• 18.04.2024, 17:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New to Fan Controllers - purchased Aquaero 6 XT ... not sure what to do from here

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 17:25

Ok... the title kinda says it all. I purchased the Aquaero 6 XT. The instructions that I was told to download are definitely geared to those that have actually installed and used fan controllers before and not towards those that are first timers. My biggest frustration, at least at this point, is I have no clue where to put the temperature sensors, or better stated, how to properly install them. The manual doesn't actually give you a step-by-step on this.

Can someone point me in the direction as to where I can find actual step-by-step instructions on how to install this fan controller? I'm stuck in the predicament of either figuring this out, or returning it.

Thanks
~Kevin~
<><

Phanteks Enthoo Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD Vishera 8350 ASUS GTX 780Ti DCUIIOC 32 GB G.Skill 2133 9L RAM Corsair ax860i
EK Supremacy CPU Block EK FC Asus GTX 780Ti DCII Full block ( on the way :) ) EK D5 pump EK x3 150 res
420 Alphacool rad - 30mm 280 Alphacool rad - 60mm 280 Alphacool rad - 45mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM's Aquaero 6XT

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 17:56

You don't have a manual? Here's some pics: New: aquaero 6
Temperature sensors go on the bank of 8 pairs of connector pins. If you don't get a readout then the sensor connector is not oriented correctly .
"1" Indicates where the ground pin is located.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (3. April 2014, 18:01)

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 18:34

yes.. im sorry.. I have the "manual" and yes, it says what slot to connect them to.. HOWEVER... it doesn't tell me how / where to actually PUT the sensors.... great, they connect to the controller.. that's fantastic...but where do the sensors actually GO... :?:
~Kevin~
<><

Phanteks Enthoo Asus Crosshair V Formula Z AMD Vishera 8350 ASUS GTX 780Ti DCUIIOC 32 GB G.Skill 2133 9L RAM Corsair ax860i
EK Supremacy CPU Block EK FC Asus GTX 780Ti DCII Full block ( on the way :) ) EK D5 pump EK x3 150 res
420 Alphacool rad - 30mm 280 Alphacool rad - 60mm 280 Alphacool rad - 45mm Noctua NF-A14 PWM's Aquaero 6XT

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 19:23

Have to admit I've never been asked that before. What temperatures do you want to monitor? Only you can answer that.
But,I will tell you what I do.
I use "inline" water temp sensors to measure water temps, and I have several sensors on the side of my case that measure "ambient" temp. I control my fans and water pumps based on the Delta V of the ambient and water temperatures.... I do this by creating a virtual sensor inside Aquasuite.
Now...you could as easily measure water temperature by taping a sensor to one of the water cool fittings, or the same wherever you want to keep tabs on temperatures.

But the gist is, after a certain water temperature rise, I increase the speed of my water pumps and fans automagically based on the virtual Delta V temp sensor.

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 20:33

ah... ok.. see, i didn't know any of this. this is my first time :)

thank you for the explanation, and that makes more sense.

What i think you are telling me is, if i want to monitor the air temp in the case, that's really what the sensors are for, not for monitoring the cpu socket / core temps. And as far as monitoring the water temp, i'm assuming you are saying to tape them to the outside of the water tubing.. not inside, as i can't see how they wouldn't leak then.. lol

i know that this is my own bad as i was assuming that the high end fan controller would be using the sensors from the mother board to monitor and not separate sensors... again.. my bad for not originally researching beyond what i did.

thanks for your help. this is new territory for me.
~Kevin~
<><

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 20:35

Yep, I think you got the gist of it. :thumbup:
Don't feel bad about asking questions.....starting out with the Aquaero can be sort of challenging.

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 20:53

ah... ok.. see, i didn't know any of this. this is my first time :)

thank you for the explanation, and that makes more sense.

What i think you are telling me is, if i want to monitor the air temp in the case, that's really what the sensors are for, not for monitoring the cpu socket / core temps. And as far as monitoring the water temp, i'm assuming you are saying to tape them to the outside of the water tubing.. not inside, as i can't see how they wouldn't leak then.. lol

i know that this is my own bad as i was assuming that the high end fan controller would be using the sensors from the mother board to monitor and not separate sensors... again.. my bad for not originally researching beyond what i did.

thanks for your help. this is new territory for me.
I've done a couple of guides as regards the Aquaero 5 HERE (Much of which is applicable to the Aquaero 6 as regards to setting things up) there is a guide there in the Aquaero 5 section on how to set up the "Software Sensors" section which then gives you the means to control the fans e.t.c using certain third party MB monitoring program (Like Aida64 or OHM there is another but can't think of it now of the top of my head sorry) that is then read by the Aquaero so your then able to use the MB CPU, GPU & other temperature sensors from the MB. Give things a bit of read & I'm sure you'll soon pick it up... :)

Most of all... Enjoy it!!... Try not to get frustrated with it (it can be a steep learning curve) & if you have any problems or question there are many on here who can help if you get stuck :thumbsup:

N.

