• 20.04.2024, 07:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Lack of usb headers on motherboard

Montag, 18. November 2013, 01:29

So I've finally got my system together and it's leak tested. Now it's time to connect all my monitoring goodies to my motherboard.
Problem is, the lack of usb ports available on my motherboard.
I need to connect 8 aquabus pumps and 2 aquaero as individual units but I only have 2 ports available.
Am I right in thinking that I only need to connect the pumps once for a device name and then I can connect them to just the aquaero's freeing up 2 ports for the actual aquaero's?
Has anyone done this before?
The only reason I'm using 2 aquaero's is so I can connect my pumps.
Granted it's overkill, but check the pics as it looks fantastic :-)

Montag, 18. November 2013, 01:31

appel

Montag, 18. November 2013, 13:17

8 pumps?
each aquaero can only handle 2 as far as i know.
and yes you just need them connected once to configure them, however i prefer to keep them connected.

http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2422

that should fix your problem

Donnerstag, 21. November 2013, 11:34

Hi,
I've already purchased 2 units based on a few comments I had before about connecting these devices.
Each aquaero can have 4 mps devices hence the 2 units I have.
Love the NZXT usb internal header you sent me.
Wondering how many of those I can use. Each has 3 available ports, I have 3 motherboard headers I could plug a unit into. That would give me 9 ports in total, I need 11.
Could I daisy chain those NZXT units or am I pushing my luck??

Donnerstag, 21. November 2013, 12:41

I have the same NZXT USB Hubs and where your right in saying they have three Internal USB ports... remember Each port consist of 2 USB connections.. Therefore each unit has in fact 6 Internal USB connections & 2 external connections to use. So 2 x NZXT USB Hubs infact give you 12 Internal USB's & 4 x External USB's.. :)

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (21. November 2013, 12:43)

Freitag, 22. November 2013, 22:15

Each of my D5 aquabus pumps has a 5 pin usb header.
Are you saying I could attatch 2 of those to one 9 pin usb header on the nzxt? Is that how I attatch 6 per nzxt device?
The 5 pins on the D5's has 2 black wires, are they both the same and both needed?
I'm not sure how to connect 8 pumps to 2 of these nzxt units.
Thanks Namron. You are a legend on here :-)

appel

Freitag, 22. November 2013, 23:06

the 2nd black wire is not needed.
the reason the motherboard has 9 pins, is so you cant plug it wrong.

so yes. you can connect the 2nd pumpt usb on the 4pin as if it has 5 pins

Freitag, 22. November 2013, 23:11

Phenominal. You win the best answer. Why didn't I know this already?
I love this site

Samstag, 23. November 2013, 00:10

Next question :-)
To know which pump is which, would I need to connect them individually and assign them an address in the aqua suite?
I have 2 Aquaero XT units. I'd like 4 pumps on each as I can't control them all with just one (Am I right in saying that?)
This sounds a little confusing to set up.
Would I connect the one aquaero, then one at a time attatch each pump and assign, then the second aquaero and follow that procedure again or....
Would I disconnect the first aquaero and 4 pumps and start the process again with just the second setup?
Would I need to assign a separate name or address for each aquaero?
Do I actually need the second aquaero to control the extra 4 pumps if they are all connected by usb?
Tricky to answer but your help is "VERY MUCH" appreciated.

Samstag, 23. November 2013, 01:43

The problem I see here is that each Aquaero can only have 4 MPS sensors connected & controlled Via the Aquabus at any one time... So if your going to connect the pumps and control them Via the Aquabus then your going to in fact use up all your MPS addresses with just pumps.. But on the other hand if your going to connect & Control the pumps Via the USB then I don't think you should have any issues (but to be honest I'm not sure on that as I've never needed more than two pumps running in any system I've had ;) ) Also It may be that you would only need one Aquaero if your connecting the pumps Via the USB, as the pumps are (as I understand it) stand alone units when connected this way..

I believe I have read somewhere on here that when using two Aquaero units in one system (not one as slave unit) then it pays to set each unit individually & separately as then Aquasuite software doesn't get confused.. You won't need to assign each Aquaero with different addresses as far as I know (although if it were me I would perhaps give them a different name to each other.. be that Aquaero 1 & Aquaero 2 or whatever you prefer to call them. Just in case one does start playing up you'll know which one it is e.t.c) but that's just me, It's up to you really on the naming side of things.. I like to give all my connected units to the Aquaero there own Names e.t.c, Just makes it easier for me to suss out then which it is that is giving problems should they occur :) ..

