• 19.04.2024, 04:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquastream XT overloading beQuiet Dark Power Pro 650w PSU causing cut-out and reboot.

Montag, 3. März 2014, 04:26

Hi everyone

Having a bit of a nightmare with my new build to say the least. Took a while to figure why my pc power was cutting out at random intervals. I have now discovered that if I hit the "Reset maximum pump speed" in aquasuite then this triggers the power cut out and reboot symptoms.

It would seem the pump is triggering the maximum power draw safety of my PSU causing it cut out. It have a beQuiet Dark Power Pro 650w PSU. The pump is on it's own modular adapter with no other devices. Surely that PSU ought to have enough juice ?!

Can anyone please tell me if they're ever seen anything similar and to avoid it/mitigate it please ?

Thanks
Tim

Serial number: 20752
Firmware: 1018
Boatloader: 103
Hardware: 105
Type: Ultra

Only Power and USB are connected, no fans or sensors. Problem also occurs when USB is disconnected.

Aquasuite currently tells me pump operating steadily at 4692rpm, 78.2hz, pulling 0.6/0.7 Amps.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tbduk75« (3. März 2014, 04:43)

Dienstag, 4. März 2014, 22:48

The molex cable has both 12v and 5v power available, it's limited by the wire size as the psu should be able to provide over 20 amps to the cable. Most psu's use 18ga wire and that should handle 8-10 amps, more than that it starts to get hot, connectors can be a issue sometimes, look for any corrosion on the pins. I can't see the pump pulling so much power to trip the PSU unless the pump is defective. If it trips from running the "Reset maximum pump speed" that sounds more software related but I don't know how it could overload the PSU.