• 16.04.2024, 22:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 Pro D5 interface requirement.

Sonntag, 2. November 2014, 12:50

Hello All,

I’ve researched the WEB for hours and come to the conclusion
that for a one-stop solution, you simply can’t better Aquacomputer control products.
The problem for me is that I can’t get to grips with how the components interface
and I clearly need the help of experts such as Shoggy, Sebastian and members of
this Forum.

Initially I envisage a single GPU loop with one EK-CoolStream
RAD XTX 480. I will add a second independent loop later for the CPU and MB
Water-blocks. I use Aida64 for system monitoring.

This is what I’d like to purchase with a view to expansion
later:

Aquaero 6 PRO [don’t need the
remote]

D5 pump motor with USB and Aquabus
interface. Duplicated for second loop.

Coolant temperature sensors, again will duplicate for second loop. I have Bitspower D5 pump tops and reservoirs.

My hope is to program the 6 Pro in such a way as to use the
coolant temperature to control the D5 speed and the radiator fans. Eventually for both loops.

Would anyone be available to give me some direction/guidance
on what I need to purchase to connect these devices and if what I’m suggesting
is even feasible ?

Programming via Aquasuite shouldn’t be too much of a
problem. Famous last words ………….

I also have extra Noctua case fans, all 4 pin PWM
controlled. I think I’m correct in saying that the Pro Console can handle these
independently by means of , ‘Y’ cables, Aida64 etc.

Thank you very much for any help can you provide.

Lyndon

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LJHAQUACOM« (2. November 2014, 12:51)

Sonntag, 2. November 2014, 14:16

Click here for a link to a similar thread that may help you a bit.

Sonntag, 2. November 2014, 18:22

Thanks InfoSeeker, this is very helpful. Seems I'm not the only one with this type of configuration question, after reading your link and other similar items in the Forum. Full credit to Aquacomputer on the h/w front as it backs up my assumption that it's the best out there but complex to configure without detailed knowledge.

I guess my next question would be: If I assume I have two D5's with the USB and Aquabus interface, what are the pros and cons of connecting via USB or the Aquabus interface, assuming both are actually powered via a PSU/Molex connection. I don't see any point in having both connections per pump, but could be wrong.

I will be using the Aquasuite s/w.

LJ.
Superb Forum this, glad I registered.

Montag, 3. November 2014, 01:49

I am not clear about the pros & cons of USB vs Aquabus, but assume the Aquabus interface better integrates with the Aquaero.

Both the USB and Aquabus may be connected simultaneously, but you must specify in the Aquasuite software which interface is controlling the pump.

Additionally, if I understand correctly, you must initially access the pumps via the USB connection to set unique addresses for the pumps, after which you can remove the USB and work exclusively with the Aquabus f you wish.

Disclosure: I am getting my Aquaero 6 PRO & pumps soon, so not having actually used them yet, may be incorrect on some items here.

Montag, 3. November 2014, 09:14

The pumps must be connected to the PSU anyway. They can not be powered by USB or aquabus.

Using USB allows full control over all settings but does not allow to change the speed automatically when the temperature changes. This requires the aquabus connection. The aquabus only allows to change the speed of the pump and to read the external temperature sensor (if connected).

As already mentioned by InfoSeeker: you have to change the aquabus ID number via USB for one pump.

Montag, 3. November 2014, 17:38

Shoggy & Infoseeker, thanks for your advice, very much appreciated. For me, the Aquabus connection is clearly the way to go !

Possibly a question for Shoggy:

All my fans are Noctura 4 pin PWM. Are there any know issues with connecting these with the Pro 6 ? I will be grouping together with ModMyToys PCB's, no more than 6 per Aquaero channel. Well within the scope of the console power wise, just wondered if there are know issues with speed regulation etc.

Thanks.

Dienstag, 4. November 2014, 07:51

You will be able to experiment with it yourself soon enough but, Controlling pump speed by water temp doesn't really offer any advantage and can actually be an annoyance.
D5 pumps are very quiet at certain speeds along their speed range and louder and more vibey at other points, depending mainly on how well the individual pump impeller was balanced at the factory. Its quite easy to find a fixed speed that gives good flow and is nice and smooth and quiet. Using dynamic control can mean that the pump transitions through the louder speeds and becomes far more noticeable.

Having easy control of pump speed does make it much easier to find the really quiet pump speeds though, no reaching into the case to give the D5 dial a slight tweak.

Dienstag, 4. November 2014, 09:12

All my fans are Noctura 4 pin PWM. Are there any know issues with connecting these with the Pro 6 ?

Well, I can only say I have not heard about problems with this fan but I can not tell for sure if they work flawlessly. So far the only known problematic fans are the PWM fans from Corsairs SP series.

Dienstag, 4. November 2014, 18:06

Thanks for your comment Shoggy, puts my mind at rest. All my fans are also < 12 months old so good to go I would think.

I guess what you are saying Jakusonfire, is yes, use the Aquabus connection but only to regulate the pump speed until a sweetspot is found, then hold it. If so, this sounds like good advice as Aida64 will still give me the GPU/CPU temp and the fans can still be regulated.

I have to say the members and content on this Forum are a cut above some of the other Forums I've experienced. Could be the technical nature of the product I guess.