• 25.04.2024, 14:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Inline Temp Sensor Weird?

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2014, 19:58

Hi

I recent purchased an Aquaero 6 XT controller along with 3 x Inline Temperature Sensors.

I bought them from this online shop (relevant product seen here too): http://www.candccentral.co.uk/aquacomput…d-aquaduct.html

I have it set up so that Sensor 1 is Radiator In, Sensor 2 is Radiator Out and Sensor 3 was supposed to be Reservoir In.

However I have run into a bit of a problem, Sensors 1 and 2 are fine reporting normal expected temps, in the menus I can access the sensors, change their names etc.

Sensor 3 however is a bit weird
?(?

It keeps reporting the temperature at around -44 celcius, furthermore it does not appear in the Aquaero Menus both on the controller and software, I have attached a different temperature sensor to it (one of the ones supplied) and it shows normal operating temperatures.

Also if I grab and hold the Reservoirs Temp sensor i can see the temperature increase going from -44 to about -40 so it is working but what the hell is wrong with it?
:cursing:

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2014, 21:55

There should be an offset or calibration that you can make to the reading.

It definitely sounds like you have a bad sensor.

With a known good and the suspected bad sensor at the same temperatures (let them sit on the workbench for about 10 minutes), measure the resistance of both sensors. I'll bet that the erroneous sensor has nowhere near the same resistance as the good one.

This will eliminate any problem in the Aquaero, but you've already done this by placing one of the supplied sensors on that input.

Sounds like it's time for an RMA or return of the defective sensor.

RodeoGeorge

Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014, 12:28

Urgh I thought so.

Now have to get a replacement temp sensor not to mention draining, refitting the new sensor, filling and leak testing the computer again.

I might add that because of the way the sensor is made it is very difficult to screw into things easily without using tools. Made in Germany but German thinking it isn't (ps most things from Germany are good though and build quality from Aqua Computers always looks better).

Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014, 20:55

Hi Shizbazki,

If you can byte the bullet and just buy another sensor without RMAing this one, you could replace it without dismantling the loop. From what I remember (check), it is just a normal temperature sensor held in place by the plastic ring. You can take out the old one and insert a new one without removing the whole thing from the loop.

Actually, you can replace it with a sensor you may have gotten with your MB.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (6. Februar 2014, 21:05)

Freitag, 7. Februar 2014, 11:38

Hi Shizbazki,

If you can byte the bullet and just buy another sensor without RMAing this one, you could replace it without dismantling the loop. From what I remember (check), it is just a normal temperature sensor held in place by the plastic ring. You can take out the old one and insert a new one without removing the whole thing from the loop.

Actually, you can replace it with a sensor you may have gotten with your MB.

Kind regards,
Boris.

This is right. You can just swap over the standard sensor into the inline sensor fitting. This is the Aquacomputer sensor.

Freitag, 7. Februar 2014, 18:05

Cheers all i never knew it was like that, i will have a look to see if i can replace it with on of the supplied temp sensors, just a lst question how easy is it to remove the plastic jacket before i go rummaging around my reservoir.