• 25.04.2024, 19:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Power Adjust 2 Ultra

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 11:21

Hi everyone,

I just bought loads of AC parts and had so many problems.
The 2 Aquaero XT's I bought, I had to send one back to the seller cause the firmware on it was for PRO unit so the touchscreen was not working. The the pump was supposed to be the ULTRA model, but the pump in the box was Standard.
That has been sorted, the seller will replace the parts.
The second Aquaero XT I bought seems to be working fine. I don't understand how do I have to set it up to connect PA2 to Aquaero 5.
Aquaero firmware is 1030 and the PA2 is 1006. I can see the PA2 and the Aquaero in Aquasuite.
When I remove the USB cable from the PA2, it disappears from Aquasuite. My Aquabus cable is connected to Aquaero High port. The other end is connected to PA2 Aquabus 1. Also tried Aquabus 2 on PA2. I believe that the Aquaero shoud see the PA2 as Fan 5, but I don't get that, with or without USB being connected. As soon as I remove the USB cable from the PA2 the connection is lost. I can only access the PA2 when USB is connected. Also tried different Aquabus configurations. In Aquasuite I changed the value from 50-57. Still nothing. At the moment its set to 55.
Is it bad configuration or are the parts faulty?
I found few threads where users cannot get the PA2 working with the AB cable. I bought 5 PA2's just tried the second one and it wont be detected with AB cable. Turned everything off, connected the USB cable, turned the system back on, then I was able to see the PA2 in Aquasuite. I had one temperature sensor conected to Aquaero, and Aquaero detected it. When I moved the sensor to PA2 (USB connected) the external sensor was reading the temperatures fine.
Then tried to connect two PA's, following this quide http://www.serifwebresources.com/phpBB2m…&forumid=872280
When USB is connected to one of the PA2, the second unit won't show up anywhere. That makes me believe that there is nothing wrong with my Aquaero 5
To cut a long story short, Aquaero/Aquasuite/Master PA2 cannot communicate or read any information from the PA2's without USB being connected.

I truly hope that I can get this working.
Cheers!

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 19:25

The firmwares are all correct... It's the same firmwares for all the Aquaero 5's be they the XT, Pro or LT & the correct firmware for the PA's is also correct being 1006..

Before you began attaching the PA's did you set their Aquabus addresses via their USB in the sequence in which they will be connected to the Aquaero "High Speed" Aquabus?... The first PA in the chain (first one connected to the Aquaero) should be 50, then 51, then 52 then 53 & so on....

Silly question, (But it has been missed before by people) Did you make sure Each PA has a 12v power supply from the Molex (Each unit needs it's own 12v power source)?

Finally... But most importantly... Did you ensure that all power was turned of on the PC & the PSU switched off on the PSU itself & also the Power cord disconnect from the PSU ?... I know this sounds overkill... But trust me.. It can make all the difference when connecting & disconnecting & then reconnecting things via the Aquabus to the Aquaero ?...

I am forever changing & swapping various Aquaero/Aqualis items around for my reviewing & guides e.t.c & Believe me making sure everything is switched off & the PSU disconnected from the mains supply makes all the difference... I used to get things not appearing or disappearing before I started this disconnecting lark...

The PA's should show up in the main Aquaero Tab Menu under the "Sensors" menu > "Temperature sensor" scroll down & you should see them listed as "Fan amplifier 5", "Fan amplifier 6", Fan amplifier 7" & so on (provided you don't have a aquaero LT as a Slave device) If you have a Slave device then the PA's would show up as "Fan amplifier 9", Fan amplifier 10" e.t.c...

You might need to start again but make sure you have the PA's addresses set correct for the chain their in & they all have the same firmware Ie 1006 & Making sure the PC is turned off the PSU is turned off & disconnected from the mains...

Good luck & let us know how you get on :thumbsup: ..

N.

Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2013, 20:12

Just want to let everyone know that I got the PA working. The molex power connector has to be connected to Aquaero to see the devices attached via Aquabus.
The PA2 is FAN 8 now.
I did not connect the molex to Aquaero cause I read that its only used for power outputs. As it's complicated (have to take it apart) to connect the molex to the board, I thought its just the signal I need from Aquabus and power from USB for Aquaero is enough.
I read the manual, and I can see there are quite a few threads on the web saying that Aquabus is not working on this and that. I believe that they should put that in the manual. "The Aquabus will not work without the molex power connector being plugged in".

I cannot comment on the Aquaero 5 XT as I sent it back. It was a weird device. Aquasuite 2013 detected it as PRO and when it was powered up it was unusable. The screen was running through the menu dead fast. It was making a clicking sound (like 3 clicks in a second) And every time it clicked the interface changed. Then it stopped for a half a minute or so, and then started again. First I though the touchscreen is being too sensitive, but no, it did not work at all. Sven from AC said that the firmwares are all the same, so it could be the controller or a bad connection. But its been sent back to the seller now and the Pump too.
I paid for the Ultra, it said on the package Ultra but sticker underneath said Standard.
Its sad that I sent the pump back so fast. Cost me £18 postage. Sven said that I could have updated the firmware. Now I'm here with no pump and have to wait another week or so. Bought from the UK and will be shipped to Scandinavia if anyone's wondering.

I'm happy so far. German advanced engineering in water cooling comes second to none.

My only question now is, what's the best way to measure the power consumption of the system? Aquasuite wants me to enter 3 readings, flow and what? Radiator in and out? Or is there a better way? Once I get the the right inputs, can it be calibrated or configured further?
I have the 1200AXi PSU which is pretty accurate when it comes to measuring power consumption. And also using 2 wall watt meters. Just to make sure the readings are correct. If the Aquaero is giving me incorrect results, can I adjust some settings to get the correct readings?
I would like to do this, cause I cannot stand the Corsairs Link software. I would like the Aquaero to display the consumption, but I want it to be as accurate as possible.
I can use the 1200AXi and watt meters to confirm the actual power usage.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Focal« (15. Oktober 2013, 20:15)