Hope that helps a wee bit..

N.

Samstag, 23. November 2013, 03:19

I didn't realise I could just connect them via usb.
Do I need them connected to the aquaero to set a curve with aquasuite or is just pump usb to motherboard ok?
Each fan uses Power:4.8W ,Voltage:12VDC and Current:0.4A
What should I use to run....
  • 22 fans in groups of 2 and 3
  • Read 10 temp sensors
  • Control 8 pumps via curve
I have upto 6 power adjusts, 2 multi switches and another aquaero available to use.
I'd like to use the bare minumum and keep it as simple as possible.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mganddrea« (23. November 2013, 04:38)

Sonntag, 24. November 2013, 05:55

I'm pretty sure to use curves the pumps need to be connected by aquabus and set to aquabus priority.
I have 2 D5's on curve controllers and when I set the priority to USB they swap to the manual speed setting.

Sonntag, 24. November 2013, 12:18

As Jacusonfire has said... If you want to use curve controls on your USB D5's then they need to be connected & controlled Via the Aquabus...

Why do you want them on a Curve control?? Having the the pump rate going up & down gives you very very little if no benefit at all, In my experience anyway (& yes i've run testing on flow rates & temps e.t.c). The only time it may make a difference to your fluid temps is if the fluid is flowing at a very slow rate or if it's flowing at a very very high flow rate, In which case you would probably need a to be running the D5's with 24v (& this would mean you would have to have a different D5 to these AC USB D5's as these USB D5's don't fully take advantage of the 24v speed settings & yes again I have tested this)... Just connect the 8 pumps via the USB and set the manual speed to what your happy with as regards flow rate & noise levels (if that's your concern) & j then just leave them.. To me putting pumps on a curve control is a waste of time & a curve control (as your limited to how many curve controls you can have in the Aquasuite running at any one time) in most cases...

Just my take on it & my opinion/experience you understand ;)

If it's the Aquaero 6 you have then I think you'll be ok for that amount of those fans on the one unit (maybe need 1 PA ?) But as you want to have 10 temp sensors????..... your going to need the 2 x PA's to get you the 10 temp headers (Aquaero has 8 & each PA has 1 = 10 in total...

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (24. November 2013, 12:41)

Montag, 25. November 2013, 12:26

Ok.
I'll cancel the curve control on the pumps. Can I still monitor them with aquaero if they are connected only by usb?
I'm connecting each fan to my psu for power and connecting what I believe is the pwm function to a 3-1 cable and then to the aquaero.
I've enclosed pics of my fan connections
Will this work? Can I get 3 fans per channel using this method?
Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm almost ready to connect the fans and poweradjusts :-)

appel

Montag, 25. November 2013, 13:30

the first pic is just pure power from the psu, and then a signal cable from the fan with its rpm speed. no way to change the speed of the fan.
the 2nd one seems to be just a 3 way splitter.
I power all my fans from aquaero (the 4 fan headers) and split them to power all my fans

Montag, 25. November 2013, 14:20

Are you certain I can't control my fans?
There is 2 wires to the 4 pin molex and both of those wires also go to the 3 pin fan connector with a 3rd wire which must be the rpm.
Have a double check for me and let me know for certain. 22 new fans aren't cheap!!
Thanks

Montag, 25. November 2013, 14:52

Ok.
I'll cancel the curve control on the pumps. Can I still monitor them with aquaero if they are connected only by usb?
I'm connecting each fan to my psu for power and connecting what I believe is the pwm function to a 3-1 cable and then to the aquaero.
I've enclosed pics of my fan connections
Will this work? Can I get 3 fans per channel using this method?
Thanks again for everyone's help. I'm almost ready to connect the fans and poweradjusts :-)
[attach]4459[/attach][attach]4458[/attach]
If you power your fans direct from the PSU then you will have not control over them & they will run at 100% all the time (as appel above has pointed out)... Why would you want to do this??.. The Aquaero fan headers are there to power & control the fan speeds.... You say in one of your previous posts that you want to keep this as simple as possible, Yet you keep putting things in to make things more complicated :D ??.. I'm a bit bemused... (also I'm not sure which Aquaero your using?... I'm assuming you have the Aquaero 5? is this correct, have I missed that somewhere?)...

