• 25.04.2024, 20:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

mdsalas

problem with Aquaero 6 xt and relay 53047

Freitag, 14. März 2014, 18:31

I just got an Aquaero 6 xt and I am trying to connect the shutdown relay cable 53047. The problem I have is that the connector (the plug) for the relay cable
(see attached photo of relay) does not fit in the connector of the Aquaero 6 (see attached photo of Aquaero 6). Does anyone have a solution?
There are two cables going into the relay connector, one is purple, the other is black. The Aquaero pins are labeled NO, NC, COM. Does anyone
know to what pin the purple and black cables attach?
»mdsalas« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • relay.jpg
  • Aquaero6.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mdsalas« (14. März 2014, 19:19)

Freitag, 14. März 2014, 23:41

I think I've read somewhere that this cable is not compatible with the Aquaero 6, only the previous versions.

RE: problem with Aquaero 6 xt and relay 53047

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 00:31

I just got an Aquaero 6 xt and I am trying to connect the shutdown relay cable 53047. The problem I have is that the connector (the plug) for the relay cable
(see attached photo of relay) does not fit in the connector of the Aquaero 6 (see attached photo of Aquaero 6). Does anyone have a solution?
There are two cables going into the relay connector, one is purple, the other is black. The Aquaero pins are labeled NO, NC, COM. Does anyone
know to what pin the purple and black cables attach?

That 2 - pin connector fits the +5v Standby on the Aquaero 5. Probably not needed (IMO) anyway since the USB is normally powered up on most motherboards even when pc is off.

mdsalas

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 01:01

OK, so the 2-pin connector was used in the Aquaero 5 to connect to the standby plug. Since there is no standby plug in the Aquaero 6, I'm guessing that
the 2-pin connector is not used (???). How about the green cable? Do I have to cut that cable and use the 53080 plug to connect it to the relay in the Aquaero 6?

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 01:10

OK, so the 2-pin connector was used in the Aquaero 5 to connect to the standby plug. Since there is no standby plug in the Aquaero 6, I'm guessing that
the 2-pin connector is not used (???). How about the green cable? Do I have to cut that cable and use the 53080 plug to connect it to the relay in the Aquaero 6?

Yes, the wire that goes to pin 16 on the psu needs to be cut and wired to the relay plug. Search around the forum, there are several posts and diagrams.

The alternative way to shut down the pc on alarm is to wire the relay across the switch wires....this can be done right at the case switch (what I did, and usually closer to the Aquaero), or at the front panel header or really anywhere along the switch wires.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (15. März 2014, 01:11)

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 13:42

You need therelay plug it is available in 2 pin and 3 pin style. I've search for instructions on different ways of using this funchion and while I have found some info, none is really that clear on how to wire it up.

If non electron challenged member would do a short DIY on using the relay plug and also the reset switch it would benefit many users.

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 13:46

How to get ATX Break line working for the first time?

Use the 3 pin relay plug.
If you choose to wire the relay across the power switch, use relay pins 1 & 3, and under "Outputs" use the "event system" setting to trigger the relay on Alarm.
When the shutdown criteria is met (low flow/high temp, whatever) the relay will close across the power switch and shut down the computer......it's just like pressing and holding the power button in.

Of course you can also use the psu pin 16 method shown in the diagram I linked.

If you get stuck post up, we'll figure it out.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (15. März 2014, 14:00)

mdsalas

Samstag, 15. März 2014, 14:13

Thank you to all. :)

Dienstag, 18. März 2014, 13:55

Thanks for the links mandrix, I have the harness and connector, now I need to wire it in with out creating smoke.

mdsalas

Samstag, 22. März 2014, 14:58

How to get ATX Break line working for the first time?

Use the 3 pin relay plug.
If you choose to wire the relay across the power switch, use relay pins 1 & 3, and under "Outputs" use the "event system" setting to trigger the relay on Alarm.
When the shutdown criteria is met (low flow/high temp, whatever) the relay will close across the power switch and shut down the computer......it's just like pressing and holding the power button in.

Of course you can also use the psu pin 16 method shown in the diagram I linked.

If you get stuck post up, we'll figure it out.
Mandrix, I have the 24-pin relay cable connected using relay pins 1 & 3 as you suggested. Under Outputs ->"Switching outputs & relays" I have selected "Controlled by event system" (What does a threshold of 50% means??). Under Alarm configurations I have Aquastream XT for Data Source, Alarm enabled and in the options window I have it set to Alarm. Under Alarm actions, I have selected Relay: Switch for 10 s under Alarm.

My question is, If the pump stops running, is this going to shut down the computer???

Another question is, Under alarm configuration ->pump alarms->data source, it gives me two options, one is for
Aquastream XT 0.00
the other is for
Aquastream XT 2 1.00

I only have one Aquastream XT. Why do I get two choices???

Thank you in advance.

Samstag, 22. März 2014, 15:15

To shutdown on low flow, you must set up parameters under Alarm Configuration Flow Alarms, then under Alarm actions I use Switch Relay for 2s.
Leave the Relay threshold at 50% I was told.
You don't need to set anything up for pumps, you are trying to shut the computer down on low or no flow. This is all dependent on the output of your flow meter.
To test if the relay works, you can activate it by going to Outputs/Switching outputs and relays/ and selecting "on" I think will open the relay.

mdsalas

Samstag, 22. März 2014, 20:20

To shutdown on low flow, you must set up parameters under Alarm Configuration Flow Alarms, then under Alarm actions I use Switch Relay for 2s.
Leave the Relay threshold at 50% I was told.
You don't need to set anything up for pumps, you are trying to shut the computer down on low or no flow. This is all dependent on the output of your flow meter.
To test if the relay works, you can activate it by going to Outputs/Switching outputs and relays/ and selecting "on" I think will open the relay.
I did "Outputs/Switching outputs and relays/ and selecting "on"" by accident a while back and it sure turned the computer off. I'll try what you suggested above. Thanks again.
BTW, my flow meter is running at 4.75 to 5 L/min. :)

mdsalas

Samstag, 22. März 2014, 21:21

This is how I have it set up, see the 3 attached screen shots. Hope it will be helpful to others.
»mdsalas« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • alarmconf.png
  • outputs.png
  • alarmaction.png

Montag, 24. März 2014, 13:16

These may help users looking for wiring diagrams. These just use the relay plug and tap in to the power switch.
I'm going to use just the relay, not using the harness is one less piece inside the case. I'll try this today and see if I send out smoke signals.

The marking engraved on the AQ6 cooler block is incorrect, pins 1 & 2 are switched. I'll post the link for that info when I find it again.

Dienstag, 25. März 2014, 00:33

That's how I have mine wired except directly across the case switch since it's real close to the Aquaero. :thumbup:
Just thought I'd mention that some people have said that just using the Keyboard: Power Key command in Aquasuite/Alarm Actions will shut down the pc.......I've never tried it myself so I don't know.
Of course it would still have to be linked to flow/temp/ etc.