• 18.04.2024, 13:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Question for AQ guru regarding PA2 Aquabus Connections

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014, 05:50

I have in my system the Aquaero 6 XT, two Aquastream XT Ultra Pumps, two MPS400 Flow Sensors, and two PA2 Ultras.

Since the PA2 is the only device that allows forwarding the Aquabus through a second Aquabus header, my question is:

Is it strictly a non amplified parallel connection between the two Aquabus headers on the PA2, or is there a conditioning/amplification circuit for the Aquabus Signal in the PA2?

The answer will definitely have a bearing on how I route the Aquabus cabling, and Wye placement.

RodeoGeorge

RE: Question for AQ guru regarding PA2 Aquabus Connections

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 02:44

I have in my system the Aquaero 6 XT, two Aquastream XT Ultra Pumps, two MPS400 Flow Sensors, and two PA2 Ultras.

Since the PA2 is the only device that allows forwarding the Aquabus through a second Aquabus header, my question is:

Is it strictly a non amplified parallel connection between the two Aquabus headers on the PA2, or is there a conditioning/amplification circuit for the Aquabus Signal in the PA2?

The answer will definitely have a bearing on how I route the Aquabus cabling, and Wye placement.

RodeoGeorge
you can just daisy chain one to the other ( long time lurker first time poster ! ) 8o

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 03:27

I am aware that the Aquabus connections can be daisy chained, OR can be connected using a Wye.

The reason for my inquiry is that the Aquabus signal degrades, the more connections that are added.

If the PA2 in fact amplifies or raises the level of the Aquabus signal, placing it down stream a ways can result in better signal strength at the end of a chain.

RodeoGeorge

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 12:04

How do you plan to route in either case?
The runs are short enough that generally speaking, I can't see what the issue would be unless you're running from A-B-C-D, etc, with extremely long cables...on the order of 2 meters or something along those lines between each jump.
As you can chain up to 8 PAs off an Aquaero (whether due to addressing limitations or signal strength I don't know) I would think that the devices you have listed aren't doing to matter which way you route.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (17. Januar 2014, 12:06)

Pilo

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 13:04

If I rembemer right, the max. linkage length for the aquabus is about one metre in total. Any longer and you'll face signal loss.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Freitag, 17. Januar 2014, 19:24

If I rembemer right, the max. linkage length for the aquabus is about one metre in total. Any longer and you'll face signal loss.
You are correct Pilo, which is exactly why I asked the original question, which by the way has not been answered as of yet.

With six items to connect, I have already experienced some intermittent operation with the bench setup I'm testing before final installation.

Each 3 pin Aquabu cable is 50cm long, and the 4 pin Aquabus cable (used for the MPS400 if no USB cable is desired) is 70cm long. The 4 pin Wye's that I have add another 35cm for each leg when used.

Again, with six Aquabus items to connect there will be a total of 5 Wye's. Ideally for me, the PAs are at the end the third Wye on each leg. If you do the math, you'll see that on one leg of the first Wye the MPS will be on a 140cm cable run. The Aquastream and PA will each be on 155cm cable runs. And in total, considering both legs, that is 760cm of Aquabus cable and Wye's.

If the PA Aquabus if effectively a repeater for the signal, I can change the routing to take advantage of this, and reduce the total cable length for both legs to 610cm,

My original question was also prompted by the fact that without the Power Cable attached to the PA, I would loose the Aquabus signal on the daisy chain output. This suggested either active, powered components in the PA signal path OR loading of the signal by unpowered components in the PA.

Now that everyone is either totally confused, of lost interest, can someone please answer the original question:

On the Poweradjust 2, is it strictly a non amplified parallel connection between the two Aquabus headers, or is there a conditioning/amplification circuit for the Aquabus Signal in the PA2?

RodeoGeorge

As a side note: Realizing that there are space constraints in the cable interface areas of both the Aquastream and the MPS Flow, it sure would have been nice to have an Aquabus daisy chain capability for these items.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wa3pnt« (17. Januar 2014, 19:28)