• 28.04.2024, 12:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

RE: [Oct13] Help Need Advice to buying products..?

Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2013, 22:40

Hello fellow community of enthusiasts ,

My name is Ian from Australia and I need some friendly advice on some things in relation to setting up a basic but classy look for my HTPC.

[NOTES]
  • Aquaero 5 XT USB fan controller, graphic LCD, touch control, IR remote control<-- Is the Model I want to use. but I have not ordered yet Hence me writing this thread. <- I'm Lil bit confused.
  • I don't want any of my case fans or pumps to be running off the motherboard <-- I want to control all fans using the program given with Aquaero.
  • Does a (3pin) fan connector allow to be adjusted or is it that only a (4pin)? I'm not really sure what they do to be honest.
  • I have 3x (5.25") Drive Bays Available to Use.
In my case i will have:

• (1x) Radiator with (4x) 120mm Fans which have the (3pin) <--- Already Ordered
  • (1x) Fan 140mm (1x) 230mm these will be either (3pin) or (4pin) depending on what you guys would recommend with to use with Aquaero 5 XT.
Now with the tricky stuff which i need help with.
  • I want to buy all Aqua-computer equipment except the tubing,fittings, blocks and radiator.
  • I want to buy a Pump and Reservoir not sure which one to buy to be used in conjunction with the Aquaero 5 XT.
Any thoughts from you guys.
This is what I'm thinking now since i wrote this

Use Aquaero 5 XT (5 fans) with Multiswitch USB 1.41 (8 fans) since i have 6 fans and the the Aquaero only does 5 fans.
  1. If i use the Multiswitch USB 1.41 do I connect the pump to that or the Aquaero 5 XT?
  2. I want to be able to turn the PC on using the IR remote? <-- Not sure if that is possible.
  3. Not too worried about the Thermal Senors just the fans.
  4. Also sorry to be a pain but if you made it thus far you might as well continue reading my jibber jabber.
  5. If i turn my PC on with the power button on the case, will the Pump kick in straight away if i have it plugged into either the
    Multiswitch USB 1.41 or Aquaero 5 XT?
  6. Also I wonder if i can connect the last port on the Multiswitch to say an array of LED's to which I will have placed around the case and can turn off with a button. Since it is a HTPC after all I would like to be able to turn off the Blue LED's when i want to watch a movie? But also still have the Water Pump and Fans working on a lower noise setting.
Any ways Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this thread. I know its a small Forum and i probably wont get a reply for awhile but its something i had to get off my chest.
Thanks again from down under :P :thumbsup: :thumbup: :pinch:

Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013, 13:46

AQ5 has 4 channels of which one in both analogue and PWM (4 pin), it also has 2 other channels that can control PWM ie fans, lights etc.

I have the water block accessory and run 6 120mm fans on 1 channel, 3 120mm fans of the second channel and a 10 w DDC pump of the 3rd and 4th channels ( 2 pumps in series, so if one fails system doesn't stop)
As you can see you should have no issues with the 6 fans you wish to run and may not need the water block.

I would suggest you buy a Aquastream XT USB pump, it connects to the AQ5 via a AquaBUS Cable ( you may need to buy this cable as an accessory) This pump is super efficient in power usage and extremely quiet. (My DDC pumps are quite noisy)
As the pump does not use one of the fan channels on the AQ5 you can you have 4 channels available for radiator and case fans. AQ5 has a stack of temperature sensors you can use inside your case and I would recommend you get 2 inline sensors, one for each side of the radiator
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2293

instead of cutting into motherboard power i went for the factory option
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1636

And you will need one of these
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2665

Buying an Aquastream XT pump, grab the right gear, a matching res

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3063

I also live in Australia, I brought my gear direct, but you can spend a lot more and buy this gear in Australia from thekoolroom. You may find at least this gives you a local contact and advise, as setting up a AQ5 is a massive learning curve- worse than buying a Iphone. ( Also a great place to go when you realize you have not ordered all the bits you need :D )

My HTPC can be turned on via remote, and it uses very old technology, so I would guess you can with AQ5.
The water pump turns on when the motherboard 'soft starts' so you have fluid flow straight away.

No need for a multiswitch!!!

Use the PWM lighting, you could also do it with the relay contact- i imagine....perhaps you may have to study other posts and ask that question about LED setup and control as a single item in a new post.

I use the built in tri led controller as status indication, it is bound to alarm conditions, not sure if you can control it direct with the remote ( I have the pro version)

Tubing i would recommend 3/8 -5/8
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main…oducts_id=22501

Hope this gives you a place to start.