• 18.04.2024, 02:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 XT installation questions

Mittwoch, 19. November 2014, 22:02

hi,

I have an Aquaero 6 XT and I'm about to connect it to 6 fans, a D5 pump/base and a flowmeter. Since it's my first Aquaero I have some questions to make sure I don't mess up installing it. :)

Fans: I've got 2 rads with 3 fans, so 6 fans in total (for now) and I'd like to be able to control each rad on a channel on the controller. What is the best way to connect 3 fans to a channel? (Fans used are; Corsair AF120 LED, wiring has 3 cables.)

Pump: The pump I'm using is an AquaComp D5 with aquabus/usb. The pump is connected to a 880ml res with an adapter which has an aquabus/usb interface too.What is the best way to connect this to the controller? Is there use in connecting both the pump and adapter's aquabus interface to the controller?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Donnerstag, 20. November 2014, 09:17

For the fans you can just use normal 3-pin adapters to group them.

For the pump and reservoir you should get a 4-pin aquabus y-adapter an a 4-pin aquabus cable in addition. Both devices will be connected to the aquabus highspeed port on the aquaero. The cable allows you to use the fill level sensor without USB and even with USB it is recommend since it offer a more stabilized communication for some technical reasons. Please note that you have to use the USB cable for the reservoir at least one time anyway because the initial calibration can be done only this way. Besides this you also have to change the aquabus ID number of the reservoir in the system tab of the aquasuite software. Both devices use the same controller board and therefor use the same aquabus ID number by default. It is like a IP address in a network - they must be unique to get it working.

Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 10:47

Thanks for your reply Shoggy :) And sorry for my late response.

I've wired all the fans together and now I have 1 cable for each set of 3 fans. When I keep the RPM cable connected to all 3 fans, the aquaero shows 3 rpm numbers changing very fast. I assume because it;s getting input from all 3 fans at once. To avoid this I've disconnected the rpm wire on the 2nd and 3rd fan. So now the fans all get power from the Aquaero, but only 1 is 'reporting' it's rpm to the aquaero. Is this the correct way? Or can I somehow get all 3 fans showing the rpm on a single channel?

As for the pump/res. I haven't gotten to installing it yet (I'm still finishing the case first) but do I understand correctly that both the pump and the reservoir should be connected to the same port on the aquaero?

Mittwoch, 26. November 2014, 12:25

There is no way to combine the rpm values of the fans to one channel. You can only monitor one of them.

If the pump and reservoir have an quabus port you can connect both to the highspeed port of the aquaero. You will need a y-cable in this case and one of these devices must get another aquabus ID number. This number can be changed in the system tab of the aquasuite software when the device is connected via USB.