• 25.04.2024, 09:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

2 x PowerAdjust 3 (Ultra) use and Manual

Sonntag, 30. November 2014, 10:24

Hi Everyone,

I'm New to this forum but not to some AquaComputing products - rads mainly.

I'm looking at placing 2 x PowerAdjust 3 Ultra's (PA 3) together with each PA having 1 x swifttech MCP35x pump, temp sensor, flow meter, rad and case fans etc. A couple of questions if someone can help please:

1) a manual for the PA 3 as I can't seem to find one online so as to understand the hardware connector overview (what channel is for what).
2) Is my thinking right in terms of just having two PA 3's ONLY (no Aquaero) one to USB the other connected to its companion via Aquabus connector?
3) What Gotcha's should I look out besides the USB address assignment part of each PA?
4) Is it a maximum of 30 Watts per (fan) channel or 30 Watts for the entire set of channels combined (36 Watts with heat sink)?

Thank you for your help. :)

RE: 2 x PowerAdjust 3 (Ultra) use and Manual

Sonntag, 30. November 2014, 10:46

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking at placing 2 x PowerAdjust 3 Ultra's (PA 3) together with each PA having 1 x swifttech MCP35x pump, temp sensor, flow meter, rad and case fans etc. A couple of questions if someone can help please:

1) a manual for the PA 3 as I can't seem to find one online so as to understand the hardware connector overview (what channel is for what).
2) Is my thinking right in terms of just having two PA 3's ONLY (no Aquaero) one to USB the other connected to its companion via Aquabus connector?
3) What Gotcha's should I look out besides the USB address assignment part of each PA?
4) Is it a maximum of 30 Watts per (fan) channel or 30 Watts for the entire set of channels combined (36 Watts with heat sink)?

The Poweradjust 3 is exactly the same as the 2 except for internal changes so the manual is the same
http://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html?…sh_20130524.pdf

Poweradjust devices used without the Aquaero are standalone devices so each needs its USB connection. They don't connect to each other.

There is no USB address assignment, that is Aquabus addresses that only applies when used with an Aquaero

Poweradjust only have a single channel each, 30 watts.

I'm unsure how you intend to put a 35x pump and fans on each poweradjust if I understood that correctly. 35X pumps are PWM devices and poweradjust are voltage controllers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (30. November 2014, 10:48)

Sonntag, 30. November 2014, 11:29

Thanks Jakus for the quick reply,

I see now that the PA 3 only has one fan/pump channel (as per PA 2). The MCP35x is powered by the molex (to PSU) and has an CPU fan header (2 pins) to regulate its flow. Would this mean that the CPU (PWM) header should connect to an RPM out, assuming the ports and channels are similar to PA2? ('ill recheck).

If so, the power out can be left to fans only. Not sure what the DDC cable does for the MCP35x if it will work?

All in all it sounds like I need the AQ 5 LT to better manage the fans themselves in conjunction with an PA 3 - so long as the MCP35X can work with it.

Thanks.

Montag, 1. Dezember 2014, 03:35

Ok I think this may work...

MCP35X pumps should be able to run off the output fan channel using a molex to fan cable provided for DDC where the pumps power molex attaches to the molex adaptor. The PA 3 should be able to control the voltage of the pump via pin 2 on the fan channel and regulate the flow. The pumps RPM will be reported through the fan channel on pin 3 via the male fan connector on the DDC cable.

Each pump will reside on a separate PA 3 so the wattage capacity at 12V does not oversubscribe at boot time on the fan channel on the PA3 (or the 5 LT for that matter).

All fans can be monitored on the AQ 5 LT with the two attached PA3's

All comments welcome... :)

Mittwoch, 3. Dezember 2014, 22:44

MCP35X pumps should be able to run off the output fan channel using a molex to fan cable provided for DDC where the pumps power molex attaches to the molex adaptor. The PA 3 should be able to control the voltage of the pump via pin 2 on the fan channel and regulate the flow. The pumps RPM will be reported through the fan channel on pin 3 via the male fan connector on the DDC cable.

Each pump will reside on a separate PA 3 so the wattage capacity at 12V does not oversubscribe at boot time on the fan channel on the PA3 (or the 5 LT for that matter).

