• 25.04.2024, 11:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Shutting Down PC with Aquaero.

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 00:18

So i got the Cable:
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=1636
And the Relay
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2665

How do i connect these things?
The Cable obviously goes to the 24 PIN PSU power connector, but it has at it ends a 2 PIN connector ?

Where does this 2 pin connector go ? Because there are only two 2-Pin Connectors, noted as PWM, and i got a feeling it doesnt come here !

I expect the relay to come in the Relay port ast stated in the manual near the fans ? Right ?

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 00:55

The 2 Pin is Power (+5V&Mass), it gos to the Connector „Standby“ (aquaero 5 only).

Zitat

And the Relay

This is not a Relay, is only a Connector, you cut the long green wire (ATX PS_ON# cable) and connect it with the opener(AE5 Relay Pin 2&3 AE6 1&3). If the relay is excited (is this right? In german it is "erregt") it cuts the green wire and shutting down.

PS: Operation manual 4.13. Connector „Standby“ (aquaero 5 only) and 4.12. Connector „Relay“

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (31. Januar 2015, 01:07)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 02:15

Here is a picture with the wiring i need to do to my ATX power Connector. THe 24 pin connector goes into the motherboard, the 10 pin and 8 pin to the PSU. Its a wiring of the Antech HCP 1300 PSU.

After i virtually connected the AquaAero PSU connector, here is how the cable is suppose to look like>

After stripping it down, i noticed an extra long green connector that seems to not have any purpose and a black and purple wire.

I just need to know which wire goes where in the triple Connector (port X (pin 1 as stated in Manual), Y(pin 2), Z(pin 3) as depicted in the picture), and if there is a purpose to the green wire beeing so long, perhaps it was made this way to make the cable a bit thick to envelope it in a sleeve, i dont know ! Any ways, in the end i dont understand why was the purple and black wire wired to a 2 pin connector if it is not ging to be plugged anywhere ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (31. Januar 2015, 02:22)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 09:57

So how do i go and wire it to the connector, any ideeas ? because by reading the manual, i dont get a clear statement !

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 10:10

I do´t understand the problem with my answer.
»EnigmaG« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Unbenannt.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (31. Januar 2015, 10:30)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 11:24

The thing is Aquaero 6 doesnt have a StandBy 2 Pin Connector. Everything goes i should think to the "Relay" Connector.
The Only 2 Pin COnnectors are the two PWM COnnectors !

SO the skema you drawed doesnt help me unfortunately !

Can this be used at all on aquaero 6 ?

Reading from the Manual regarding the 2 Pin Connector:

Connector for additional power supply from the 5 Volts standby power line of
the power supply unit. If connected to standby power, the aquaero 5 will re-
main functional while the computer is in soft off state even if no USB standby
power is supplied. For use with Aqua Computer article number 53047 only
(not included in delivery)!
Pin assignment: Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: +5 V Standby

Could it be that on the Aquaero 6 i dont need to connect the black and purple wire but only the green wire like this ?

Basically cut the green wire, and it doesnt matter which end, one on slot 2 and the other on slot 3, leaving the slot 1 free, slot one beeing as you look on the aquaero 6 skema the first pin on the LEFT !

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bytales« (31. Januar 2015, 11:34)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 11:51

This is not a Relay, is only a Connector, you cut the long green wire (ATX PS_ON# cable) and connect it with the opener(AE5 Relay Pin 2&3 AE6 1&3). If the relay is excited (is this right? In german it is "erregt") it cuts the green wire and shutting down.

If you need StandBy-Power at rock bottom Power-on-level (I do´t knowe why) you have to connect the purple wire too on of the red dots and the black to the black (Power or Usb), apart from that do´t connect the 2 Pin.
»EnigmaG« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Unbenannt - Kopie.png

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 12:41

If you need StandBy-Power at rock bottom Power-on-level (I do´t knowe why) you have to connect the purple wire too on of the red dots and the black to the black (Power or Usb), apart from that do´t connect the 2 Pin.

