• 27.04.2024, 10:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

aioneru

6 fans per one channel using Aquaero 5

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 11:42

I'm going to use 6 of BeQuiet Silent Wings 2 fans for cooling my radiator in a push/pull configuration. I am wondering can they be all safely connected to one Aquaero 5 channel. Declared nominal current is 0,08 A per fan so that gives me a total of 0,48 A which is way less than 1,65 A limit per Aquaero 5 channel. What is bothering me that on the product website BeQuiet is also mentioning safety current along nominal current. Safety current is stated to be 0,2 A per fan which totals to 1,2 A. I belive it's the current surge durring fan startup only, right? Either way, most of the time (during CPU/GPUs idle) fans will be running on minimal speed (near 4 V). At low voltage the power regulator on Aquaero will get quite hot and I'm affraid it may switch to full voltage to cooldown. Anyone tried this many fans on one channel?

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 14:18

HI aioneru,

I'm running 8 Gentle Typhoons per channel and although they draw less current than your fans, I don't think you will run into any current limit problems.

Not sure about the thermals though, as I'm running a water block on my Aquaero. Martin tested the current and thermal limits in his preview of Aquaero 5 here, so you can take a look to get a general idea. Your fans are actually rated at 2.4W, so 6 fans would be similar with Martin's test of 15.3W.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dienstag, 19. August 2014, 15:16

Yes, its fine even with the smallest air heatsink. Startup draw is accounted for in the Aquaero's power ratings. Its not an issue.