• 24.04.2024, 06:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

anaquac

unregistriert

Purchased two 480 AMS Single Circuit Copper Rads - one appears to be fake or defective...

Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 06:24

Hello,

I purchased two AMS 480 Single Circuit Copper rads from a local modding shop (frozencpu)

The two radiators appear different from each other.

One radiator appears to be copper throughout. The other radiator looks like it was copper plated.

Are the AMS Radiator Copper version only copper plated fins or are they supposed to be true copper? This second 480 has fins on it appear to be a mixture of metal and copper. It looks like some of the copper is coming off the fins or wasn't uniformly coated on it from manufacturing [the attached photo shows what I am referring to].

Does this mean:
* that all the AMS radiators are aluminum fins but only copper coated
* that the copper plating on this unit is defective and will start flaking copper into my coolant loop
* is a defective radiator (manufacturing)
* is fake or a knock off AMS radiator

I appreciate your quick response as I would like to complete this build...

Best Regards,
Adam

Adam
»anaquac« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • condensedIMG_9993.jpg

Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 07:05

No, is only copper.
The fins and the pipes are solid copper, no aluminium or other materials mixed.
When you cut a fin you will see that is only copper.

Pilo

Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 18:10

You can weigh both radiators and they must have the same weight.
Aluminium is around 3.3 times lighter.

Density of Copper = 8,92 g/cm3
Density of Aluminium = 2,7 g/cm3

I forgot: To me is seems the tinged locations in the photo are oxidized.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Pilo« (26. September 2013, 18:23)

->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com