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 21:17

um... wow.. simple this is not.

ok.. first thing.. what's with the pwm plugs???? you cant plug pwm fans into those directly... so, just use splitters and use fan plugs 1-4? I do have Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans for all fans, total of 13... 6 on top 420 rad, 4 on bottom 280 rad, 2 on front 280 rad, and 1 rear exhaust.

and i think i will be able to figure out the software monitoring via Aida64... however, this is not a simple fan controller.. i think i may be in way over my head.

all i am trying to accomplish is simple fan monitoring/control, temp monitoring, and pump monitoring ( EK d5 x-top with d5 Vario pump ). Im not concerned about anything else.
~Kevin~
<><

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 21:47

um... wow.. simple this is not.

ok.. first thing.. what's with the pwm plugs???? you cant plug pwm fans into those directly... so, just use splitters and use fan plugs 1-4? I do have Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans for all fans, total of 13... 6 on top 420 rad, 4 on bottom 280 rad, 2 on front 280 rad, and 1 rear exhaust.

and i think i will be able to figure out the software monitoring via Aida64... however, this is not a simple fan controller.. i think i may be in way over my head.

all i am trying to accomplish is simple fan monitoring/control, temp monitoring, and pump monitoring ( EK d5 x-top with d5 Vario pump ). Im not concerned about anything else.
On the Aquaero 6 all it's 4 fan headers are PWM & also Voltage control.... You set the fans to PWM in the Fan Advanced Settings Menu screen... So yeh use fan spiltter cables to run a whole bank of fans e.t.c (remeber to make sure only one RPM signal cable goes through to the Aquaero...If all the fans are sending their RPM signal back to the Aquaero you'll get uneven speed reports & the numbers will be jumping all over the shop)....

Yep the 2 x PWM (the 2 pin ones) connectors are NOT for fans there for just say...ummm..... A strip of LED's & you can control the brightness via the power outlet from the Aquasuite software under the Aquaero menu...

Your right I guess on the "this is not a simple fan controller"... It is much more than this if you want it tobe..... But then again once you get to playing with it & begin to get your head around it..... It can also just be a fairly simple fan controller provided you take one step at a time :)

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (3. April 2014, 21:48)

Donnerstag, 3. April 2014, 23:46

ok. cool. sounds like a good starting point.

when you say i have to make sure only one set of rpms coming in.. what do you mean? if i use all 4 fan headers, with splitters, arent' they going to just "send in" the information as to what the rpms are at?

am i also correct that via aida64, i wont need to connect the temp sensors that come with the unit?
~Kevin~
<><

Freitag, 4. April 2014, 00:15

Some fan splitters are made correctly....and some aren't. I suggest you educate yourself a little on how fans are wired. For example, a pwm fan will have 4 wires....ground, positive, rpm, & pwm signal. A non-pwm fan will have 3 wires....ground, positive, and rpm.
If more than one rpm signal is fed to the circuitry of a fan controller (or motherboard, or any controlling device) the device becomes confused and can't determine the proper rpm. So, it's best that when a group of fans are connected together that they be identical or nearly so, and that the rpm wire is only connected to the controlling device from one fan in the group.
Often (but certainly not always) the rpm wire will be yellow.
You should visually trace the rpm wire from each fan to the controller and cut or remove all but one in a group.

I make all my own wiring harnesses and crimp the pins myself and I got started on it precisely because I got some crap wiring once that almost burned up a controller.

Temperatures from your motherboard and gpu's can be exported from AIDA to Aquasuite so it's just reading the information straight from the motherboard.....so no, you don't need any temp sensors for that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (4. April 2014, 00:16)

Freitag, 4. April 2014, 00:50

I'll try & explain this as simply as I can...... If you have a say a 360 RAD & you use 6 x 120 fans in push/pull, You'll want to control those fans as if they were one fan (all the same lets say) Now if your using PWM fans then there will be 4 wires going to the connector, One of those wires in each of those fans is relaying an RPM message back to the Aquaero... OK?........ So now multiply that by 6 (that's the full 6 fans) & you got 6 x RPM readings being sent along each of their RPM wires, If all those 6 signals go into a (One) Fan header on the Aquaero How will the Aquaero know which RPM speed is for which of the 6 fans??... The easy answer is it can't... So... You need to make sure only one of those 6 fans sends it's RPM signal to the Aquaero Fan header (In this way the Aquaero only gets the one clear RPM speed relayed to it) It doesn't really matter if the other fans are not sending their own individual signals as all the fans should be spinning at a similar speed (their all getting the same control instruction from the one Aquaero fan header)...

You just need to make sure that the splitters you buy, only has "ONE" of it's cables sending that one RPM signal back.... So If you buy say a 6 fan splitter it needs to have only "ONE" of the cables with the full 4 wires, This then connects to the Aquaero Fan Header sending back only the 1 clear RPM signal, You still have full control over all 6 fans as the PWM or power each fan is receiving is the same as their all connected to one fan header..

