• 24.04.2024, 02:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Connecting 6 PA to Aquaero 6 XT

Montag, 12. Januar 2015, 23:34

I somehow missed this bit of information..

How do i get to connect the whole 6 Poweradjusts to my Aquaero ?

I only got the possibility to connect the aquaero 6 XT directly to the motherboard header, and i need to somehow connect all 6 Poweradjusts directly to the Aquaaero.

pcRelic

Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015, 10:33

No need for "aquabus Y adaptor 3 pins" as PAs have two aquabus connectors. Just connect the 6 PAs in serial to the Aquaero via aquabus with the cables included with the PAs.

Photo

[img]http://public.dm2301.livefilestore.com/y2pO9IXfBYykEYx5BdMjEvzvb0A-HBgJ7mxJdWXaXJsk1oflUoTkJlT9exj57sXRqmiCLfE3edJPwUGgkxe8lTmer_UZ8UWg_OMsEvvFirUDhc/IMG_1162.jpg?rdrts=95765551[/img]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pcRelic« (13. Januar 2015, 10:35)

Dienstag, 13. Januar 2015, 22:02

So its basically a chain between all the products, using aquabus ports, and the aquaaero 6 with the usb ot the motherboard. Thanks for the photos and pdf, very helpfull.

Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015, 13:22

These are basically normal 3 pin fan conectors, right ?

Mittwoch, 14. Januar 2015, 18:41

These are basically normal 3 pin fan conectors, right ?

Yes they are identical to fan connectors.
Also don't forget to assign each PA a different bus address (50,51,52, etc).

Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2015, 05:15

Further to mandrix point. I would connect each of the PA's to a USB header to set the unique address (50,51,52 ...) first up and upgrade any firmware.

If you have enough USB headers I would leave the PA's on the USB and also connect them via the Aquabus connection in series. It makes the PA's more manageable. Test it on Aquasuite and you will see why.

Samstag, 17. Januar 2015, 11:30

I also need to add the 2 ''round pumps" the ones that are on the radiator with pump from airplex radiator series, to the aquabus.
Is that manageble, i ask because they have only one aquabus port.
Perhaps i can add one the the last aquabus port left free on the last poweradjust, and the second pump ia the usb fan header that remains free after one gets occupied by the AquaAero 6 XT (thats how i will connect it to the Computer)

Basically one would need to have 9 USB port free inside computer to connect 1Aquaero, 6 PA and 2 Pumps.
Perhaps there can be only USB connection for the AquaAero 6XT, through motherboard header, and everything else via Aquabus ?

Samstag, 17. Januar 2015, 11:38

Further to mandrix point. I would connect each of the PA's to a USB header to set the unique address (50,51,52 ...) first up and upgrade any firmware.

If you have enough USB headers I would leave the PA's on the USB and also connect them via the Aquabus connection in series. It makes the PA's more manageable. Test it on Aquasuite and you will see why.

I dont have so many header, and even if i would, they would be on the motherboard, and it would be a cable mess.

Its going to be anyways a cable mess as it is, since my build is overkill (just placed an order worth 650euro on ModDiY with different cabling connector an stuff, it is going to take some time cabling and routing all the stuff), and i would want, if it would be possible, to connect everthing through USB header the Aquaaero gets connected to the motherboard.

Samstag, 17. Januar 2015, 19:23

How do i set the USB unique adress ?

If you have lots of Stuff that need to go to the Aquabus, you can wire it all if you got enough Y connectors ?
Because it just hit me, i am going to also need to wire 2 flow sensors to the aquabus.

So basically, i am going to set it up like this, if it will work
Normal Y connector,
Chain 1: The 6 PA serial connectors
Chain 2 will be further split 4 way
Chain 2.1 Pump 1
Chain 2.2 Pump 2
Chain 2.3 Flow Sensor 1
Chains 2.4 Flow Sensor 2

Just lookin on the AquaAero Manual, and noticed the AquaAero also has a Flow Connector.
Is this where the Aquabus Connection from a Flow meter will go ?
If so, the following configuration could also be used, which will be easier to do.

4 Way Y Connector goes to the Aquabus port of AquaAero
Chain 1: The 6 PA serial connectors
Chain 2: Pump 1
Chain 3: Pump 2
Chain 4: Flow Sensor 1
Flow Sensor 2 goes to the Flow Connector of AquaAero.

Let me know what you think !

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 12:47

Here is how i plan to wire everything up. I hope you can see it good since the resolution of the file is pretty big.

1)The question that is to be raised is the following.

I quote from AquaAero 6 Manual

Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V. Outputs will be switched of if amplifier temperatures reach a critical level and will automatically be reactivated when cooled down. If an output current of 3 A is exceeded, the out put will be permanently disabled.

