• 16.04.2024, 14:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

help with new setup

Mittwoch, 9. Oktober 2013, 15:27

Current setup:
o/c 2700K @ 4.9 GHZ 2 x 680GTX in SLI dual loops on 2x480 Rads with total 13 fans- currently using 2 x Zalman touch controllers- 5.25" dual bay res with 2x DDC pumps-
Due to case issues- i.e. a new one being ordered for "aesthetics"- I need to reduce the amount of controllers and stuff so looking to control everything from a single controller if possible. I will be changing the bay res and pumps to a similar bay res but with 2x D5 pumps instead
Would a Aquaero 6 do the job- if so what additional cable would I need to both power and control everything
Thanks for any help and sorry my English is not very good- but still better than my German!

Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013, 02:24

AQ6 thread shows how awesome it is,

Donnerstag, 10. Oktober 2013, 20:03

many thanks Gtasshoper

I will wait for a 6 then but for connecting the 2 pumps, are their special cables or anything I need to get? SOrry for being a idiot but not sure about this and don't want to waste precious money and get wrong things

Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013, 03:43

AQ6 is available,

standard 3pin fan connectors, AQ6c an handle PWM so ok if you have 4 pin PWM DDC pumps. You may want to consider either update pumps to D5 USB or grab a couple of PA2's for your pumps so all four channels on the AQ6 are available for you fans.

Montag, 14. Oktober 2013, 17:00

just a quick question- will the new AE6 power 2x D5 pumps or will I need to get something to power them independently? I would like to keep everything simple and would use for the fans multi boards to use 1 channel for say 4 fans from one rad, 1 channel for 4 fans from other rad, 1 channel for case fans- only will be max 3 of them and the two pumps

I am thinking of getting the Koolance Rp-452x2 Dual bay rad & 2 d5 pumps- not sure what one yet!
I looking to keep cabling down to a minimum as case needs to be clean and less cables = easier to keep clean :thumbsup:

Montag, 14. Oktober 2013, 17:55

The Aquaero's don't power the pumps... The D5 pumps are powered direct from the PSU usually using the Molex!!... You also don't need a multi board for the fans??... Just connect the fans up using splitter cables & then connect these to the Aquaero fan headers as required... Simply run a single fan cable from each of the aquaero fan headers long enough to be hidden and connect the fans using either a 3 or 4 fan splitter cable (Like these or these) (not sure where you live but just linked to the type of thing I mean) total of two cables per bank of fans!! OK one of them splits into more but still better than running through a multi board when it's not really necessary?.. Unless I've gotten the wrong end of the stick here? ^^ ... But the choice is yours i guess :D ..

N

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (14. Oktober 2013, 17:58)

Montag, 14. Oktober 2013, 22:01

So how do i control the pumps speed to keep the noise down

Montag, 14. Oktober 2013, 23:47

If you use a Variable speed D5 set the speed via it's switch on the back or if you use the AC D5 then you use the Aquabus control to adjust the speed (or if it's connected via the USB then use it's own Menu to control the speed)..

Have a look HERE for more info on using various pumps Via the Aquaero..

I've done a couple of Basic guides e.t.c that may help to explain things a wee bit better & give you a better Idea as to what you can do & how to set various things up :) ... If you haven't seen it before already that is..

N.

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 10:04

Namron
Thanks for the help- I will look into this more
Do you know if the AE6 will take 2 aquabus connections so I can connect both pumps to it and regulate speed

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 10:46

As far as I'm aware the AQ6 has the same number of Aquabus ports but you can use a splitter cable & the pumps will have seperate Aquabus addresses Ie: 10 & 11 to enable you to control both pumps independantly :)

N.

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 11:36

thanks- what type of splitter cable would I need for the aquabus thing- sorry for all the questions but I am about to order everything and don't want to get the wrong stuffs

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 17:34

If you look at a picture of the PCB panel that's on the back of the ACD5 pump It's a 4 pin Aquabus... But you could use 3 pin also (the fourth pin just carries a 5v feed from the main Aquaero unit via the Aquaero USB that's connected to the motherboard) The fourth pin which is a 5v feed is useful for say the MPS Fill Level sensors if you don't want to keep having to recalibrate it each time you shut the pc down which you would need to do if you only used the 3 pin Aquabus.. Not all the MPS units that connect to the Aquaero Aquabus use 4 pins some use just 3 pins...

I Personally like to use the 4 pin Aquabus cables If the unit has the 4 pins on the PCB But have'nt seen any reason yet for the AC D5 pump to actually need a 4 pin Aquabus... It works perfectly fine using just a 3 pin Aquabus cable..

SO!!...In answer to your question about which type of Splitter cable to get for the Aquaero Aquabus I would recommend using the 4 pin Aquabus Splitter THESE As this then covers you for using both the 4 pin & 3 pin cable to attach the various MPS & Pump Aquabus's, As I pointed out above..... THIS IS FOR JUST THE AQUABUS MIND!!! & not the Fan headers... Hope that helps.. :)

N.

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 02:43

If you look at a picture of the PCB panel that's on the back of the ACD5 pump It's a 4 pin Aquabus... But you could use 3 pin also (the fourth pin just carries a 5v feed from the main Aquaero unit via the Aquaero USB that's connected to the motherboard) The fourth pin which is a 5v feed is useful for say the MPS Fill Level sensors if you don't want to keep having to recalibrate it each time you shut the pc down which you would need to do if you only used the 3 pin Aquabus.. Not all the MPS units that connect to the Aquaero Aquabus use 4 pins some use just 3 pins...

