• Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Arcane

unregistriert

PWM fans on LT5

Montag, 9. Februar 2015, 12:05

Hi,

I recently purchased an Aquaero LT5 and have some questions as I can't seem to work it out myself. My setup is very simple, I'm using a Corsair H100i for the CPU and three intake and one exhaust fan. I'm controlling the LT5 via AIDA64 and have set up a curve controller for the CPU and another for the GPUs.

The cpu curved controller works great, it's adjusting the 2 Gentle Typhoons i'm running on the H100i just as I want, i'm using a splitter to one of the 3 pin headers on the LT. The GPU curve however, has been more of a head scratcher for me. I used 3 Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series M12-P Fans (PWM) via an Akasa PWM Splitter for the three intakes and put those on the PWM header on the LT5. when I do this they never change speed via the curve controller? If I select PWM they run full speed, If I lower the voltage they make a hideous chirpy noise. if I select Power or speed control they stay running at 50%. If I take them off the splitter they seem to do the same thing. At the moment i've swapped them for 2 140mm Noiseblocker PK3s (3 pin) and they work fine although they drone at low rpm and are unbearable at full tilt. Am I doing something wrong here or are the fans just not compatible? If so, could you recommend some reasonably quiet and powerful fans for it? I'm running SLI and am struggling to keep the temps down.

Many thanks.

Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 09:44

All I can suggest is setting up a simple controller (preset value control) under the 5LT section and attach the PWM fan(s) to it.

You can simply play with the percentage % on this controller and change the minimums and maximums on the FAN setting itself under Fans tab of the 5LT. This is just to start with so that the fan remains at a manageable speed for now. You can later work out how you want to align it to a curve control something more complex.

Now I'm using this method for 2 x MCP35x pumps that are typically PWM pumps. Although I cabled the pumps up so that "Power Control" is utilised and not PWM, as I have allocated each PUMP to an individual PowerAjust 3 (with temp, flow etc). Works perfectly. I can vary the RPMS of each pump to a desired RPM by tweeking both the FAN section and the preset value control as mentioned before. I do this as I run two different types of loops 1 x parrallel (Graphics) and 1 x Series (CPU).

(I can hear Mandrix now LOL). :)

My 5LT manages all the fans. I dont use the PWM port on the LT5 for now unless I add more fans. I've tested a PWM Fan a it can easily be controlled as per my mentioned suggestion above.