Have a look at this SPLITTER HERE ..... I know it's only a 3 fan splitter (couldn't find the 6 fan splitter) but it's the same principle... NOTICE!!!.. Only one of the cables has a little white label attached to it.. This tells you that this is the only cable that sends the full 4 wires worth of information including the RPM signal, The other two cable don't carry the RPM signal but do carry the the Power.Gnd & Control wires (for want of a better word)... Anyway this is the type of 4 pin PWM cable or 3 pin Standard Fan cable connector (as one of the 3 wires in a standard 3 pin fan cable would be present with the other two fan cables only holding two wires) you will need to get, you can connect multiple splitters if you need or want, you just need to make sure the correct wire that carries the RPM signal is connected & sent through any other splitters Via this one labelled Cabel and that the last cable that connects to the Aquaero also carries this RPM signal... (Youu'll need to Shop around to wherever is local to you to find a 6 or 8 fan splitter) same applies either way...

I hope you can understand what I'm saying :) ..

If you use Aida64 you don't have to use the temp sensors that come with the Aquaero.... But to be honest you'd be the first I know of that only uses the software sensors for the Monitoring of the temp sensors???... I'm not saying there isn't anyone out there that only uses the software sensors.. Just saying you'd be the first I knew off ;) ...

N.

Edit* mandrix beat me to it :thumbsup: ...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (4. April 2014, 00:52)

Freitag, 4. April 2014, 00:58

awesome! ok.. so, i'll check the splitters i purchased. makes total sense.

the only reason i was thinking of using Aida64 as my "temp monitor" is because i really dont have a clue where to put the sensors.. lol... that's just being honest. reading about all the temperature adjustments makes me real nervous.
~Kevin~
<><

Freitag, 4. April 2014, 01:06

~Kevin~
<><

Freitag, 4. April 2014, 08:37

As was said by mandrix earlier you can tape the "blade Temp Sensors" that come with the Aquaero to the outside of your water loop fittings (they'll get a better & more accurate heat reading of the water temps from the metal of the fittings. Not the tube as this acts a little like insulation & to a degree will give maybe an incorrect actual temp of the water inside... Metal transfers heat better than plastic tube :) ).

Generally people put a Temp sensor on the water outlet of your CPU or GPU block (where the outlet is the hottest point of the loop) & a temp sensor on the Radiator outlet (where the water has passed through the Rad and is therefore at it's coolest point), most also have a temp sensor or two on the outside of your case (to give you your ambient "Room Tempt", some put sensors on the inside of the case somewhere that gives you a temp reading of heat inside the case (handy for then controlling airflow that goes through the case to the case exhaust fan & intake fan for those that like a good flow of air through a case). So you can put those blade temp sensors anywhere that you want really to monitor temps e.t.c...

I've not used those splitters that have the molex plug used for powering those cables you linked too, So not sure how effective they are in use with the Aquaero (but I'm assuming they'll be OK) I've only used the type that I linked too that draw their power from the Fan header their connected too (IE: they draw power from the Aquaero fan headers)...

If you look through my guides you should find a guide for setting up a curve control using Aida64 e.t.c.. It's the same process even if you use the blade temp sensors or inline temp sensors that go through the Aquaero's temperature sensor headers (1 to 8) just that the "Control Curve" you set up would use the water temps from the tapped sensors/inline sensors as their "Source Data". This is actually the better way to do it my opinion as by using the "Software sensors" (Aida64 CPU/GPU temps) the CPU or GPU core temps can fluctuate widely at times & fairly quickly, in so doing meaning your fans can also fluctuate up & down like a whores knickers, Whereas using the blade temp probes (be they the tapped or inline sensors) that are taking their readings from the water temp itself, which rises and falls at a more sedate rate & therefore give you a much smother curve of fans ramping up & down :).....

But go with the Aida64 set up first if you feel more comfortable going this route first off until you get the hang of how to set up the Aquaero e.t.c, Once you begin to understand how it works you can then make a Curve control using water temps that the bladed temp probes will give you later on if you wish....

As I said before... Take your time, don't try & rush things, Take time to read the various guides that are out there (even the AC Instruction manual which is actually quite a good guide although I think it could be made easier if they had put in some "screen shots" to take people through step by step, But non the less, the AC manual is a great improvement to what came before it ;) )...

N.

Samstag, 5. April 2014, 05:15

ok.. so.. my new Phanteks Enthoo case showed up today.. now, just waiting for my splitters to show up ( i only ordered them on the 3rd ) and then i'll start transfering my gear and going way overboard on my watercooling :D

time to put this... into my new phanteks..
~Kevin~
<><

Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 00:22

the Aquacomputer g 1/4 inline sensor isn't available in us.. and shipping from aquacomputer would cost me $50...

so, im looking at the phobya inlines or the monsoon inline sensors to use instead of the probes that come with the aquaero. does anyone have any experience with either of those being used with the 6 xt???

thanks

:)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kshafe777« (6. April 2014, 00:27)

~Kevin~
<><

Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 00:25

Yeah, I have one of the Phobya inline and a few Aquacomputer ones. They all use a 10K flat sensor lead that's wrapped around a metal fitting....so basically they just make the sensor install look cleaner vs. wrapping a sensor lead around an existing fitting.

Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 00:41

perfect.. thanks :thumbup:
~Kevin~
<><

Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 00:53

Went back and looked at the Monsoon and I think it's not the same as the Phobya.