I Personally like to use the 4 pin Aquabus cables If the unit has the 4 pins on the PCB But have'nt seen any reason yet for the AC D5 pump to actually need a 4 pin Aquabus... It works perfectly fine using just a 3 pin Aquabus cable..

SO!!...In answer to your question about which type of Splitter cable to get for the Aquaero Aquabus I would recommend using the 4 pin Aquabus Splitter THESE As this then covers you for using both the 4 pin & 3 pin cable to attach the various MPS & Pump Aquabus's, As I pointed out above..... THIS IS FOR JUST THE AQUABUS MIND!!! & not the Fan headers... Hope that helps.. :)

N.
Are you sure the USB pump will work with a 3 pin cable? If the USB cable is not connected then the mps board has no 5V power. I think only the poweradjust devices use 3 pin aquabus because they have their own 5V supply from the molex connection.

Edit: I mean work with only a 3 pin Aquabus cable connected.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (16. Oktober 2013, 02:45)

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 09:07

N.
Are you sure the USB pump will work with a 3 pin cable? If the USB cable is not connected then the mps board has no 5V power. I think only the poweradjust devices use 3 pin aquabus because they have their own 5V supply from the molex connection.

Edit: I mean work with only a 3 pin Aquabus cable connected.
Hiya Jak

Yeh I purposely tried it as I was writing that reply, I unplugged the USB & took off my 4 pin Aquabus & reconnected with a 3 Pin Aquabus & it worked fine. I was able to alter the pump speed by moving the slider under the "Outputs" Menu of the Aquaero or by changing the % in the "Control" setting under a "Preset Value".. To be honest I wasn't sure if it would work myself with just a 3 pin Aquabus, So I checked before I posted my reply just too make sure it did :)...

The pump was still connected also via the 12v MOLEX obviously at the same time, hence why I said I'm not sure the reason the AC D5's have the 4 pin Aquabus if it works Just the same with just a 3 pin Aquabus cable connected?.... Unless there is a scenario I've not tried yet or come across myself yet that requires it to have a 4 pin cable connected as I doubt I've used all the Aqua gear I have for every scenario if you get my drift?. But so far this has been the case for the D5's for me anyway & the set ups I've used them in ;)

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (16. Oktober 2013, 09:15)

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 16:27

Namron
Thanks for your help so If I get 2 Aquabus cables from the pumps, into the y splitter you said above and connect to the AE6 aquabus this will allow me to control and alter the pumps speeds- I guess that it will change both pumps the same?
I just want to be able to alter the speeds of the pumps to reduce the noise when I am running it normal rather than flat out for gaming or benching
I am asking again to be sure as a friend of mine runs a dual lopped with 2 ddc pumps linked into a fan controller by using a molex to 3pin splitter cable and he can control the pumps like a fan and it also powers it as well rather than having to connect a molex cable

Tanx for help on this one as it is getting costly and I don't want to make sillies

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 17:27

Hiya Knacker

You will be able to adjust the AC D5 USB pumps independently, if you want them to run at the same speeds then you will need to set each pump to your desired speed setting, If on the other hand you want each pump to run at different speeds you will also be able to do this as both pumps have a different Aquabus address numbers (Ie: the first pump 1 = ID10 the second pump 2 = ID11) & so will show up in the Aquasuite as separate pumps...

DDC pumps are totally different pumps & not to be confused with the AC D5 USB Pumps...

N.

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 18:20

Namron- many thanks
so from the one splitter cable into the aqwuabus connector in the ae6 I can run them independently- that's amazing!

I will go order the stuff right now

:D

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 19:29

No problem :) ....

Although I do need to Correct myself here... The AC D5 USB Pumps will NOT be Numbered 10 & 11 in the Aquabus as I've stated..... I Just realised my mistake in saying that... The AC D5 Pumps will be Listed in the Aquasuite as MPS units and therefore will be Numbered say 12 or 13 (being that the MPS numbers run from 12, 13, 14 & 15. As a maximum of four MPS units can be attached to the Aquaero's Aquabus at any one time)... Sorry for my Mistake in telling you the wrong Numbering for the pumps...

Everything else is correct as regards to controlling them & connecting them though... It was just the numbering I got wrong :rolleyes: .. sorry about that..

N.

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 19:39

Namron

I can't believe you got things so ridiculously wrong I am seriously mad here :P :D :D :D :D

Just very kind of you to spend time helping a nutter noob like me out with this
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 22:40

Namron

I can't believe you got things so ridiculously wrong I am seriously mad here :P :D :D :D :D

Just very kind of you to spend time helping a nutter noob like me out with this
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hehehe.... I Know.... I can't believe it either :wacko: ..... The only excuse I can come up with is....... It's been hard couple of days :D ....

& Now worries mate.. I'm always happy to help IF I can & when I can get onto the forums, sometimes my real life work seems to get in the way though :) ...

Let me know how you get on when you get your goodies OK :thumbsup: ..

Take your time & don't rush things & I'm sure you'll be OK.. Most of all...Enjoy it :)..

All the best

Nam (Norman)