• 18.04.2024, 09:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Quick and Easy Aquaero 5 Pro questions±

Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 01:42

Hi guys questions that may be easy to answer!

I plan on running my aquaero out of a PC and using it as an independent fan controller for an AV cabinet.

1. Can i buy or get a link to a USB cable that terminates to a normal USB cable end as opposed to the motherboard header cable that comes with the Aquaero?

2. On the Aquaero 5 pro i plan on running 12 fans (3 fans per channel 0.3amps each) would i be better buying PWM fans or normal 3 pin fans?

3. Does anyone have any good recommendations for low DBA high CFM 140mm fans to buy? i need 12 of them! i was hoping for 60cfm @ 1200rpm @ 15db(a)

4. Does anyone know of an external plastic box thats relatively shallow that i could mount the controller in (like an external DVD case but not as deep!) so i can keep the display external rather than mounted in a 5.25 bay

5. Does anyone know of a strong external PSU (molex to 3 pin plug!) that would be capable of maxing out the 4 fan channel voltages (i take it I'm looking at a 7amp supply?

6. Would i be better moving to the Aquaero 6 for the updated rail voltages and better PWM handling? or is it a waste of money now i have the Aquaero 5?

7. If running 12 fans 24/7 will the controller over heat or should i think of fan cooling the controller itself?! would the aquaero 6 help in this scenario?

If anyone can shed ANY light on any of the above I'd be over the moon!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »phoenix_rising« (31. Januar 2014, 02:00)

Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 09:30

1 yes usb is usb, as is emphasized please make sure to attach it correctly, the wire colors are pretty industry standard !

2 personal choice but undervolting fans causes more amps to be pulled and idk the limits on the aq5 sorry

3 i would look at noctura they have a pretty good 140mm fan

4 make one or google external 5.25 bay

5 google again. and 10a is what the rated value is for the aq but it uses 5v as well you would be better buying a HIGH quality low amp PSU and either jumping it out or buying a jumper/psu switch

6 personal choice i cant make that choice for you one nice thing about pwm is you can daisy chain them with proper connectors

7 yes the aq6 would help with its updated power controllers, but you need ot make sure you have the heatsink or waterblock

Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 10:17

Thanks for the replies - I've already done quite a lot of googling so i was looking for a few suggestons for certain things really:

4. 5.25" bay/caddy/enclosure as a shallow depth just dont seem to be on the net from what i can see.
5. Can you link me to a power supply that you suggested? am i looking for a 10a or 7a or 5v or 12v?
6. Really looking for someones opinion on the best solution knowing my set up... can i not link 3 pin fans? does it effect the voltage?
7. I was under the impression that full pwm would create less waste heat? is that right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »phoenix_rising« (31. Januar 2014, 12:46)

Bigger or Smaller fans?!

Freitag, 31. Januar 2014, 12:52

Lastly... And this is a tough one... based on cooling a wooden cupboard with the following dimensiosn:

H 45cm / W 70cm / D 45cm and two cupboard doors at the front with about 3-4mm of space all the way round the doors what size fans would be optimal?

What would be better?

a) 2 fans x 140mm) /18db(a) / 80cfm / 900rpm --> [[meaning 21db(a) / 160cfm / 900rpm ]]

or

b) 1 fan x 250mm / 21db(a) / 155cfm / 700rpm

I dont know enough about aero dynamics! but i was concerned that a LARGER FAN at LOWER RPM wouldn't be able to exhaust out as much air from a practically sealed cabinet if there was a lack of intake air due to there being 2 cupboard doors with 3mm clearance all the way round/. I was assuming that a high RPM would create more suction to draw air out? ANY INFO WOULD BE AWESOME! It's a hard thing to clarify on the net!

Samstag, 1. Februar 2014, 09:07

4 may have to have one custom built

5 i am asking one of my buddies

6 you can daisy chain them, there may be a small effect on voltage which would grow with the cheaper fan controllers but the aquaero 6 can handle 20 fans per channel i do not know what the aq5 can do

7 you are right pwm would however with the aq6 it becomes a non issue with the aq5 you would only have the one channel

new question

i would worry more about static pressure then CFM and static pressure is not a given figure there is a chart that 99% of manufactures never take the time to do.

any good watercooling fan would work and if it is good for a rad then any size would work ( noctura, gentle typhoons, to name a few.) if you are looking for silence then more fans are key although i would say i would stick to 120mm or 140mm but the 200mm are more quiet but they tend to have poor static pressure

Samstag, 1. Februar 2014, 18:44

Thanks so much for these replies buddy you've confirmed a lot of what i thought.. (which is helpful!) Just to conclude..

4 may have to have one custom built --> i'm hoping there's something on the market "SOMEWHERE" i'll post if i find anything! :)

5 i am asking one of my buddies --> If you can link me to something i'd be eternally in your debt... it would be incredibly helpful!

6 you can daisy chain them, there may be a small effect on voltage which would grow with the cheaper fan controllers but the aquaero 6 can handle 20 fans per channel i do not know what the aq5 can do... --> My biggest fear is having to run NON-PWM fans at LOW RPM for LONG periods of time which I'm assuming would create a lot of excessive heat... so i might need to sell up i suppose and move to the Aquaero 6 to keep them PWM can someone confirm whether PWM fans will produce significantly LESS heat than 3 pin fans at LOW RPM for long periods of time?

7 you are right pwm would however with the aq6 it becomes a non issue with the aq5 you would only have the one channel -> Yeah, 1 channels not cut it, gonna have to move to the AQ6 if running 10-12 fans on NON PWM 3 pins is going to create too much heat at LOW RPM.

new question

i would worry more about static pressure then CFM and static pressure is not a given figure there is a chart that 99% of manufactures never take the time to do.

any good watercooling fan would work and if it is good for a rad then any size would work ( noctura, gentle typhoons, to name a few.) if you are looking for silence then more fans are key although i would say i would stick to 120mm or 140mm but the 200mm are more quiet but they tend to have poor static pressure --> This is what i was thinking... Do you have any good suggestions for strong static pressure fans? I'll post a few links to fans i was entertaining and see what you think? like you said it's a hard thing to know unless they post this figure!

Phanteks PH-F140HP 140mm

140mm / + LEDS! / PWM / WHITE / 88.6cfm / 1550rpm /19db / £10.97

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/140mm-pha…mier-cooler-fan

14cm white LED fan with PWM speed control from Enermax - UCCL14

140mm / PWM / WHITE / SNAP OFF BLADES / 39.48cfm - 86.07cfm / 1400rpm / 9 - 17db

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/140mm-ene…achable-batwing

be quiet! Shadow Wings 140mm PWM BL027 Quiet Case/CPU Fan PWM

140mm / PWM / BLACK / 200,000hrs / 60.4CFM / 18.4db / 1000rpm £12.94

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/140mm-be-…se-100-184-db(a)

BONUS QUESTION!!!!

If all my gear (PS3/XBOX/Amp/Server/PC etc was lying on the bottom of the cabinet... Where would you think the MOST EFFECIENT place to mount the fans in the back of the cupboard would be? Top? Middle? or bottom where the device are blowing out hot air? I know hot air rises but I'm unsure as to whether it would be better to mount all fans low and catch and expel the air as it left the devices OR to mount the fans high as hot air rises to push the air out? Anyone got any opinions on it?

Anyone?

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2014, 13:28

Anyone?