If it's the Aquaero 5 (which only has the one PWM fan header) then first I would suggest getting the water block for it (as you want to run so many fans), then get either 4 x 6 3pin fan splitter & attach one to each Aquaero fan header (meaning you can attach 6 fans per header =24 fans Although even with the water block this may be pushing the Aquaero 5 a wee bit too much, It may be OK I'm not sure. I've never tried running 6 fans per header before on it) or get 6 x 4 3pin splitter cables and connect these to the Aquaero & the 2 PA's, which comes out as 4 fans per header (which I know the Aquaero 5 can handle fairly easily with a water block) 16 fans on the Aquaero 5 & 2 or 3 fans per PA = 20>22 fans total. Either way at least this way you have the Aquaero powering & monitoring the fans which in turn means you can at least then control all the fans (which is after all the purpose of the Aquaero)..

Then again if it's the Aquaero 6 (which can handle PWM fans on all it's fan headers) your going to be using then all those fans would connect to it with no need for a water block & using just 4 x 6 3 pin (standard) or 4 pin (PWM) splitter cables, Again at least this way the Aquaero is powering the fans and in such allows you to control them...

As regards the Pump & USB connection.... Yes you can still Monitor, Set Alarms & control the pumps e.t.c all through the Aquasuite 2013 software even if the pumps are only connected Via the USB :)

I would also Strongly suggest that you make sure everything is turned of and DISCONNECTED (this means taking out the PSU power lead from the PSU) from any power source before you start plugging item into the Aquaero. I know that may sound a bit over the top, But trust me.. sometimes the Aquaero doesn't take kindly to having things connected & disconnected then reconnected without it being totally disconnected from any power source... You Have been warned!!!!

Good luck which ever route (aquaero) your using ;)

N.

EDIT...... I've just seen your reply to appel's post... I've never seen fan connectors like those & am not sure how they work?.. BUT... It looks to me there made to be either powered by a Molex (the big 4 pin connector) or by using the small 3 pin Fan connector & not using both??? you use one or the other not both power lines (as you pointed out the power cables from the molex go to the 3 pin connector... so that must mean that these are to power the fans when using just the small 3 pin connector)...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (25. November 2013, 15:47)

Dienstag, 26. November 2013, 02:37

I didn't mention that I'm using Aquaero 5 XT version and I'm sorry if I've been confusing so far.
You can the pics above for the fan connections I have. I've already ordered the multiple fan splitters (pics below)
The splitters were bought from overclockers.co.uk and the names of them are...
Akasa FLEXA FP3S 3 Fan PWM Controller
Akasa FLEXA FP5, Smart PWM cable for 5 PWM case fans
Perhaps these are the wrong thing as the title now leads me to believe.
This is very frustrating. I bought half of the gear before I bought my aquaero as I only heard about it after.
I'm trying to make the best out of what I have. I understand I may have to spend a little more to get this setup actually where it needs to be.
I'd really like to control my fans, I believe they are controllable. I've learned many things and I'm doing my research before I plug it all in.
I started this project nearly 12 months ago and it's taken this long to plan and get all the bits I need. I'm so close now. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mganddrea« (26. November 2013, 02:50)

Dienstag, 26. November 2013, 03:15

Yup.. I understand I think :) ...

As I said above, I think you would just use the SMALL three pin fan connector from your fan (Although it doesn't look like a PWM fan connection to me from the photo?.. Normally PWM fan connectors are 4 pin but those look like three pin standard connectors) but here is your Problem Now.. If you have all PWM fans there is NO WAY you will be able run all 22 of the one PWM capable fan header on the Aquaero 5 (The Aquaero 6 can use all 4 fan headers as PWM but the Aquaero 5 can't it only has the 4th fan header that can be used as a PWM fan header) If on the other hand you fans are just standard fans then you just need to get ordinary 3 pin fan splitter cables rather than the PWM versions..

This is what is confusing me now... are you tryingto use PWM fans or just standard fans?.. I can't see from the quick glance I just had back through all the post which type of fans your using?.. Sorry if I've missed that somewhere.. It's very late here like 2.10am and I have to be up for work in 4 hours so I'm tierd lol....

Sorry but I'm going to bed now and can't hang on more tonight I'm afraid...

N.

Dienstag, 26. November 2013, 09:13

This is turning into confusion central. I thought the pics of the white fan connectors you put up were the splitters but now I think I understand they are the connectors on the actual fans themselves?
It seems they are designed to either plug straight into the PSU OR into a 3 pin fan header

If so, they are not PWM fans and PWM splitter cables will be no use to you.

If the fan specs you have mentioned are accurate then an Aquaero 5 would have no hope of powering 22 of them. Why so many high speed fans anyway? a large rad surface area should only need low powered fans.