• 27.04.2024, 22:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

appel

leaking water temperatur sensor with temperatures above 100C

Freitag, 25. Oktober 2013, 17:04

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2293

Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct
So i walked to my server today to see why it made so much noise, and saw the fans where at 100% and thats because one water temperature sensor was showing 100-130C
opened the case andthe fans went down. did put some paper around the sensor and got wet.

tried to turn it in more but its screwed in as much as i can.

it did run fine for a few weeks.
case was closed for over a week by now, and nothing did happen with anything.

all i can think about, is that the sensor itself cracked and leaks through the sensor part, making short circuit (hence 100-130C)

not really sure yet what to think about this, and what to do.

Samstag, 26. Oktober 2013, 06:12

That sensor is just a G 1/4 male to female fitting with a flat film sensor wrapped around it and a plastic cover.

The O-ring on the sensor or of whatever is screwed into the sensor must have a problem and water is leaking to the outside of the fitting and got under the plastic cover. The flat sensors change resistance if submerged or exposed to water directly, that resistance change is interpreted as temperature change by the device.
The sensor should return to normal when dried out properly, the plastic cover should just slip off.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (26. Oktober 2013, 06:16)

appel

Montag, 28. Oktober 2013, 13:40

yap, looked at another one, seems unlikely that the sensor itself is leaking.
starting to wonder what is actaully leaking now. (it was fine for 2 days and now is back to 100-130)