• 20.04.2024, 00:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 4 burnt relay

Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014, 21:21

Hi,
Wanted to use a relay in my aquaero 4 for switching cold cathodes. I read in the manual that it can stand a 1A at 12V (chapter 4.8, page 10), so I didn't worry since my cathodes draw about 0.75A at 12V.
Connected it and... relay doesn't work any more (it's always on). Found the relay datasheet which says that maximum switching current is.. 0.5A. So because of mistake in owners manual I don't have a relay any more.
Just have to find a relay that can stand a 1A maximum switching current (if there is any) and swap them.

relay datasheet: http://www.jameco.com/Jameco/Products/ProdDS/1860088.pdf
relay number: hamlin HE3621A0510

Just saying so you guys don't make the same mistake:)

Question is what max power can the coil be, is 360mW ok?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Modyfikator« (21. Januar 2014, 22:17)

Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014, 16:23

Just wanted to share a quick mod of Aquaero relay I did today.

Soldered out the relay and soldered a fan socket instead.

Luckily I managed to put the relay in the cold cathodes converter casing.

Closed converter case . Black and green - relay control (from Aquaero). Black and red - cathodes power (12V from psu ). White - cathodes.

Powered it up, works brilliant!

Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014, 16:53

Great work!

Do you have a part number for the Relay that you used?

RodeoGeorge

Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014, 22:44

Yes, it's HF3FF. You can use whatever relay you want just make sure that its coil doesn't draw to much current , I think that 500mA maximum is safe.

Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014, 03:40

Yes, it's HF3FF. You can use whatever relay you want just make sure that its coil doesn't draw to much current , I think that 500mA maximum is safe.
Thank you.

RodeoGeorge

Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2014, 13:48

Oh and don't forget that coil voltage must be 5V.