My AquaAero has the red HeatSink, and also the watercooling block.
As you can see from my diagram i have some fans groups that are exceeding 2.5Amp together. I suppose they will work, since it is no more than 3 Amp and the AquaAero is properly cooled.

But the small 40mm Delta Fans have an initial Current Draw of more than 3 Amp, allthough they are sucking continuosly less then 2.5 Amps
Will it work or not ?

2)The other question is if the Aquabus wiring i showed in the picture will work with the devices i plan to wire this way, or should i strive to connect them somehow through USB ?
Only the AquaAero will connect to Motherboard USB.

Also i want to say that i am planning to do the splitting using Wago Connectors.
Here is the normal Y-Type Splitter
https://eshop.wago.com/JPBC/0_5StartPage…D=WAGO01&zone=7
And here is the 4-Way Y Splitter

Will also be using these for wiring od the fans. Each wire will require its own connector.
They are going to be sticked with double addesive tape inside the case.

This is the version that can be used to extend wires, like i am probably going to need to extend the power wires of the radiator pump, they are going to get connected this way directly to the power supply.
»Bytales« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Big Picture.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (18. Januar 2015, 12:57)

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 01:26

Hi Bytales,

The Delta fans selected are extreme end are they really necessary. Do you require the CFM? If you rationalize the fans and exchange these Deltas for a lower Amp fan you can reduce the number of PAs.

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 12:04

Yes, they are extreme, yes i could reduce them, and the PA, but i allready got six PAs mounted, and i gotta fille em up with something that can proper load them. Besides, i want to hold the GM Titans under load at 25 Degrees.
Thats why its called Project Fill it UP.

The question that remains is whether the 4 smal Delta 40mm fans will be ok on a single Aquaero chanell.
And if the displayed Aquabus Splitting will work as intended. Or should i try to connect them through a USb hub ?

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 13:51

Aquabus is ok, you only need to connect the PA´s and MPS´s once on usb to set the Aquabusaddress and Update the firmware.
If the Delta 40mm to much you can combine two of the PWM and connect there Powersupply directly to the power-supply unit.

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 17:17

Aquabus is ok, you only need to connect the PA´s and MPS´s once on usb to set the Aquabusaddress and Update the firmware.
If the Delta 40mm to much you can combine two of the PWM and connect there Powersupply directly to the power-supply unit.

You can always connect fans to power Supply. But the whole point was to have it wired through AquaAero. Probably im going to have to look for some other fans, as the manual states that if the Amperage draw is more than 3 per Chanell it will shut off.

So the 2-Way Y and 4-Way Y Connection of the Aquabus as drawn will indeed work. Its good to know. Im still trying to figure out how i am going to wire 11 pieces of equipement on USB inside the case.

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 18:08

You can always connect fans to power Supply. But the whole point was to have it wired through AquaAero. Probably im going to have to look for some other fans, as the manual states that if the Amperage draw is more than 3 per Chanell it will shut off.

No, i mine get the PWM Signal from the AquaAero and 12Volt and Mass from the power Supply, then the only limit is the PWM Signal strength.

Zitat

So the 2-Way Y and 4-Way Y Connection of the Aquabus as drawn will indeed work. Its good to know.

It is a parallelbus, you put all parallel and it is ok, the PA´s are a line but the parallel wire, too.

Montag, 19. Januar 2015, 20:48

No, i mine get the PWM Signal from the AquaAero and 12Volt and Mass from the power Supply, then the only limit is the PWM Signal strength.

Zitat

So the 2-Way Y and 4-Way Y Connection of the Aquabus as drawn will indeed work. Its good to know.

It is a parallelbus, you put all parallel and it is ok, the PA´s are a line but the parallel wire, too.

Hmmm, i didnt thought of that !!!
Since the fan port on Aquaero 6 are all PWM, one could get away with connecting the power of the Fans to the PSU, and the PWM signal cable to the AquaAero, then it wouldnt draw power through the Fan Port of the AquaAero. Ahahahahaha, then you could connect higher power fans that exceed 3 Amp together directly to the PSU, and only the PWM signal cable to the AquaAero.

OMFG, why coulndt i have though of it in the first place. Now i can use the Delta Fans without a problem and for the last group all 3000 PWM fans, yupiii !

What came up new is that fact that i will be wanting to have all the stuff permanently connected through USB for configuration purposes, and i am now looking up into how i can make a cable with proper usb connector from the 5 port dupont usb pins all the stuff is equipped with. If not im going to be forced to use the NZXT internal USB hub. And in the end i might end up using it, i still need to create one such cable though as i am going to be forced to connect the aquaAero through a normal usb connector on the hub instead of from the header.

