• 27.04.2024, 20:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

SHOGGY ??How 2 return flow meter mine is bad

Sonntag, 8. Dezember 2013, 23:23

ok,I took everything apart on my computer this weekend and I followed the direction shoggy gave me and my flow meter does not come up with no volts at all,but i also check the high flow on the aquaero 5 and my reading where 09.5 & 09.6 and these reading where also on the low flow too so is my aquaero good with these readings?How do i send my flow meter back so it can be fixed or replaced.I did the test with a digital multimeter.THANKS Shoggy for testing.

OK, if you are 100% sure that you have done everything correct with the setup we can just head one to some more advanced testing. I hope you own a multimeter, if not maybe you can borrow one from someone in the house, the neighborhood or your work etc.

If that sensor - even when connected alone with no other aquabus devices - does not work, it is very likely that there is something damaged with the aquabus interface. That can be easily check by two voltage measurements. Please connect only the flow sensor with a 4-pin cable to the aquabus highspeed port on the aquaero. Do not connect the USB cable to the sensor. Remove the stainless steel cover from the sensor you get full access to the controller board.

You will have to measure these two points:

It looks more complicated than it is. The connector in the upper left is for the external temperature sensor while the 5-pin row next to it is the USB. Just make sure to use the pins that I have marked with the lines. For the sensor you should measure a voltage of 3V. The other measure point at the lower end will look a bit different in your case since my photo is just a naked board. You will see three pins going into the holes, they are from the sensor head below the controller board. The position is still the same as in my photo and the point is also marked with a little golden plus icon. Go from the ground pin of the USB header to this point at the end and you should get a value about 4.3V (might vary a bit up or down).

Depending on your values it might be possible to tell whats going on there. If both values are OK, than the sensor should work correctly and maybe there is something wrong with the aquabus on the aquaero. Is it right that so far none of the other aquabus devices have been detected one time? (You should test them separately.)

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 15:51

i have set a request to shoggy but i guess nobody replies

Samstag, 14. Dezember 2013, 07:54

Need to contact Support.