• 24.04.2024, 00:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Pump and Aqualis Reservoir confusion??

Samstag, 8. Februar 2014, 02:34

Hi

I plan to change my old DDC pump (which has served over 7 years) to the Aquacomputer D5 USB Aquabus etc pump, this pump will be connected to my Aquaero 6 XT for full pump control :)

I also want to replace my ageing 250mm tube reservoir as its starting to show its age too.

I have been looking intently at the Aqualis Range of reservoirs and i am very interested in them especially the fountain effect is what draws me to them however this is where my confusion comes in, please excuse me if i have missed something out as it appears that the fountain effect tubes connector is in the centre such as this one: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3088

According to the Aqualis reservoir specs, in order to get the fountain effect to work you need the fluid return line to connect to the centre pipe, so that connection is in the middle of the reservoir, so far so good.

In order to attach the D5 you need a D5 top such as this one: http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2925 but the centre hole looks like the inlet for the D5 pump
?(
how the hell is the fountain effect gonna work if the central hole is the inlet for the pump unless some how in that D5 adapter top is screws around to the centre to make it so that the pump pushes water up the tube.

Also i have been reading from this forum thread http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/showt…ll-Level-Sensor as it is quite informative but now another question springs to mind, ok water goes in via the tube up the centre but hang on, how does it get out?

What am i not seeing (its probably obvious and i am very tired (its 1am here))

Samstag, 8. Februar 2014, 02:39

Hahaha

Ignore my last post lol i have been confusing the Aqualis reservoirs that have with and without fountain effect

Samstag, 8. Februar 2014, 10:14

NOPE

Still confused, sorry if this is lots of posts but I am still a bit confused.

Put simply how does water get into the reservoir and then into the pump as all pictures seem to show that they both share the same inlet?

How does it go loop-> reservoir->pump->loop as there only appears to be one entry point for the reservoir? But no exit point from it?

Sorry if this doesn't sound clear enough if needed I will post pictures of what I have seen to try and explain the point but ACs German to Engrish shop and lack of diagrams in the manuals dont make it clear enough.

Samstag, 8. Februar 2014, 12:15

Hi Shizbazki,

I don't know the answer to your question, since I am using the reservoir in it's standard configuration, I just want to let you know that you should not really count on the fountain effect too much. D5 needs to run at close to full speed to really make it look nice.

When the return line is connected to the middle port, the water goes through the brass tube and comes out at the top through, I think 8, nozzles.

Anyway, I can only recommend the reservoir. The glass really seems tough, integrated level sensor is great and the base has holes for LED lighting if that is your thing.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Trying to understand Aqualis Reservoir with D5 Pump top

Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014, 01:45

Firstly, thanks for all your help so far Boris, especially on the in line temp sensor thing i asked a few days ago.
Ok trying to make myself as clear as possible here.

Above shows an Aqualis Reservoir with fountain effect (tell me if its the wrong one), i have annotated it to be as clear as possible, so how does the water come out of the central hole where the D5 sucks water from? It appears to connect to the central brass pipe so techically water rushing it would split between the pump and the pipe.

So there are two small drainage holes at the bottom, but if they are connected to the central inlet port then water will rush in from the bottom and top going no where whilst some will go to the pump causing water in the reservoir to stagnate.

So here is where the Aqualis Reservoir attaches to the D5 top, middle hole left open, right hand (nearest the edge) is plugged right?

The D5 pump should receive its water down the middle hole (red) whilst the side inlet (green) should be plugged up, one thing i am clear about is that the pump throws the water out at blue line

The only way i see this working is if it works like below:

Essentially water goes into the central inlet port which is directly connected to the brass pipe, NOTHING ELSE. Water goes up the pipe and sprouts out fountain effect down, the water then drains down the two holes on either side of the pipe, as it drains down both drainage holes meet in the middle WITHOUT touching water just entering the central inlet port. This drained water then goes on to the pump. I have done a very crude sketch in MS PAINT as well to try and convey what i mean happens inside. Basically water sprouts from the top into the drainage holes (blue circles) which meet up underneath the central inlet pipe.

Frankly will this
Reservoir: Aqualis base for pump adapters 450 ml with fountain effect and nano coating

Fit this
Pump base:

With
This pump:

And give me:
a) The fountain effect in the reservoir?
b) full control over the pump using an Aquaero 6 XT (i think this will be fine so long as i get the right cables)

Sorry if this thread is longer winded than normal but the fact is that no one really explains how the fountain effect works with which ports clearly enough, AC only Youtube video of the Aqualis Reservoir with fountain effect is a) very poorly lit (since they are trying to show off the LED light), b)only shows someone filling it, c) is very short, d) not very informative other than LOOK IT WORKS and e) only shows one example of the Aqualis reservoir in action rather than the whole range.

I wouldn't normally ask this many questions but all the above kit costs a substantial amount of cash and i would like to get it right first time rather than RMAing stuff back and forth.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shizbazki« (9. Februar 2014, 01:57)

Montag, 10. Februar 2014, 15:49

Anyone able to shed some light on this please :(

Siopao

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 00:45

Hi there! I understand your confusion as it took me a while to figure it out myself.

I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I can take some photos for you to help explain how it works. But to answer your question, yes those parts you listed are the same parts I have in my system and it works just fine with the 6 XT.

Correction, I actually have the pump top adapter with the fill level sensor. But it is pretty much the same thing. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2926

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Siopao« (12. Februar 2014, 00:48)

Siopao

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 03:47

Here is a photo under the base for the pump adapter. You can see here the opening to the reservoir.

This is a photo of the pump top adapter that holds the D5 pump. You would just need to plug the hole I have plugged here.

This is with both the res base and the pump top adapter. I didn't bolt them together but you get the idea. You need to just plug the IN port on the D5 pump top and use the top inlet. You can use the normal OUT port on the aqualis D5 pump adapter.

Hope this helps out!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Siopao« (12. Februar 2014, 03:52)

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 03:52

Hi

Finally thanks for your help, in trying to explain things

So let me get this right.

In the third photo the water enters the top port above the tops IN port (blocked off with silver plug), water goes up fountain pipe and cascades down into a hole at the bottom of the reservoir which then goes into the pump which then kicks it out the out port.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shizbazki« (12. Februar 2014, 03:55)

Siopao

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 15:26

Exactly! :thumbup:

It is quite a bit confusing without having the items in your hand. Heck, even after I had them, I still had to look at it for a bit to make sure which hole to plug up. But I put it all together and set up a test loop to make sure and it was running just fine!

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014, 17:40

Exactly! :thumbup:

It is quite a bit confusing without having the items in your hand. Heck, even after I had them, I still had to look at it for a bit to make sure which hole to plug up. But I put it all together and set up a test loop to make sure and it was running just fine!
OMG!!! Thank You, i will be ordering this stuff soon and you have saved me a lot of worry :D