6 PA, 2 Flow Meters, 2 Pumps, will make for 5 double pin usb 2.0 headers.
Using 2 x NZXTs i will be getting exactly 5 pin groups free, since one will be used connecting the second hub to the first. Therefore the only way would be to connect the AquaAero to the normal USB connector on the hub.

Or create cables for each device, 11 in total and hook em up to a 12 port USB hub i must place inside.

Still thinking into what i should do.
I do believe using this cable,
http://www.moddiy.com/products/Shielded-…252d-Black.html
and this USB connector
http://www.moddiy.com/products/Gold-Plat…-Connector.html

and a 5 Pin Dupont Housing Connector one could create the required cables one would need to hook everything up to a HUB, would i be right ?

Dienstag, 20. Januar 2015, 22:05

Yes, they are extreme, yes i could reduce them, and the PA, but i allready got six PAs mounted, and i gotta fille em up with something that can proper load them. Besides, i want to hold the GM Titans under load at 25 Degrees.
Thats why its called Project Fill it UP.

The question that remains is whether the 4 smal Delta 40mm fans will be ok on a single Aquaero chanell.
And if the displayed Aquabus Splitting will work as intended. Or should i try to connect them through a USb hub ?

Now I understand what your trying to achieve. I'll subscribe to your build. :thumbup:

Certainly concur with EnigmaG. You may consider a power hub for the Deltas. Although its the noise with the fans at high RPM, assuming they are high thirties in dBA, could be a factor.

Mittwoch, 21. Januar 2015, 21:44

What do you mean by Power Hub ? Which Deltas do you mean !
Regarding the USB Connection to the Computer i think i might have found the solution
Through this adapter:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/produc…l-usb3-adapter/
im going to connect two of these:
http://www.hubgear.com/usbg-7u3ml.php
The Hubs will give me in total 14 USB slots, and since i will need 11, i will be left with 3 spare.
The hubs im going to stick with double Adhesive thape inside the case, their thickness is small enough to fit inthe back of the STH10 case.

And maybe i wont even need to power it, if im going to connect only the stuff from AquaComputer to them.
6 for PA, 2 for Pumps, 2 for Flowmeters, 1 for AquaAero.
1 for Bluetooth, 1 for Wireless Headset, and i still got one free just in case.

The only thing that remains is to make my own custom lenght USB cable with USB connector on one side and DUpont 5 pin connector on the other side.
Im ordering the required parts from ModDiY to be able to make my own custom lenght USB cable.

I could have used this one here for more USB slots,
http://www.hubgear.com/usb3-16u1.php
but it is beeing connected through only one USB cable, which means 16 ports thorugh a single usb cable. But i have 2, which means 7 port per cable instead of 16, it might even work without additional power.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2015, 13:43

What do you mean by Power Hub ? Which Deltas do you mean !
Regarding the USB Connection to the Computer i think i might have found the solution
Through this adapter:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/produc…l-usb3-adapter/
im going to connect two of these:
http://www.hubgear.com/usbg-7u3ml.php
The Hubs will give me in total 14 USB slots, and since i will need 11, i will be left with 3 spare.
The hubs im going to stick with double Adhesive thape inside the case, their thickness is small enough to fit inthe back of the STH10 case.

And maybe i wont even need to power it, if im going to connect only the stuff from AquaComputer to them.
6 for PA, 2 for Pumps, 2 for Flowmeters, 1 for AquaAero.
1 for Bluetooth, 1 for Wireless Headset, and i still got one free just in case.

The only thing that remains is to make my own custom lenght USB cable with USB connector on one side and DUpont 5 pin connector on the other side.
Im ordering the required parts from ModDiY to be able to make my own custom lenght USB cable.

I could have used this one here for more USB slots,
http://www.hubgear.com/usb3-16u1.php
but it is beeing connected through only one USB cable, which means 16 ports thorugh a single usb cable. But i have 2, which means 7 port per cable instead of 16, it might even work without additional power.

Are you sure that BitFenix adapter is useful in your application? It has 2 Female A type connectors for the output and the USBG-7U3ML USB Hub you specified uses a USB Male B type connector for the input.

Have you considered two NZXT IU01 for your USB Hub?
The IU01 supports USB 2.0, not 3.0, but I don't believe any of the items you listed take advantage of USB 3.0.
You would have a total of 16 ports, 12 with the more compact/clean internal 5 pin connectors (1 spare) and 4 of the external A type connectors for Bluetooth & Wireless Headset (2 spare).
The external power is a simple 4 pin Molex pass-through, which you can pick up anywhere in your case... no additional power supply.
The IU01 cost is 20% of the USBG-7U3ML.