• 20.04.2024, 03:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cenedd

Answered: Temperature sensor connection?

Freitag, 5. Dezember 2014, 12:57

I'm in the middle of a rebuild and have added an Aquaero 6, Aqualis reservoir and flow sensor. I cannot start anything up yet as my water loop is still not complete - waiting for yet more parts :cursing: - so I'm trying to connect and tidy the electrics until the parts arrive. Some of the things I want to monitor the temperature of are right next to the reservoir and flow sensor. Can I plug the temperature sensors into the temp header on one of these instead of running the cable all the way round to the Aquaero?
Will it act like just another temperature sensor or will it be tied to the reservoir? ie Will it monitor the South Bridge temperature or will it be called "Reservoir Temperature" because it is plugged into the reservoir?
I've read that if I shorten the wires on the temperature sensor - to make them tidier - they will no longer be accurate. Is this true?
Some of the temperature sensors I have are from a Scythe fan controller. Is there any way of knowing whether these will work? Is it safe to just try them? They are similar in style to the supplied sensors but the wires are different colours.
Many thanks,
Gareth

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Cenedd« (12. Dezember 2014, 17:20)

Sonntag, 7. Dezember 2014, 06:04

In the manual it says:

Zitat

8.4. Connector „temp“
Connector for a temperature sensor. Compatible sensors:
● Temperature sensor inline G1/4 (art. 53066)
● Temperature sensor inner/outer thread G1/4 (art. 53067)
● Temperature sensor plug&cool (art. 53025)
● Temperature sensor 70 cm (art. 53026)

I believe you can use any of the listed sensors and plug them in the flow sensor Temp connection. The temp info should then go to the aquaero via the 4 pin aquabus connector. If this is all true, you will find aquasuite to be very flexible and you should be able to rename the sensor to something which is more useful to you.

I am not a EE, but I do not think shortening the sensor wire length will have any noticeable impact on the readings. For calibration reasons and compatibility, you may want to stick with the approved sensors listed above.

Here is some homework for you.

Cenedd

Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 20:25

Thanks InfoSeeker. I've gone with the local attachment and I may try to shorten the wires once I know it works and, frankly, if I can be bothered. You know how it is, you start with all these ideals...
Many thanks,
Gareth

Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 20:38

The aquaero use NTC Sensors, NOT thermocouple sensors.

Cenedd

Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 20:45

Thanks Sebastian. The sensors I'm using are thermistors, I think it's just a question of whether they are all a standard voltage and resistance. Also, whether shortening the wire reduces the resitance enough to affect the reading.

Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2014, 20:49

The aquaero use 10K ntc sensors with a source voltage of 3.3V.
When you have long wires you can calibrate the sensors with an offset. But in the most cases it makes no significant difference. When you use long wires (> 2m) you have to adjust the offset until the sensor shows the correct temperature.