• 17.04.2024, 01:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

two different fans on one channel

Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014, 20:54

Hello,

I plan to use an aquaero 5 pro.

I will have one channel with only one fan, two channels with two same fans on each channel and ideally two different fans on the last channel. I will also connect a Laing DDC310 on a poweradjust 3.

Is it possible to use two different fans on one channel (one Corsair AF140 and one Corsair SP140)? ?(
On which one should I read the RPM?
Or is it better to buy another poweradjust to control those fans separatly?

Thanks.

Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014, 22:58

Ideally you have the same fan model on the same fan header. Although I'm testing two different vendor fans on the same fan header. However the two different fans I'm testing together have similar Amps, Voltage and ~RPMs.

If you want to keep the AF and SP together you will need to select the slower of the two (AF) on the RPM especially if its Amps are less. This restricts the SP fan. I would highly recommend select a fan that has the same specification (Amps, Voltage and RPMs) and that you consider the type of airflow you need.

Let me know how you go with the PowerAdjust and the Laing DDC. I'm doing something similar.

Cheers.

Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014, 23:21

Worth noting the Aquaero 5 fan headers can run up to 1.65 Amps @ 12V (19.8 Watts max per fan header channel). And that your AF fan runs at 0.1 amps. That means you can easily run more than 6 plus fans on that same header. The SP runs at 0.26 Amps @ 12V. Do the math to work out the number of fans remember though the startup of your system there is a boost in power to begin with so consider a reserve buffer. Of course a passive or water cooler on the Aquaero helps increase the Amps per header as well.

Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2014, 23:29

Thank you for the answer!
I know that's not a problem to have two fans on the same channel with the aquaero 5. The question was to have two different ones.

I will probably go for two same fans for now. This is for the front intake of my corsair obsidian 750d. The upper fan is behind the hdd so I was thinking to use a static pressure fan. But I will first try with the two original fans that came with the case.

Freitag, 19. Dezember 2014, 18:05

Of course it is possible to have different fans on the same channel. Its just that either one will be running faster than you want or one will be slower than you want.
As to which one to read RPM from ... that is of course completely up to you. Do you want to ensure they are both running at a minimum speed or both under a certain noise level.

Startup draw is already allowed for in the Aquaero power ratings as it is in all good quality fan controllers. It is only an instantaneous load so does not generate significant heat.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (19. Dezember 2014, 18:07)