• 27.04.2024, 09:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 6 XT PWM Fan Control Expansion

Montag, 7. April 2014, 21:53

Hi,
I understand Aquaero 6 XT will run 4 PWM fan zones. I also understand Poweradjust 2 and the Aquaero 5 LT can be used to expand Aquaero 6 XT to 10 fan zones. Looking at both expansion devices, I am realizing no PWM capability. Is this correct?
TY, Troy

Montag, 7. April 2014, 23:01

Yup.. Only the AQ 6 has the all 4 fan headers that can be used as PWM & Voltage control, The AQ LT if left as Standard would give you a 1 x PWM or Volt + 3 Volt controlled fans, But both units would need to be used as separate devices (NOT Connected to a Main Aquaero unit via the Aquabus). If you use the AQ LT as slave device then you just get 4 x extra Volt controlled fan headers (the LT device looses it's 4th fan PWM function when it is flashed to be used as a slave device) and can be connected to a Main unit Aquaero 6 or 5 Via the high speed Aquabus and therefore is controlled through the main unit Aquaero Menu's...

The PA Devices also only support Volt control over it's one fan header & no PWM as you also noticed :) ...

N.

Dienstag, 8. April 2014, 02:55

Hi,

Thank you! Unfortunately, I've no Aquadrops to give you for your time nor do I even know what they are...

Dienstag, 8. April 2014, 10:57

Hi,

Thank you! Unfortunately, I've no Aquadrops to give you for your time nor do I even know what they are...
Haha :D Your not alone on the Aquadrops thing, I've been here for quite some time & I have no idea what their for either or how to use em ;)...

N.

Deema

Future add-ons

Montag, 12. Mai 2014, 12:46

Aquaero 6 fan controller is GREAT, and I want to help to make it better. So, I'm voting for these add-ons for the controller "base":

1. 4x or 8x PWM fan controller extension module, which could be connected via aquabus to main controller. It should include the mechanics to be mounted to the same 5.25" drive bay, in which the main controller resides (to keep all controlling hardware at the same place). And the ability to add the radiator plate, which already exists in the Aqua-family.

2. The 5.25" bay cable extender, to bring all fan / sensor / power connectors to more convenient place to attach. My case (Fractal Design) has no side windows at drive bays, thus all the cables must be attached prior to controller mount into the bay. And any changes / additions to sensors or fans require the controller extraction out of the case via front.