• 23.04.2024, 23:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS 200, calibration? help

Sonntag, 6. April 2014, 16:39

hi guys, as I said in the title I need some help to calibrate the mps 200 flow sensor.

the preset can read just to 199 L/H.
how can I calibrate it to read more not loosing accuracy?

I also own a highflow flowsensor.

Montag, 7. April 2014, 15:28

You can change the pulse per minute setting.

11.4. Flow sensors
A name can be assigned to each flow sensor and for mechanical flow sensors,
a calibration value can be set. Calibration values for sensors sold by
Aqua Computer can conveniently be selected from a drop-down list, a user
defined value can be set for other flow sensor types.
Flow sensors models mps flow 100/200/400 and “high flow USB” have to
be configured using a direct USB connection to the PC before they can be
uses as aquabus expansion devices with an aquaero. For these types, the
“calibration value” defined in the aquaero will be ignored.
“Lower display limit” and “upper display limit” determine scaling of the flow
bar graph in the flow information page on the aquaero display only and do
not have any effect on sensor readings.

RE: MPS 200, calibration? help

Montag, 7. April 2014, 20:01

hi guys, as I said in the title I need some help to calibrate the mps 200 flow sensor.

the preset can read just to 199 L/H.
how can I calibrate it to read more not loosing accuracy?

I also own a highflow flowsensor.

Did you read the Specs of the MPS flow meters from the AC Shop before you ordered it??

"At the moment, three versions of the mps flow sensor are available that differ in range. Please select the sensor best fitting your system:

mps flow 100: Range approximately 20 - 100 liters per hour / 5 - 26 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53130)

mps flow 200: Range approximately 40 - 200 liters per hour / 11 - 53 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53131)

mps flow 400: Range approximately 80 - 400 liters per hour / 21 - 106 US liquid gallons per hour (Art. 53132)

"

It pretty clearly states on the AC Shop page the ranges of each MPS flow meter........ The clue is in their Naming or Titles what ever you want to call them ;) .... IE- MPS Flow sensor 100 will take up to 100l/ph the MPS Flow meter 200 gives you a MAX of 200L/ph & so on..... This does not apply to the "High Flow" sensors as they are good 40L/ph upto 1500L/ph...

So going from the AC specs your already at your flow meters range & anything above this is going to give you false & changing readings.....

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (7. April 2014, 20:02)

Dienstag, 8. April 2014, 11:40

What you need to do is look at the unscaled values in the sensor config window. The calibration curve of unscaled value to flow rate artificially limits the sensors range in some cases. I'm not sure if this is the case with the 200 though.

With both sensors connected increase flow till it reads 190 LPH on the high flow meter. Make a note of the unscaled value in the MPS flow config window.
Increase flow to 200 LPH on the high flow meter. Make a note of the unscaled value again.
Increase flow to say 220 LPH on the high flow. Make a note of unscaled value again.
If the Unscaled value increases on all three measurements then you should be able to edit the MPS calibration curve to read higher than 200 LPH. Just edit the config curve so that the unscaled vale you noted at 220 LPH is matched to that flow value. For maximum accuracy you should progress in the same way from your min flow rate to near max creating your own curve with multiple points on the way. Say maybe every 10 LPH reading on the high flow meter.

As another option a think I remember that MPS flow meters are only slightly different so it may be possible to convert your 200 model to a 400. Shoggy would be able to help with that if so.

Could you do me a favour and post a picture of the diameter of the inside of your meter?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (8. April 2014, 12:07)

Dienstag, 15. April 2014, 17:08

thank you Jakusonfire

thats all I was searching for.

interesting the thing about the possibilty to convert to 400. could you please explain me more?

Mittwoch, 16. April 2014, 07:06

Well, I've been trying to get someone from aquacomputer to answer this but it seems too hard. The difference between the models is either a different sensor or just a different diameter restriction inside the meter. If it is just the diameter it should be possible to just resize it and recalibrate it your self.

That was why I asked for a pic of the internals. Also a picture of the MPS board under the silver cover would help, the sensor should be labelled.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (16. April 2014, 07:08)