• 28.04.2024, 00:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AQ 5 Pro (firmware 1034) Bug - Random AQ 5 Pro Resets

Montag, 30. Dezember 2013, 18:13

I've been using an AQ5 Pro for years and it hasn't failed me in all that time.

However, I recently upgraded AS to 2013-5.2 and updated the firmware on my AQ 5 Pro and MPS 400. Since then I've noticed that my AQ 5 Pro will randomly reset. AS 2013-5.2 will not crash - just the device will sometimes reset itself. While working in Windows I notice this because I can see the AQ 5 Pro screen go through the boot process, where it displays a splash screen, and I can hear that all too familiar USB device disconnect/connect sound effect. :( This never occurred prior to AS 2013-5.2 and firmware 1034.

UPDATE:
While using AS 2013-5.2 I clicked on "Configuration" under "MPS" and AS crashed. This is the second time that this has happened since upgrading AS and the AQ 5 Pro. I should note that this doesn't occur every time. Again, this has never occurred prior to AS 2013-5.2 and firmware 1034.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Psychor« (3. Januar 2014, 19:38)

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 03:49

I reported the problem with Aquasuite crashing when you select the MPS400 Configuration in the thread titled:

AS 2013-5.2 Bug - MPS temperature label incorrect

(Could not insert a link to that thread, don't know why)

I've found that AS crashes when it initially opens. If after the system finishes booting I close and reopen AS, I can then access the MPS>Configuration.

RodeoGeorge

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 03:55

I reported the problem with Aquasuite crashing when you select the MPS400 Configuration in the thread titled:

AS 2013-5.2 Bug - MPS temperature label incorrect

(Could not insert a link to that thread, don't know why)

I've found that AS crashes when it initially opens. If after the system finishes booting I close and reopen AS, I can then access the MPS>Configuration.

RodeoGeorge
http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/p1403705-as-2013-5-2-bug-mps-temperature-label-incorrect/#post1403705

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 19:57

One thing I'm not yet clear on is if the device reset is caused by the device on its own, the AS software triggering the device to reset or a combination of the two. Sven said that AC will be looking into the matter.

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 21:52

One thing I'm not yet clear on is if the device reset is caused by the device on its own, the AS software triggering the device to reset or a combination of the two. Sven said that AC will be looking into the matter.
I am not experiencing a "device (MPS400) reset". Once the parameters are saved into the MPS400, it retains the Aquabus Address and Calibration.

It is the Aquasuite Program that is closing when MPS>Configuration is selected on the Aquasuite left panel when the computer starts (or reboots) and Aquasuite initially loads.

Once Aquasuite closes, I can reopen Aquasuite and access MPS>Configuration.

I have two MPS400s installed, and this happens if I select MPS>Configuration on either MPS.

I can access anything on the Aquasuite left panel EXCEPT the MPS>Configuration without incident.

RodeoGeorge

Freitag, 3. Januar 2014, 19:28

I have the same issue as you have. Now my MPS flow 400 don't work anymore and don't give me flow rate anymore. I have plug the RPM signal to the motherboard CPU and in the BIOS I have a RPM on the CPU fan header.
Even if I use the USB cable on the MPS Flow 400 as soon I select the MPS - Configuration then Aquasuite crash and I need to restart Aquasuite and after I can configure the MPS flow.
I update to firmware 1008 and since no more flow rate. Under the graphic I dont have uncalibrated values anymore.
Great job Aquacomputer !

Freitag, 3. Januar 2014, 19:37

Guys, I primarily created this thread to address a AQ5 Pro device reset with the new AS software and/or AQ5 firmware. This is not primarily about the MPS 400. Please create another thread.