• 28.04.2024, 05:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Will it work perfectly?

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 00:21

Hiya all, its my first LC system (IMO very ambitious) and i have some questions about Aquacomputer Aquaero etc. I have nic picture with everything and.. will it works 100%? I wanna control my pumps power via Aquaero. Also i wanna connect 8 120mm fans in two Aquaero slots. Look:

What do You think?

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 03:40

That looks correct and should work, with one comment... check the power requirements of your fans, there are limitations,
The quote below is from the aquaero 5/6 manual.
In order to run cooler, you may consider driving 2 fans per port using all 4 fan ports.
Good luck.

Zitat

4.3. Connector “Fan 1/2/3/4”
Voltage regulated fan outputs with speed signal processing. aquaero 5:
Maximum output power is 19.8 W (1.65 A at 12 V) for each channel. Max-
imum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring and will
decrease considerably at lower output voltages. In case an output amplifier
temperature rises to ca. 95 °C, the output is set to 100 % power. After cool-
ing down to ca. 70 °C, normal operation will resume. If the temperature ris-
es to ca. 100 °C, the output will be permanently disabled. To reactivate the
output, the aquaero (or the complete PC) has to be disconnected from
power for a short period of time.

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 14:34

Hi Wrendy,

Your fans they look like Corsairs. So if they are AF120's for argument sake they require a max of 0.13 amps @ 12V that would be 1.56 Watts. So for each fan deduct the total watts (e.g. 1.56) from the total of 19.8 Watts per fan channel. If you have 4 x Fans that s a total of 6.24 Watts it gives you a remainder of 13.56 Watts. Plenty of head room on the channel. There is a start up burst of power in the first 10 odd seconds although this should not be an issue given you have a buffer of 13.56 watts.

Pumps on the other hand use a lot more amps so I usually look to dedicate a complete fan channel to a Pump (if the power is being provided directly from the fan channel and not the PSU).

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 16:05

Looks got, you know if you do`t connect the D5 over USB you need a 4Pin Aquabus(not included) and for FW-Updats the USB connection is necessary. I would connect the D5 over USB, too.
The Connection cable for the Flow sensor is´t included also.
The frameless fans a pain in the ass to mount on radiatoren.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (3. Januar 2015, 16:21)

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 17:54

Zitat

Pumps on the other hand use a lot more amps so I usually look to dedicate a complete fan channel to a Pump (if the power is being provided directly from the fan channel and not the PSU).
The D5 pump should get it's power by plugging the red/black cable into a 4 pin Molex power connector from the PSU.

Zitat

if you do`t connect the D5 over USB you need a 4Pin Aquabus
This is true for the Flow and Level/Pressure sensors, but the D5 does not get power from the aquaero.
Regardless of MPS and/or USB connection, a 3 pin aquabus cable is sufficient as the 4th pin is ignored by the D5.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (3. Januar 2015, 17:59)

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 18:51

This is true for the Flow and Level/Pressure sensors, but the D5 does not get power from the aquaero.
Regardless of MPS and/or USB connection, a 3 pin aquabus cable is sufficient as the 4th pin is ignored by the D5.

Are you sure, i do´t think the controller runs without 5V.
Edit:I knew it 8.1-8.2

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (3. Januar 2015, 19:16)

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 20:19

Zitat

Are you sure, i do´t think the controller runs without 5V.
Edit:I knew it 8.1-8.2

This post explains it better. Also, the pump ships with the 3 pin aquabus cable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (3. Januar 2015, 20:33)

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 20:47

The manual say otherwise, but when it works.

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 21:06

Zitat

The manual say otherwise

Indeed, and the pump works fine with the four pin cable, it just ignores pin four.

I believe in order to keep the manual as terse as possible (and it is) AC did not expand on possibilities that don't impact operation.
My initial plan was to purchase 4 pin cables for everything MPS controlled for interchangeability, but then I noticed the pumps come with 3 pin cables, so I scratched two 4 pin cables from the order.

My comment was not intended to say 4 pin cables were incorrect, but that 4 pin cables were not needed for D5 pumps sans USB connection... they get power from the 4 pin Molex connector from the PSU.

Samstag, 3. Januar 2015, 22:18

I was quite sure the controller need 5V or the pump only go´s 100%. Who'd have thought the controller runs on 12-24V.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (3. Januar 2015, 22:59)

Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015, 05:16

I also thought my D5 needed the 4 pin aquabus cable for a long time til someone told me theirs didn't need it. I'm pretty sure the difference is that the D5 does not have a sensor on its control board that needs 5V. All the other mps devices have pressure sensors on their mps boards that need a 5V power supply.