• 28.04.2024, 17:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2015, 21:46

The USB hub will use a type A male, and type B female as cable to connect between it and the bitfenix adapter. It will work.
Indeed the USB 2.0 would be no issue in this case.

The problem with NZXT Hub it that it get connected to the motherboard through a 10 slot Dupont connector, and there is only one of these 10 usb pins on the motherboard.
I would have to connect the second Hub to the first using the one of the 3 rows of 10 pins. It would work only if i would make me a USB type A to 5 pin connector to connect the aquaero to one of the 4 available normal USB slots, 2 from each adapter.
It could work.
But im going with reliability, thats why im taking the INDUSTRIAL Grade USB Hubs.

Once i connect everything in place, i dont want to have to change or buy new hubs if something fails.

Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2015, 23:14

What do you mean by Power Hub ? Which Deltas do you mean !
Regarding the USB Connection to the Computer i think i might have found the solution
Through this adapter:
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/produc…l-usb3-adapter/
im going to connect two of these:
http://www.hubgear.com/usbg-7u3ml.php
The Hubs will give me in total 14 USB slots, and since i will need 11, i will be left with 3 spare.
The hubs im going to stick with double Adhesive thape inside the case, their thickness is small enough to fit inthe back of the STH10 case.

And maybe i wont even need to power it, if im going to connect only the stuff from AquaComputer to them.
6 for PA, 2 for Pumps, 2 for Flowmeters, 1 for AquaAero.
1 for Bluetooth, 1 for Wireless Headset, and i still got one free just in case.

The only thing that remains is to make my own custom lenght USB cable with USB connector on one side and DUpont 5 pin connector on the other side.
Im ordering the required parts from ModDiY to be able to make my own custom lenght USB cable.

I could have used this one here for more USB slots,
http://www.hubgear.com/usb3-16u1.php
but it is beeing connected through only one USB cable, which means 16 ports thorugh a single usb cable. But i have 2, which means 7 port per cable instead of 16, it might even work without additional power.
By Power Hub I meant this setup for example (see link). Bitspower X-Station comes in varying sizes and are set up to reduce power cables. You mentioned connecting Fans directly to power and the PWM to the Aquaero. This type of hub would also provide power to the PA3's and the XT itself.... Anyway just some feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhwtqncUXo

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 02:20

I know of those Bits Power Stations, but it just doesnt fit mz setup. You got fan connectors "hard wired" to a certian voltage, whereas i want to control everything through aquaero>PA. Besides, after i found the wago connectors, i got the problem solved. Before i knew of them, i was on the lookout for something like this. But now i dont need such stuff.

Montag, 2. Februar 2015, 05:41

How many usb 3.0 headers do you have on the motherboard? Would it not be easier to connect a 20 pin usb 3.0 to 9 pin usb 2.0 reducer cable and then run a second NZXT splitter?

I am in the same boat, aq6 with 4 PA3's, four USB d5's, and 3 USB flow meters.

The aq5 was limited to four mps devices on the high aquabus. Is that still the case with the aq6? Or are the pumps not considered mps?

Freitag, 13. Februar 2015, 12:39

I have posted pictures on Project fill it up. I need 11 USB connectors, i managed to fit two 7way USB 3.0 hubs inside the case. and the connectors go in these hubs.
I have zet to make the usb cables, will do them a bit later on.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 10:37

I am going to connect 6 PA3s, 2 Fow meters, and 2 Pumps (the round ones that come with the radiators) so i hope that all will be available through aquabus.

First the connector from Aquaero is splittet in 2
1)One goes to the chain that formes with the PA3s (each has 2 aquabus connectors - albeit 3 pin)
2)The second one will be further split in 4 to connect the 4 remaining devices.

I stil need to figure out the 3 pins of the PA3s Aquabus connectors, which ones are in relation to the 4 pins the aquabus has on aquaero.
Probably pin 4 is missing, and pin 1 is the one on top.

Perhaps someone can clear this issue here.

PS: I can wait to receive my pending order.
1x140.2 double circuit radiator, 1x140.3 radiator with pump, 1x140.3 radiator, 2 flow meters, 2 filters, and 6 PA3 red heatsinks !
If everything goes well i will receive them in February, allthough the double circuit radiator is ordered in november and isnt ready to this date :(

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 15:39

I stil need to figure out the 3 pins of the PA3s Aquabus connectors, which ones are in relation to the 4 pins the aquabus has on aquaero.
Probably pin 4 is missing, and pin 1 is the one on top.

4.6. Connector “aquabus low speed/high speed” in the Operation manual

Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: SDA
Pin 3: SCL
Pin 4: +5 V

At the PA the same

Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: SDA
Pin 3: SCL
PS: Do not forget to set the aquabus-address

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (16. Februar 2015, 15:47)

Dienstag, 17. Februar 2015, 23:59

OK, i saw in the manual of the Aquaero the pin numbering of the aquabus port.

Since i own poweradjusts 3, and not 2, i need to ask if there is an online manual for the 3 version. I suppose that pin number 1 is the pin on top, and 3 the pin on bottom.

How do i set the aquabus adress for each device ? in the aqua suite software, or somewhere in windows ?

So i installed todaz the heatsinks on the poweradjust 3s, tommorow im going to receive the flowmeters and water filters, i wired the PWM1,2 and from the PWM 3 fans im missing onlz the two fans that go on a double circuit radiator that im going to get next weeks it seems.

After i am done wiring the available aquabus devices, ill start doin the usb cables.

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015, 00:36

How do i set the aquabus adress for each device ? in the aqua suite software, or somewhere in windows ?

Yes, it is in the aqua suite software over usb, i would disconnect the aquabus fron the AE6 an till, i do not know if it is a problem for the other function if the aquabus is confused.

Since i own poweradjusts 3, and not 2, i need to ask if there is an online manual for the 3 version. I suppose that pin number 1 is the pin on top, and 3 the pin on bottom.

It is always the same, is the clip on the bottom pin 1 GND is left
»EnigmaG« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 53180_3.jpg
  • Unbenannt.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (18. Februar 2015, 00:48)

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015, 11:42

So its actually exactly as i did not said.
Pin 3 is on top, and pin 1 is on bottom.

How do you know this, is there somewehere a documentation, or you wired it like so and it just worked ?

Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2015, 18:11

It is a parallel-bus, the connector a all the same. If you not sure take the original cable as a pattern (3Pin 4Pin)

Sonntag, 22. Februar 2015, 09:25

Ok, i did the chain aquabus cable of the PAs.
Now regarding the 3 pin power output, where the 3 pin fan gets connected, any ideea which pin is pin 1 ?

Because in the poweradjust manual, the poweradjust 2 is depicted, and here the 3 pin power output horiyontal, on the 3 pin power output is vertical.

And i have no fan currently with 3 pin cable to do the test, the Delta Fans were bare wire.

If i were to judge from the way the aquabus pins are arranged i would dare to say the bottom pin is pin 1 (pin 1 is ground, pin 2 is power, pin 3 is sense).

PS> i just took a 3 pin connector, looked at some pictures of poweradjust 2, in the manual, then the waz the pins are arranged in the power adjust 3,

It seems the bottom pin is pin number 1.
I just need confirmation.