• 24.04.2024, 17:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

6 XT as a slave to a 6 XT

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 17:26

So, due to a shipping debacle, I have two 6 XTs sitting at home...one already deployed, one I haven't even seen yet as it arrived today.
I also have a few poweradjust modules. However, I think I want a little more granular control and realistically, the 6 XT has one additional, and technically higher rated fan output than what I'd get with 3x poweradjusts.
However, I don't want to operate them independantly, and nothing in the manual or online suggests anything other than a 5 LT that can be operated as a slave.
So can a 6 XT piggyback off another 6 XT and be seen as that many more inputs/controls/outputs?
Else, needless to say I'd just return the thing.

Pilo

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 23:11

To make an Aquaero 5 LT into a slave you must flash it with a special firmware. But, there isn't such a firmware for an Aquaero 6 yet.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014, 11:27

Good to know. Thanks!

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014, 11:31

The slave firmware in the actual aquasuite is compatible with the aquaero 6.

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014, 22:29

Based on something I'd found online on setting up a 5 LT as a slave, I assume that I would see something similar within Aquasuite, namely an option to flash the unit as a slave within the system config page of the unit. But this option is not available.
That said, can you please confirm that this is in fact the case, and if so, if there is anything in particular that needs to be done to flash it in that respect?

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 07:02

You have to remove the display. The slave works only when no display is attached.

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 10:29

Once you've removed the display/screen it's very easy to then Flash the device to a slave unit. I've done a quick basic guide HERE & although the guide covers using an LT Aquaero 5 it's the same process. Just take your time & make sure the unit is disconnected from any power source before you start disconnecting & reconnecting any cables e.t.c & you should be fine :)

N.

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 10:44

Kind of makes sense with that requirement. I'll give it a go tonight.
So...feature request...allow a unit with a screen to become a slave. :) Multiple screens would be a nice feature (albeit overkill) in that kind of configuration.
Namron, your guide is what I was referring to earlier in the thread. Read it. :)

Samstag, 18. Januar 2014, 20:48

All good to go. New thread created in response to how it works. :D