• 19.04.2024, 14:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MP7

Aquaero 6 - 2 PWM pumps and 6 fans

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 21:53

Hello,

I'm planning to buy an Aquaero 6 for my future build soon and I just have a couple of questions, I hope someone can clear it out for me.

I plan to use 2 PWM D5 pumps
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-acces…cl-2x-pump.html

and 6 fans (4 on radiator and 2 for case).

So if I understand correctly, there are 2 PWM outputs on the Aquaero, can I use one for the fans and the other for the pumps?
Achieving it with Y-splitter cables?
http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2c/2c625b93_fanconnection.jpeg

Sorry if the questions are kinda stupid, I never had an aquaero and pwm pumps.

Thank you

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 22:36

Hi MP7,

Aquaero 6 has 4 fan outputs, and all of them can be PWM controlled.

There is a known problem with D5 pumps, where they may or may not work properly with AQ6 and PWM control. Some D5 pumps require a modto work properly.

You can use splitter cables like the one you linked without problems.

Kind regards,
Boris.

MP7

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 23:02

Hey Boris thx a lot for replying.

Yes I had a good read about that problem some time ago maybe even on this forum, don't remember exactly, but I think it was related to a specific brand of D5 and to that one only, so I hope it will be fine with those I linked.

I have a question about those pumps when you fill your loop, you know how it is, you put some liquid, you turn the pump/s on, it enters the system, you turn them off, and all over again.
Well..the moment I turn them on they will be running at 100% right? Can I turn the aquaero on before I connect the PWM cables to it and enter a setting for pwm output 1 or 2 to be let's say 50%, through the remote or by connecting it to another computer?

Montag, 26. Januar 2015, 23:18

It seems that most D5 variants have a problem with Aquaero PWM control, EKWB variant as well. They're all made by the same manufacturer in the end, and just re-branded.

You can power on the Aquaero and set it up beforehand, it is no problem. I would not recommend plugging in things while it is powered on though. You can set it up, switch off the power and connect the pumps, Aquaero will retain the settings.

There is no problem if you run the pumps at 100% also, as long as you don't let them go dry.

Kind regards,
Boris.

MP7

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015, 00:00

Hey Boris thx again, very kind ;)

Well if I will have to make that mod it's no problem, as long as it works fine in the end :)
Thank you for that mod link, it's so well explained and clear.

Regards
Mauro

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015, 03:32

The PWM D5's (they are all the same) are unusual for a PWM device in that if they are disconnected from a PWM signal the run at about 60% PWM / 40% max pressure instead of the more common 100%.

To get the pump to run at 100% while the system is off all you need is a short piece of wire to connect the PWM line to the 5V line on the molex plug. If you touch the same line to the ground on the molex plug the pump will stop.
Its a simple way to get basic 0, 60, 100 control without powering anything up for filling and leak testing.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (27. Januar 2015, 03:35)

MP7

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015, 07:07

Wow thx Jakus, very interesting and useful :thumbup:

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015, 11:42

Great info Jakus, thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,
Boris.

MP7

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015, 18:55

I think in the end I might buy 2 of these
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3255

and use a top for them
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-acces…ack-acetal.html

I was thinking about EKWB all in one becasue it comes all connected and ready to go, but this way I won't have to mod the pullup resistor problem, I mena it's no hassle but still...

Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 11:30

I'm using two aquacomputer D5s with aquabus and USB interface with that exact same top. Works a treat.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 15:10

I think in the end I might buy 2 of these
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=3255

and use a top for them
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/pumps-and-acces…ack-acetal.html

I was thinking about EKWB all in one becasue it comes all connected and ready to go, but this way I won't have to mod the pullup resistor problem, I mena it's no hassle but still...

The EK dual top is the best one available so great choice there. The new Aquacomp PWM D5's appear to be pre modded to avoid the PWM issue so that will finally put that one to bed. I wonder if Aquacomp have made the changes or they got Laing to do it on the OEM end. It would be good to see all PWM D5's the same.

Its a good time to buy the EK dual top if you want seperate pumps too. It seems like EK is moving towards only providing tops with pumps included. Not really a fan of that idea but I understand that they want to rationalise the number of products they sell for retailer stocking issues.

MP7

Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 18:33

The EK dual top is the best one available so great choice there.
The best? I have to admit I didn't read any reviews about D5 dual tops. I'm still debating whether to buy that or the one from Bitspower

Now that you say that I might choose what I first wanted, heh.

Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 22:54

Zitat

The best? I have to admit I didn't read any reviews about D5 dual tops. I'm still debating whether to buy that or the one from Bitspower

I found this review of the EKWB Dual D5 top a while back.
It ends with a comparison between the EKWB Dual D5 top and the Bitspower Dual D5 top.

MP7

Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 23:28

Awesome! Thank a lot! :thumbup:

MP7

Sonntag, 26. April 2015, 22:16

Hey guys,

Hello again! Some time ago I bought the pumps(aquacomputer) and the aquaero 6. Now I bought EKWB's dual D5 top, I still have some things to buy but I would like to discuss the connections.
So I can connect both the pumps into one PWM output with a pwm splitter or connect them to pwms separately? Which is better? Same for the fans(4 of them)?

Also got a flow sensor(aquacomputer), it comes with a usb 5 pin cable and a 3 pin cable.
So with the 3 pin you connect it to aquaero's far right connector(RPM)? I guess the 5 pin is only if you don't have an aquaero so you connect to the mobo?

Thx

Sonntag, 26. April 2015, 23:33

There are several different flow sensors... which model are you speaking of?

MP7

Sonntag, 26. April 2015, 23:48

Montag, 27. April 2015, 04:26

I do not have that unit, but from what I gather reading the aquaero 6 manual, section 4 & 4.10 you connect the Flow Sensor to the Flow Port on the aquaero with the 3 pin cable.

You calibrate the aquaero for that particular sensor either in aquasuite (using the USB connection from the aquaero to the mobo), or via the infrared remote controller (sans USB connection).
The RPM port is an output that sends an artificial CPU fan RPM which can be set to zero by the alarm section. Since you are water cooled there is no CPU fan, but this simulates a fan failure for the mobo.

As to the pump connections, I will leave that to someone with PWM experience to reply.

MP7

Montag, 27. April 2015, 10:55

Awesome, thx a lot bud !

Montag, 27. April 2015, 15:17

Sorry to butt in here chaps but thought I would mention something before you connect things up and destroy something (highly likely as the Aquaero & it's relative items that connect to it are prone to something going pop if connected wrongly ;) ).... @ MP7, The AQ flow meter you linked to doesn't come with any leads as you need to buy the 3 pin flow cable for it separately (at least this was the case the last time I purchased one of these regular AQ flow meters, A good while ago now I admit, so maybe AC has changed what they send in the box with it now).

Anyway, You said you had a USB lead & 3 pin cable, that came with the flow meter, If this is the case then I think you must have bought the "USB" version of the same type flow meter!! This one USB/AQAUBUS, If this is the actual one you mean't to link too instead of the basic type one you linked too, Then, you in fact connect this USB version one to the HIGH SPEED Aquabus on the Aquaero using the 3 pin cable going from the Aquabus header on the flow meter & and not to the "Flow" connection on the Aquaero!!!, The USB cable that comes with the "USB" High Flow" Meter I think you mean't to link too, Connects to the Motherboard internal USB header....

OK... Now in case I got this all totally wrong e.t.c & I have read this all wrong :wacko: , Then please ignore this silly old fart & sorry I butted in e.t.c & hope you get it all sorted good & grand :D ...
All the best
Nam....