• 18.04.2024, 05:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Passive Heatsink for Poweradjust 3

Samstag, 11. Oktober 2014, 17:53

I have a question regarding the Passive Heatsink that is available for the Poweradjust 3.
According to the description here,
this Heatsink should not fit when 3 poweradjusts 3.0 with heatsinks are going to be mounted in the Bezel set , either the balck or the white.

If you look here , where you can see the heatsink mounted on the poweradjust 3.0, and then look how 3 of them are going to get mounted in a Bezel Set, you would be tempted to say that they would fit.

Thats why i ask again, is it really so that the PA3.0 with Heatsink times 3 wont fit in the bezel ?
Because i would say that it does.
I just want to be sure before i order stuff.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 09:40

The poweradjusts can not be mounted to the cover when used with the passive heatsink.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 10:40

Thats just sad, but i can't still image why it wont fit !
just by looking at the pictures, i could bet my mommas ass that it would fit.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 11:46

You can make it work but not with the supplied screw set and we do not have the necessary parts.

Upcoming heatsinks will have the necessary modifications to be compatible.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 13:59

You can make it work but not with the supplied screw set and we do not have the necessary parts.

Upcoming heatsinks will have the necessary modifications to be compatible.

Thats what i was going to ask. Its probably a question of the length of the screws. Most definetly it could be done, with the proper screw lengths.
What diameter are the screws, ? Im going to have to look for the neccesary screws !
What upcoming heatsinks are you talking about ? Are you building some new heatsinks for the power adjust 3 ?
Just a question regarding the Poweradjust 3.
You see, a pump, the round one attached to the airplex radiator, the one thats supposed to be powered prom PC psu (therefore 12 V), it is being powered by a 4 pin MOLEX conector.
If i am to use one Poweradjust 3 to control the pump through the voltage, the pump wont be needing to be conected trough its supplied molex conector, but through the fan header on the power adjust, that will supply current, and thus voltage control capability ?
Or the pump gets connected through the molex, and then with the Poweradjust 3 through aquabus ?
Cause im trying to plan how much of these im going to be needing depending on how much pumps im going to get, either 2 or 4.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 15:39

The used screws have a M3 thread. The problem are the distance bolts since they have inner threads on both sides for the poweradjust 3.

Newer series of the heatsink will be modified so they can be used with the front.

When you want to control the D5 pump (non-USB!) with the poweradjust you have to connect its power to the poweradjust. The aquabus has nothing to do with it. The aquabus always means that an aquaero is the end point. There is no way that other devices can communicate with each other through aquabus.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 18:33

When can i expect the new series of heatsinks ?

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 22:57

When can i expect the new series of heatsinks ?
Because i need to know if i can place my order or if i can wait a bit ! Depends on when these new heatsinks are going to come to market. It its in 6 months, then ill get the current edition and will try to get the right screws.

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 09:02

There is no date available. Several weeks at least for sure.

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 17:46

There is no date available. Several weeks at least for sure.
Is that only a heatsink for a single controller, or a triple heatsink meant to fit three toghether ?

If you could make a triple heatsink, you could also make it as a block, then one could cool the three together with water.

Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2014, 08:48

There will be nothing new. It will look exactly like the the current block but with the necessary changes for the screws.

Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2014, 18:11

Will there be discreet changes to the design of the heatsink, or will the heatsink be exactly the same, only it will ship with proper screws ?
Or you will change the topology of the poweradjust as well ?

What happens if i will use a 2.65 A fan on a poweradjust without heatsink ? Will it handle it, or should i not try it ?

If only the heatsink will get modified, ill use the power adjust without sinks, and order them later on,
If the heatsink will not get modified, i will get it now, and just look for passing screws!
If the poweradjust will get modified as well to fit the new sinks, im fuck.ed !

Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014, 08:41

The passive heatsink will only get a modification on its mounting holes - that's it. No changes of the overall look and no changes on the poweradjust of course.

Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014, 13:14

Im looking to power some delta fans through de poweradjusts. I take it cqn handle any 12v dc fans so long as the load does not exceed 2.5 amp for the non heatsinked model or 3w for the heatsink model, right?

Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014, 13:33

(3A not 3W)

Yes, it works that way but keep in mind that pumps and fans can draw much more power when they spin up. A short peak is OK as long as it is not extremely high.

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 21:01

It looks like i finaly found the fan that will go with the poweradjust 2
2 Fans will go per controller for a total of 12.

The FAN in question is a DELTA AFB1212SHE-CF00.
On their website it is specified at 1.25Ampere per Fan so 2 per poweradjust should be no problem.

Then i saw the same fan here, It says 1.6 Ampere.
Normaly two of them per poweradjust is more than the 3A specified with the heatsink.

So which one is it ? 1.25 or 1.6 ?

Here it is also specified at 1.25Amp !

Then i looked on Deltas website, on the fans specifications sheet.
It can be found here !

Here it says:
Input Current 1.25A (Max 1.6A)
Operating Voltage 6 - 13.8

That means that regarding the voltage i can tune down its speed until 6 or 7 Volts to slow it down.
But what about current ? It will draw 1.25 or 1.6A ? I can"t understand !
Will it be a problem it 3.2A will be connected to a single poweradjust, in case it does draw 1.6 A ?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me !

Because if it is indeed 1.25, i can let it run even without heatsink, and wait the new sink that is mountable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (17. Oktober 2014, 21:15)

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 22:00

Maybe 1.6A is the peak when it spins up and 1.25A is the regular consumption. Well, we made the experience that these values provided by fan manufacturers are quite often pretty wrong so I would not trust these numbers too much.

The poweradjust can handle short peaks of up to 4.5A so that should be enough for these fans.

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 22:31

Maybe 1.6A is the peak when it spins up and 1.25A is the regular consumption. Well, we made the experience that these values provided by fan manufacturers are quite often pretty wrong so I would not trust these numbers too much.

The poweradjust can handle short peaks of up to 4.5A so that should be enough for these fans.

I would argue that Delta is not just any no name straping some blades on a rotor and call it fan. THey know their shieeeeeeeet !

The way a fan is beeing made is that the circuit within is in such a way build that it draws a certain amount of Amps (i imagine)
As far as i know, there is no way to personaly modify the amount of amps the fan is drawing, so the amount that is being drawn depends strictly on the fan hardware i would suppose.

ANy insight regarding this issue ?

The most important in the end is that 2 of these babies will work with one Poweradjust.

Freitag, 17. Oktober 2014, 23:02

Nobody here will be able to tell you if it works.

Samstag, 18. Oktober 2014, 01:28

I just talked to one of the guys from frozen cpu regarding the fan connectors and such.
He tested the fa with an ampermeter, and it drew 1.2A allthough on the fan itself is 1.6 stamped.
So i guys 2 of them for one poweradjust would be no problem what so ever !

PS> Just ordered 6 of them, in RED !

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (15. Februar 2015, 03:03)