• 19.04.2024, 02:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

apw63

Hard reset Aquaero 6 pro, is this the correct steps?

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 16:31

Hello,

I've read the manual and searched the net. I've tried what troubleshooting steps I found. I still can not get my MPS devices to be recognized by the aquabus. I have 2 a MPS 400 flow meter and a MPS 40 level indicator. The 2 work perfect by usb but never appear in aquasuite under connected aquabus devices or anywhere else. I feel the only thing left is hard reset. I took these steps out of the manual and just want to verify I have it correct.

1. Shut down the PC and disconnect all cables from the aquaero except
the power supply.
2. Place jumpers on temperature sensor input 5, 6, 7 and 8.
3. Supply power to the aquaero and wait for approximately 60 seconds.
The device display will show information on the deletion process.
4. Shut down the power supply and remove the jumpers from the tempera-
ture sensor inputs.
5. Connect the USB port of the aquaero to the PC's motherboard and turn
the power supply on.
6. Start the aquasuite software and perform a firmware update.
7. Shut down the PC, reconnect all cables, then reboot the PC.

Thanks for any help.

Andy

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 16:58

Hi apw63,

Did you set a different aquabus address for all the MPS devices using aquasuite? And then set the communication priority to aquabus?

Hard reset procedure you outlined looks correct, but that is usually only used when something goes wrong during a firmware update. Did you reseting the aquaero to factory defaults from aquasuite?

Kind regards,
Boris.

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 17:02

You did not mention, but are you using a 4 pin cable between the MPS and the Aquaero.

The 4 pin cable is required to supply power to the MPS when the USB is not connected.

RodeoGeorge

apw63

Mittwoch, 24. September 2014, 17:53

Hi apw63,

Did you set a different aquabus address for all the MPS devices using aquasuite? And then set the communication priority to aquabus?

Hard reset procedure you outlined looks correct, but that is usually only used when something goes wrong during a firmware update. Did you reseting the aquaero to factory defaults from aquasuite?

Kind regards,
Boris.

Yes I did set different address for the 2 MPS units (12 & 13) and set the priority to aquabus. I have also multiable times reset the MPS and aquaero to factory defaults.

You did not mention, but are you using a 4 pin cable between the MPS and the Aquaero.

The 4 pin cable is required to supply power to the MPS when the USB is not connected.

RodeoGeorge

Yes using a 4 pin cable and a y splitter connected to the high side.

Thanks for the reply guys looking for any and all help with this.

Andy

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 06:57

The most of the aquabus problem result in:
* Wrong wiring
* Cable Problems (One or More Pins has no contact)
* Address problems (When one device has an wrong address, the complete bus is corrupted)

Normal a hard reset of aquaero is not needed. In the most cases its enough to do a factory reset from the device menu.

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 13:41

I have had the same problems with my MPS devices and with just enough complete power downs and windows restarting it always sorted itself out.

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 14:21

When you have a bus problem you have to check your hardware step by step and find out where is the problem.

1. only connect one aquabus device at the same time
2. check all cables an y-cables with a working device
3. connect all devices step by step and check if everything is working, when the bus is working, attach the next device

apw63

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 17:32

Thank you all for the troubleshooting help and ideas. :) I'll be troubleshooting these this weekend and I'll keep you all updated,

Andy

Donnerstag, 25. September 2014, 21:32

Another thing to check would be the bus length as well. Aquabus does not like overly long cables. If you have a monster case, that could be the problem.

Kind regards,
Boris.

apw63

Montag, 6. Oktober 2014, 01:54

Ok I was able to do some troubleshooting. Here is what I have found out. First I had the aquabus y cable one pin off on the high port., it is now attached correctly to all 4 pins. Now that would explane why I could not get any communication between MPS devices and the Aquaero. But this correction has not fixed my issues. I do get communication from the flow sensor. The flow sensor reports as a realtime clock under attached aquabus devices. I can not get the level sensor to report at all. So way is the flow sensor report as realtime clock? It only report when only attacted to the aquabus. If attached to both USB and bus nothing reports under attached devices. I tried switching the address and it still reports as realtime clock.

The y and cable length to each device is appropriately 12 inches total.

Any ideas or path forward before I ask for replacements?

Andy

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »apw63« (6. Oktober 2014, 01:55)

Montag, 6. Oktober 2014, 09:34

What happens if you connect only one of them to the aquabus?

apw63

Montag, 6. Oktober 2014, 13:43

What happens if you connect only one of them to the aquabus?

If I only connect the flow sensor it reports as a realtime clock. If I only connect the level indicator I get no communication.

Andy