• 26.04.2024, 19:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

bern43

Backplate clearance issue

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2013, 20:35

Because the Aquacomputer backplate for my gtx 780 is so thick I'm running into clearance issues with the bottom clips for my ram on my Asus Maximus Extreme VI board. I'm running SLI and would like to use the top slot to avoid the PLX chip. It looks like I could just grind away the metal right where its having clearance problems. There is a screw there, which might cause problems, as the backplate is already countersunk there and I'm sure I cant go without that screw since its providing pressure to the waterblock. Maybe I could just use a regular screw underneath the plate? As long as the screw isn't hitting the plate, I don't think that would be a problem.

Any thoughts?

Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013, 20:13

I ran into the same issue. I ended up using the lower PCI-e 16 slot which was not ideal, but then the MB died and I got the EVGA X79 Dark and there is just enough room on it.

bern43

Freitag, 6. Dezember 2013, 21:17

With a little more grinding I think I'm there. Looks like my backplate is warped a tiny bit, which is adding to the problem. I've also now managed to lose one of those tiny black spacers and am at a complete loss as to where to get a replacement. Hardware store had nothing that would even remotely work.