than 1 5A and could easily be used on one channel.

Pump speeds can be controlled by temps. The poweradjusts show up as just extra fan channels so anything you can do with fans you could do with pumps on PA's. The USB pumps can be a bit different, the D5 usb can def be controlled via temp based curves too though.
Pumps in series (Laing pumps) are easy. The pumps can be run at the same speed or completely different speeds, it makes little difference. The flow rate produced in the water loop is determined by the combined pressure of both pumps vs the combined flow resistance of all components.
All the pumps do is spin the water inside them very fast. That centripital force makes the water want to flow out the outlet. Because even at minimum speed the pumps still spin much faster than the water coming can travel in any loop, its totally possible to have pump 2 at full speed and pump 1 at minimum speed. The flow rate is nearly exactly the same as if pump 1 is at max and pump 2 is at minimum.

Most of USB devices can be run with only the 4 pin aquabus connected after setup with USB. Although some functions will be limited that way and settings can't be changed. It depends on the particular device.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (20. September 2013, 02:32)

apw63

Freitag, 20. September 2013, 05:54

Jakusonfire,

Thank you for schooling me on pump theory, and thank you for answering my questions.

Andy