Like Jakusonfire said, the MCP35x are pwm controlled. Although you can satisfy the 12v power requirement with the PowerAdjust units, you could just as easily do that straight from the psu. Then you can use either your motherboard cpu fan header or some other pwm compatible signal to actually control the pump. In this case, the rpm and the pwm wires only should be connected to the fan header. If you control both pumps from a single header then only use the rpm wire from one of the pumps but combine the pwm signal from both.
Clear as mud? lol.
Now, if you actually have an Aquaero, then I would recommend using the pwm header from the Aquaero to control the pumps, and as I said use the psu to actually power them.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (3. Dezember 2014, 22:45)

Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, 15:04

Like Jakusonfire said, the MCP35x are pwm controlled. Although you can satisfy the 12v power requirement with the PowerAdjust units, you could just as easily do that straight from the psu. Then you can use either your motherboard cpu fan header or some other pwm compatible signal to actually control the pump. In this case, the rpm and the pwm wires only should be connected to the fan header. If you control both pumps from a single header then only use the rpm wire from one of the pumps but combine the pwm signal from both.
Clear as mud? lol.
Now, if you actually have an Aquaero, then I would recommend using the pwm header from the Aquaero to control the pumps, and as I said use the psu to actually power them.
Thanks Mandrix. Appreciate the help. :thumbup:

I would love it if Aquacomputer had produced an 6 LT version, but alas... ?(

The rig I have has a lot of fans so in my assessment of the total Amps/Watts I require exceeds the channel limitations on the 5 LT. So I will need to distribute the load across the 5 LT and PowerAdjust. Certainly the PowerAdjust can be used for fans especially a PA 3 as its output channel is rated at 30 Watts. The 5 LT is limited to 19.8 watts on any of the output channels. The MCP35X can require a significant power boost at start up (~54 watts) with a running max of 18 watts at 12V at highest flow. Granted the PWM channel on the 5 LT would be better used in this circumstance for at least 1 x pump (shame 2 x PWM's dont exist). No doubt the CPU fan header would be used for the CPU pump.

As you rightly elude too there are a number of options. Ideally the preference is to get the Aquero to manage the plumbing and it's monitoring. I'm also accounting for two different loop types one in parallel (GPU) and the other in series (CPU/other).

As part of the fun in building rigs is experimenting (as you know Mandrix). I'll test your method and other variations and see what suits the rig itself. The key is to have sufficient channel capacity.

Thanks again guys.. :thumbsup:

Samstag, 6. Dezember 2014, 15:41

Don't forget, if it fits in your plans that you can run both pumps pwm signal from the Fan 4 header as long as you wire it as I said....that is the way I have my MCP35x2 pumps wired which although combined are essentially still 2 separate pump motors.
Anyway, best of luck to you.

RE: RE: 2 x PowerAdjust 3 (Ultra) use and Manual

Samstag, 20. Dezember 2014, 05:15

Hi everyone, This is my first post in the forum. I actually own both the PA2 and the PA3 and I can tell you they are not the same. I actually came here looking for a PA3 manual as I lost mine and I can't read the German manual I found. I assure you there is a separate manual, I just can't seem to find it. I am trying to find the layouts as they have moved things around on the board and I can't figure out how to hook everything up. If you guys find a digital copy of the manual before I do please pm me.
Hi Everyone,

The Poweradjust 3 is exactly the same as the 2 except for internal changes so the manual is the same
http://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html?…sh_20130524.pdf

Poweradjust devices used without the Aquaero are standalone devices so each needs its USB connection. They don't connect to each other.

There is no USB address assignment, that is Aquabus addresses that only applies when used with an Aquaero

Poweradjust only have a single channel each, 30 watts.

I'm unsure how you intend to put a 35x pump and fans on each poweradjust if I understood that correctly. 35X pumps are PWM devices and poweradjust are voltage controllers.

Samstag, 20. Dezember 2014, 05:29

Oh, I found it. It appears that the only difference in the technical details is the higher power capacity. It also runs a LOT cooler. Here is a picture from the back cover with the technical specs so you can compare them to the PA2.
»Zen1« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • New Doc 3.pdf (645,24 kB - 492 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 21. April 2024, 19:05)

Samstag, 20. Dezember 2014, 14:14

Hi Zen,

Your manual seems a bit short. The English and German versions should have been in the same manual. The English section up front..No matter...

The PA3 Fan output header has a 2.5 Amp capacity @ 12V that's 30 Watts - Without the passive cooler block for the PA3. With the passive block its 3 Amps at 36 Watts.

Cheers.