• 27.04.2024, 19:54
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Jenko97

Aquaero 5 lt stopped delivering power to fans

Samstag, 14. Februar 2015, 14:50

Hello,

I have been using my aquaero 5 lt for about a year now without any real hiccups and have been loving it. I have used it to control my 4 fans and give a PWM signal to my pumps as well as monitoring temps, flow rate, etc...

However I've come into a bit of trouble after installing a farbwerk LED controller to control my RGB LED Strips. At first, no changes made to the farbwerk applied until after a restart (and at that it only worked some of the time). Sometimes both the aquaero and the farbwerk showed up as not connected to USB and my keyboard stopped working (other USB devices such as mouse continued to work). I had the farbwerk connected to the PC via the USB cable supplied in the farbwerk box and I then decided to connect it to the aquaero via the 3 Pin aquabus cable supplied in the aquaero's box. After changing to the aquabus method, the PC no longer recognised the farbwerk at all but the aquaero continued to work as usual.

I then decided to remove the farbwerk altogether and found that the aquero seemed to work correctly in aquasuite (temp sensors, flow meter, etc all worked) however no power was supplied to the fans and the pumps ran at full speed (implying no PWM signal). I have since tried to reset the device to factory defaults and reinstall the firmware to no avail. After multiple restarts and unplugging everything and starting again, I find myself stumped.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Jenko97

Fixed!

Samstag, 14. Februar 2015, 19:27

Having removed the aquaero and reinstalling the farbwerk on its own I could get it to work after a firmware update. I then removed the farbwerk and did the same to the aquaero. Finally I reinstalled the farbwerk to work alongside the aquaero (both via separate USB cables) and all seems to be well.

Why it didn't work the first time, I don't know. I'm just glad it's all up and running again. :thumbsup: