• 19.04.2024, 09:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Siopao

Bubbles/micro bubbles in my reservoir and line

Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014, 19:40

Hello everyone!

I have the Aqualis base for pump adapters 450ml with fountain effect. http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2944

This is a very nice reservoir, but I can't seem to get rid of the bubbles in there. I'm assuming that it is because of the waterfall effect. The bubbles in the reservoir don't really bother me, but I was looking closer at my cooling loop and I can see little micro bubbles moving through the loop. If I look closely at the base where the inlet is of the reservoir, I can see these little micro bubbles going into the inlet. I tried filling the reservoir pretty close to the top to see if this would help, but there are still bubbles moving through the loop.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are these micro bubbles hurting my cooling efficiency?
I'm thinking if I can't get rid of these bubbles that I may have to just skip the waterfall effect all together.

Thank you all in advance!

Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014, 20:33

Hi Siopao,

There is an acrylic plate near the bottom of the reservoir that should prevent most if not all of the air bubbles from getting sucked in by the pump.

Maybe reduce the speed of the pump a bit and see if it helps? I have two D5's in series (mostly for redundancy) and with them running at 40% the fountain effect is hardly causing any disturbance at all.

Maybe another part of your loop, like a radiator or a block is not completely air free as well, and is the cause of the micro bubbles you see going through. Depending on the complexity of the loop it can be hard work to deaerate it.

Is your reservoir completely sealed? Maybe there is a tiny leak somewhere and it is ingesting some air that way?

In the end, tiny bubbles can also be caused by cavitation in the loop itself (like from a pump). You can hear this as sort of a crackling noise.

If they are tiny I would not really get worried about them, I think you're fine as long as you don't have big pockets of air in your loop.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Siopao

Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014, 20:53

Thanks Boris!

I guess the bubbles stuck to the side of the reservoir really isn't an issue. I do see the acrylic plate at the bottom of the res and normally there is a huge air bubble stuck under it. I can tilt my case to get rid of most of the bubbles, but after time that bubble under the acrylic forms up again. Does this happen with your configuration?

I do have my D5 pump set at 100% right now because I just refilled the loop a couple days ago. But under normal operation at idle I have the pump only at 20% and under load at 90%.

I don't think my loop is too complex. It consists of a CPU block, GPU block, 2 UT60 360 radiators, AQ flow sensor, reservoir and pump.

The reservoir is sealed, but it does have the pressure equalization membrane up top as well.

Yeah, the bubbles moving through the loop are pretty damn small, I thought at first that they were dust particles.

Thanks again for your help!

Samstag, 1. März 2014, 22:47

I got interested and I tried running my pumps at a 100% to see what would happen. The fountain effect does produce a couple of bubbles here and there, as expected, but none of them go below the acrylic plate.

Also, there is no air bubble under the acrylic plate. It seems your pump is creating a lot of suction and emptying the part under the acrylic plate faster than it can refill itself. My D5's running at full speed don't create such an effect, but you have the pump attached directly to the reservoir so that may be the difference. Is it possible to reposition the acrylic plate a bit higher?

Anyway, I would run the pump at a slightly lower speed if you're happy with the flow. You'll lose the fountain effect for the most part but it's not that dramatic in the first place.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (1. März 2014, 22:54)

Sonntag, 2. März 2014, 12:20

I would add just a single drop of dish soap in your coolant. The soap will break the water's surface tension and loosen up all those stubborn micro bubbles. A single drop of dish soap won't cause any suds. And if it does, it will be minor and temporary.

In any case, I think your bubbles will eventually go away by themselves. But a drop of dish soap will greatly speed up the process.

Siopao

Montag, 3. März 2014, 16:01

Thank you Boris and Pepe!

I'll try and take a photo later on this week just so you guys can see what I'm seeing.
Yeah, I'm not sure about the bubble just hanging out under the acrylic plate. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to raise the plate up, perhaps some spacers of some sort. I think I will try running the pump around 80% and see what kind of deltas I get with that during gaming. I don't OC much, but if I do any stress testing then I'll just manually bump up my pump if I need to.

I'll try the drop of dish soap as well.

Thank again for your help!