• 25.04.2024, 03:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

preparing for Aquaero 6 Pro and PA3

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 09:46

have a few questions.. :?:

1) I recall having to use (legacy) aquasuite software 4.72.00 back then to change the channels on my PA2 (all 6 of them) via USB, then disconnect the USB and connect it via Aquabus to the Aquaero for it to be recognized properly.
(a) Will I be able to do this with the new aquasuite 2014 v2.3 and PA3? also will I have to connect them individually to the USB port first to configure them then disconnect afterwards? I am using multiple PA3

(2)I am moving from Aquaero 5 XT to Aquaero 6 Pro, will my old exported configs work with the new Aquaero 6? mainly the overview pages, I dont remember how I set those up to the way I like it right now, not really a big issue but would be nice and probably save me a lot of time.
(a) I probably should not import my old aquaero 5 xt settings into my new aquaero 6 pro right? I have all the channel names the way I like it and I dont recall which channel is which PA..
:D

(3) I have these items attached to my existing Aquaero 5 XT, will I be able to use them for new setup?
Aquacomputer Temperature Sensors (4)
Aquacomputer Flow sensor (2), it's the old one with the rotating wheel inside, not the new MPS one..
Aquacomputer D5 (dont remember the model but it's the USB MPS one)

(4) will my old PA2 bracket and faceplate fit the PA3?

(5) will my remote for Aquaero 5 XT work on my new Aquaero 6 Pro? do I need to do anything or it'll automatically sense it via the IR ?

whew... I think that's all, hope I'm not missing anything, Thanks.
:thumbup:

Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 15:04

1.) You can also change the aquabus ID numbers with the aquasuite 2014. That also works for the poweradjust 2. It do not matter if you change the numbers one by one or connect all devices at the same time to the PC.

2.) You can keep your config but you have to make sure that both devices use the same firmware version when you copy the configuration. Make sure to export it in the system tab.

The overview pages will not directly work. You can also save each page separately but you will have to reassign the data sources again because they are linked to the unique serial number of your aquaero. Otherwise it would not be possible to use several devices of the same type on one overview page.

3.) The aquaero 6 shares the same base with the aquaero 5 so there is no problem to keep your setup.

4.) Yes, they are compatible but only if you do not use the passive heatsink for the poweradjust 3.

5.) The remotes are always the same so you can exchange them between all aquaero devices.

Freitag, 19. September 2014, 17:41

4.) Yes, they are compatible but only if you do not use the passive heatsink for the poweradjust 3.

Hi Sven, Thanks for the info.. Just couple more questions.

Is there a faceplate/bracket in the works for use with the PA3 and the heatsinks? I already bought the heat sinks and installed them then realizing the screws don't work, only then came to the site product page showing that it was incompatible.. I had the PA2 faceplate for like 3 years already so that's just a error on my part..
:wacko:

I also remember somewhere mentioning that there will also be a waterblock for the AQ6 series heatsink, that's still in the works yes?

Thanks
:thumbup:

edit, it's pretty warm with out the heatsink, I had a PA2 die and replacing the entire Aquaero unit plus all the PA, mainly for the sake of better efficiency, currently showing on my PA2 32.7c @ 100%, while my PA3 is 41.8c @ 100%..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »frank anderson« (19. September 2014, 17:45)

Samstag, 20. September 2014, 15:46

Looks like everything worked out, I used some M3 spacers that I had laying around, its around 1mm thick, since the PA3 board is now pushed back a bit from the front plate, the light is not inside the hole, which worked out for the better as that blue LED light is OMG BRIGHT.... and I'm not exaggerating

I have used the spacers here, for those who has PA2 and wants to up to PA3..

Out with the OLD...

In with the new...

and a little something absolutely not thread related but hey, Its sexy and I want to show it off...

On a leaving note, the PA3 is much more efficient than the PA2, same load but my rig manages to pull about 50-75W less on idle..

Now I only have to wait for the water block before replacing my XT, since I dont want to break apart my loop as I still have the old water block installed... Help me out here Sven
:D

Samstag, 20. September 2014, 23:37

Hey Frank,

That is a mighty nice setup you got there. Also, good to know that the new PA's can work with the old faceplate, thanks for sharing.

I think I remember reading that they wont come out with a new water block for the AQ6 heatsink, as it basically does not need one. You can still use the AQ5 water block, as shown on the shop page.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Montag, 22. September 2014, 09:36

Is there a faceplate/bracket in the works for use with the PA3 and the heatsinks?

I also remember somewhere mentioning that there will also be a waterblock for the AQ6 series heatsink, that's still in the works yes?

Likely that there will be a compatible cover in the future but right now I have no date or even an idea when this could be available.

The aquaero 6 will not get a dedicated water block since it is pretty unnecessary. If you want to cool it by water you can add the aquaero 5 waterblock on top of the passive heatsink for the aquaero 6:

Montag, 22. September 2014, 16:18

oh snap.. I didnt know the waterblock fit on the heatsink, I assumed that the product page said incompatible with AQ6, that it wasnt compatible at all, never thought it'd be compatible after installing the heatsink..

Such a Noob I am... Thanks Guys :)