I do not need Stand By Power, I believe AquaAero doesnt need Stand By power, i believe it is somehow always on. But i could wire it to get Stand By Power as well, since i am building my own wires.

I want to ask you the following. Before i burn everything due to false wiring i noticed that on the Aquaero 6 Skema, you connected the green wire to Slot 1 and 3, of the relay connector, whereas on the Aquaero 5 Skema you connected the green wire to Slot 1 and 2 of the relay connector. Doesnt it matter to which slot on the connector the green wire goes ?
Should i understand that for this feature to work one has to wire only the green wire ?

So the Stand By Power if I were to connect it comes like this, together with how you depicted the Connection using the Aquaero 6 Board would be like this, notice the Motherboard End and the PSU end of the connectors (i believe that does not matter, doesnt it ? i mean from which side come the green cable in which slot of the relay):

The Molex Connector on the AquaAero has 2 black wires, should i understand it doesnt matter to which of the two the wire goes ?

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 13:07

I do not need Stand By Power, I believe AquaAero doesnt need Stand By power, i believe it is somehow always on. But i could wire it to get Stand By Power as well, since i am building my own wires.

If you have USB Stand By Power it is enough, AC have left out the connector on the AE6 because is no longer needful with Stand By Power on every USB

Doesnt it matter to which slot on the connector the green wire goes ?

NO, it do not matter, but its 2 and 3 at the AE5
Should i understand that for this feature to work one has to wire only the green wire ?

If the green wire is connected to mass (the motherboard make the connection when the power-button is pest and separate the power-button is pest again), the PSU is on. You cut the green wire, no mass, no power.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (31. Januar 2015, 13:19)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 13:19

Ok, so if on AquaAero 6 it is not needed, i'll leave it so. And the green wire goes to 1 and 3 on the Aquaero 6.

The "Cutting" is done within the AquaAero 6, it does the cutting, right ?
And as it is connected on 1 and 3 the PC will have power, right ?

The manual doesnt state "mass", it states like this:

Pin 1: normally connected
Pin 2: normally open
Pin 3: common connector.

So green wire from PSU-Connector end goes to Pin 3 (common connector)
ANd green wire from Motherboard END Connector goes to Pin 1 (normally connected), and in this Configuration the PC should power.

If the AquaAero decides to cut the power, and the wires remain connected as they are (nobody plugs the wire, they remain as they are), when i start the PC fresh, will it start ?

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 13:30

So green wire from PSU-Connector end goes to Pin 3 (common connector)
ANd green wire from Motherboard END Connector goes to Pin 1 (normally connected), and in this Configuration the PC should power.

Yes.

If the AquaAero decides to cut the power, and the wires remain connected as they are (nobody plugs the wire, they remain as they are), when i start the PC fresh, will it start ?

You have to tell the AquaAero when he should cut the power and how long (10 sec by enough there is a jog switch(Selbsthaltung) on the Motherboard, when it is broken the power stays out till next power on)

Operation manual :18. Alarm actions (aquasuite/device menu) and 19. Alarm configuration (aquasuite/device menu)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (31. Januar 2015, 13:40)

Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 13:39

Thanks very much for all the Info. I can start making the cable now. You can follow the Project Log here:

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 11:45

I have made the wiring that is suppose to come into aquaero, as seen here, thats the blue wire.
The restofthe white wire is further sleeved, i hope it works.

PS: THe power on wire is slot 9 from the picture, not 3/4 as depicted in the photo.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 15:12

Bytales the Cable Management is EXCELLENT. That is a lot of thinking & Work. Maintenance and change will be simple. Well Done... :thumbup:
I have made the wiring that is suppose to come into aquaero, as seen here, thats the blue wire.
The restofthe white wire is further sleeved, i hope it works.

PS: THe power on wire is slot 9 from the picture, not 3/4 as depicted in the photo.