• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Temperature Based Fan Control

Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, 02:35

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding out how to make the following work:

26°C - Set fan channel 1 to 1000RPM, 50% power, etc
36°C - Set fan channel 1 and 2 2000RPM, 100% power, etc.

I've tried this with the controllers setting, however I can't have a given data source be in more than one controller. Using the example above, I'm only able to set the fan speeds when the temperature is 26°C. I want to be able to have various power/speed settings for various temperatures, for specific components.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
nebj00la

Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, 07:24

When you use a aquaero you can use a curve controller for every fan.

Donnerstag, 13. November 2014, 23:20

My problem is that I've got multiple data sources I want to trigger from. For example, if the CPU goes over 28c, push the fans to 70%. If the GPU goes over 28c, push the fans to 80%. I can't do both, as once I've configured my group of fans with the "CPU" curve controller, I can't use the same group of fans in the "GPU" curve controller. Making it worse, you can only have one data source per curve controller.

The two groups of fans:

360 Rad. - 3x 120mm Fans
240 Rad - 2x 120mm Fans

There's got to be a way around this, right?

nebj00la

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »nebj00la« (13. November 2014, 23:34)

Freitag, 14. November 2014, 02:57

Take a look at the virtual temperature sensors. I do not believe you can set different percentages, but you can set multiple conditions that will trigger an increase.

RodeoGeorge

Freitag, 14. November 2014, 11:13

Do Not use CPU or GPU temp for fancontrole.

Freitag, 14. November 2014, 16:23

Do Not use CPU or GPU temp for fancontrole.
What do you recommend?

Freitag, 14. November 2014, 18:14

Watertemp. The CPU,GPU temps jumping all around the place according to the load. Approximately 15° in 2 second, idle to full and back.

Samstag, 15. November 2014, 14:37

Watertemp. The CPU,GPU temps jumping all around the place according to the load. Approximately 15° in 2 second, idle to full and back.
+1 to this. You can use a virtual sensor to combine CPU and GPU temp into one and use the 'highest temp' function so that if either temp climbs it activates the fan curve but as has been said it just leads to fans ramping up and down for no purpose. Water temps change slowly and the fans being controlled cool the water, if the water is still cool the fans speed up for nothing.
To get an easy water temp you can stick a standard flat sensor to a radiator or water fitting.

Also, a data source can totally be used in more than one controller. I use a single data source (a virtual sensor detecting air / water delta) for 3 different controllers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (15. November 2014, 14:46)

Samstag, 15. November 2014, 18:10

Another option, as I have done in my past three builds, is to place a temperature probe against the side of the CPU before installing the CPU Block.

The temperatures from this probe will be "ahead of the power curve" on increasing loop temperatures but the probe will lag any spontaneous increases.

RodeoGeorge