• 20.04.2024, 18:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Help: How to Use MPS Sensor Generated Flow Rate in Aquasuite Power Dissipation Calculation?

Samstag, 23. November 2013, 21:07

Hi All -

I recently added an MPS flow sensor to my loop, replacing a mechanical flow sensor I previously had. However, I'm unable to find a way to use the new device's flow rate measurement in Aquasuite's power dissipation calculations.

When setting up a power measurement in Aquasuite (Aquero 5 page -> Controller's page -> Power Measurement section), the only flow rates that can be assigned to the rate part of the dissipation calculation are the ones that are read from the Aquero's two dedicated flow rate inputs (or the one dedicated input and the one that's switchable between fan 1 and a flow meter). The MPS device's flow measurements come into the aquero in a different way - via USB or aquabus - and I don't see a way to select them for use in the calculation.

I'm guessing it's not possible to do so, but does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks!

Sonntag, 24. November 2013, 06:11

My MPS devices show up as flow sensors just fine.

Do you mean only flow 1 & 2 show up for you?

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 02:35

Thanks for the response and apologies for my long delay.

Yes, in the screen shot you posted, I see you have more than just the Flow 1 and 2 devices. For some reason though, I don't get that. I only see Flow 1 and 2 - the MPS flow sensor doesn't show up.

Basically, as far as I can tell, the only place I have access to the MPS data is either on the MPS's own tab, or on an overview page through an object. MPS appears nowhere under my Aquereo tab, which means I can't use the data for controllers, alarms, etc, which is not good. The only thing my MPS units (I have a fill sensor too) are good for at this point is data display.

Hmmm... the MPS units are connected via USB only. They don't need to have Aquabus connected to show up on the Aquero tab, do they?

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 09:30

i have had this problem for about 6 months give or take all i get is flow 1 and 2 nothing else, only place I have access to the MPS data is either on the MPS's own tab which show 47.0 gallons an hour .could this be with the aqua suite software because i have seen alot of posts about this. and my mps still don't show up and was only a few months old when it started to not show up.I don't know if this was a error on my part,but all i did was change cases and added a power adjust2 on it but took it off after i couldn't get that to work or i just suck..lol

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pegleg« (30. November 2013, 09:33)

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 19:00

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Have the aquacomputer guys said anything about this on the forums? Guess I'll put a support ticket in. I'll let you know what I hear.

Samstag, 30. November 2013, 19:29

When your MPS Device is connected via aqaubus with the aquaero you to add the flow sensor source from mps device to your sensor settings.
The MPS has the sensor numbers Flow 11 .. 14.

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 01:04

When your MPS Device is connected via aqaubus with the aquaero you to add the flow sensor source from mps device to your sensor settings.
The MPS has the sensor numbers Flow 11 .. 14.
I do not see flow 11 or 14 just flow 1&2 aquasuite 2013-5 keeps crashing on me done it twice 2 me just taken screen shots.everytime i click mps will crash.
»pegleg« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • aqua.jpg
  • aqua2.jpg
  • aquacrash.jpg
  • crashreport.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pegleg« (1. Dezember 2013, 01:12)

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 06:46

I do not see flow 11 or 14
in this case is your mps not connected corretly to the aquaero (via aquabus)

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 08:40

yes it is connected to the aquaero right using aqua wires. aquaero high flow to the mps using the 4 pin wire. I have just hooked the mps up all by it's self and i get nothing in the aquaero.But when i hook my aquastream xt pump to it, it's fine,it use to work don't know what happened to it.Sebastian can i just get the board that goes in to my mps or do i have to buy the hole thing again ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pegleg« (1. Dezember 2013, 09:25)

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 09:37

Well, I guess that is my problem then! I need to connect to the MPS devices by both USB and aquabus if I want to use them in alarms, controllers, etc. Yes, I know that technically an MPS device doesn't have to stay connected via USB once the device is configured, but what if I want to reconfigure or tweak the device? I'd have to reconnect USB.

I wish that one bus could handle all of these things. I'd guess the reason USB alone isn't enough is that Aquasuite or aquaservice doesn't pass MPS data received over USB down to the aquero for use in the controllers and alarms. What I'm not sure is why all of the configuration data currently set up via USB couldn't have been set up via Aquabus - other than it would have been more work because I'm guessing that currently, aquabus is just providing power and a very basic protocol that supplies the unscaled value and maybe the address of the MPS device it came from. To do all of the device configuration stuff, the Aquabus would have needed to go from a very simple protocol to something a significantly more complex. Ha, okay, enough of my wild speculation.

Anyway, when I decided to go with the USB hook-up I kind of assumed that connecting via aquabus supplied a true subset of the functionality a USB connection gave.That assumption was wrong.

Thanks for straightening this out, Sebastian.I'll try hooking aquabus back up tomorrow and verify it fixed my problem.

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 11:32

The aquabus provide the most sensor values/ device data from each device.
The aquaero can only use data from other devices when the device is connected via aquabus.

The usb connection for all devices is only for the aquasuite software (display data and setup device).

Montag, 2. Dezember 2013, 07:04

The aquabus provide the most sensor values/ device data from each device.
The aquaero can only use data from other devices when the device is connected via aquabus.

The usb connection for all devices is only for the aquasuite software (display data and setup device).
yes ,i should be able 2 setup the mps when connected to usb and see the flow 11 or 14 right,or do i have to unplug the usb and then i will see it ?
I never got a answer about the board for my mps sebastian? If i can order one and see if that solves my problem thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pegleg« (2. Dezember 2013, 07:30)

Montag, 2. Dezember 2013, 07:31

When you have connected the mps with aquabus, the aquaero read out the values.
You dont need the usb connection. Take a look to the manuals from the MPS and the aquaero.

Montag, 2. Dezember 2013, 10:07

When you have connected the mps with aquabus, the aquaero read out the values.
You dont need the usb connection. Take a look to the manuals from the MPS and the aquaero.
I have and i don't get know flow 11or 14 just 1&2
so sabastian that is a no on buying just the board 4 my mps