• 25.04.2024, 06:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sp_i_ke

Aqaustream and Aquaero questions.

Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2014, 10:48

Hey,

Just ordered the essential parts of my new build. Now starting the definitive planning of my custom water loop. The component in my loop will be: EK Monoblock on an Asus Maximus VII Impact with an Intel 4790, EK Supremacy EVO on an Asus Rampage V Extreme with an Intel 5960 (or EK Monoblock, when released), 3x EVGA 980 Hydro copper (when released), 2x Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240 and 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360. I was planning to use an Aquastream XT as a Pump and an Aquaero 6 to control everything.

Got a ton of question, hopping for some useful answers:
- Was planning for 2 pumps, primarily because of redundancy? Or is a second pump advised with my loop? How would I place two pumps in my loop? In series one directly behind the other or should I put the second pump somewhere in the middle of my loop?
- Will the radiator space suffice or do I need more?
- Can I run both Pumps with one Aquaero 6? Also want to connect a flow-meter, watertemperturesensors, an Aqualis XT with waterlevelmeter and the still to be released lighting control part Shoggy hinted to in this thread.
- What kind of flowmeters and watertemperaturemeters can I connect to the Aquaero and/or Aquastream?
- Planning on using Corsair SP fans, should I get them with or without PWM-control?

Any other advice will also be genuinely welcomed

Thanks sPˊ!ˋKe

Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2014, 11:43

Using two pumps is OK because you have a pretty large loop here. When you connect them in series it will provide a better pressure while in a parallel connection it would provide a better flow rate. The position of each pump (in a serial setup) does not really matter. One pump should be connected to the reservoir since it helps to fill up the system easily.

The radiator setup will provide more than enough cooling performance.

You can connect everything to the aquaero. The aquastream pumps use the same aquabus ID number by default so you have to change it for one pump. This can be done in the system tab of the aquasuite when the pump is connected via USB. To connect everything you will also need some y-adapters for the aquabus port.

The aquaero can handle every flow sensor and temperature sensor that we offer. If you get a flow sensor with USB you also have to change the aquabus ID number because the aqualis with fill level sensor will use the same by default. These devices use the same controller board.

If the aquaero 6 is a part of your order you can go with the PWM controlled fans from Corsair. If you already own the aquaero it might depend on its age if this would be useful. The Corsair fans have some strange PWM handling and older revisions can only control about five of them per port. If you connect more fans the adjustable range will become smaller with each fan till all of them will run at full speed and can not be controlled anymore. With current devices this problem is gone. We did some small changes on the board to allow more of these Corsair fans to be controllable.

Sp_i_ke

Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014, 10:34

Thanks for the quick answers Shoggy. You're answers do however raise some new questions:

- I heard you shouldn't put two pumps in parallel because: when one would fail the water in the loop would take the path of lowest resistance, thus flow backwards through the failed pump, creating a very small loop and no water or a the most a small amount would still go through the blocks and radiators.
- What is more important an a loop? Pressure or flow rate.
- I already asked some of my questions in the German part of the forum, the only question that got answered was the one about the radiator amount, and there I was told my radiator setup would not suffice, because of the heat production of the 5960. Offcourse I already did some research myself, I red that the TDP of the Intel 5960x is 140 and the TDP of one GTX 980 is 165, which would contradict with the comment there that the 5960 would give off more heat than three GTX 980s. Therefor I assumed the radiator amount would suffice. Who is right here?

Thanks sPˊ!ˋKe

Freitag, 31. Oktober 2014, 12:23

For the parallel or serial flow I only wanted to show the difference and not to recommend a specific one. In the end it will be up to your how you use them.

Your question if pressure or flow is better can not be really answered. It is like I would ask you if for a flash light the brightness or its runtime is more important - of course you would like to have both ;) Using a serial setup is more common and also easier to handle.

About the radiators: you can ask ten people and I promise you will get ten different answers here because everyone has a different point of view. It still say it will be more than enough cooling performance. In theory every component has its own radiator in your setup.

It is definitely wrong that this CPU will have a higher power consumption than three GTX 980 cards. That would be something about 450W... I guess you can tell for yourself how unrealistic that is.