• 26.04.2024, 08:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 10:30

I guess I just never should had bought this unit, as it is totally unsuited for mini-itx and similar systems. The longest possible run I could make, including the fittings is 9cm.

Today my flow reads/starts at 50,3 L/H.
When I set the pump to full RPM (or just 3400rpm) the Flow rate maxes out as expected.
When I lower pump speed back to 1200-1300rpm the flow drops.. but only back to 70ish L/H which is just.. wrong.. it started at 50 before I ran it full speed.

Over the next half hour the flowrate will drop very slowly down to 65.. it might drop further if I wait...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (5. März 2015, 10:31)

Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 19:04

I've used Feeser Corrosionblocker for many years, and havn't experienced any cloudyness from that... but I usually mix that up before putting it in the system. Odd that :rolleyes:
I've just added it to the tank of an already filled system, so that is probably why it clouded over. Did not think of mixing it before hand. It cleared completely by now.

As for your flow reading problems, I would say you should go with a mechanical flow-meter then. I have one from aquacomputer and it works great and it has a wider range (if it is needed). The only downside is that it makes slight mechanical clicking noise sometimes.

I don't know if the differential pressure flow meters are affected by the ambient/water temperature. I have a level sensor which is basically the same thing and It shows significantly less when I start up the system in a cold apartment than when it is running for some time and the ambient/water temperatures have gone up.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (5. März 2015, 19:08)

Donnerstag, 5. März 2015, 20:09

I've used Feeser Corrosionblocker for many years, and havn't experienced any cloudyness from that... but I usually mix that up before putting it in the system. Odd that :rolleyes:
I've just added it to the tank of an already filled system, so that is probably why it clouded over. Did not think of mixing it before hand. It cleared completely by now.

As for your flow reading problems, I would say you should go with a mechanical flow-meter then. I have one from aquacomputer and it works great and it has a wider range (if it is needed). The only downside is that it makes slight mechanical clicking noise sometimes.

I don't know if the differential pressure flow meters are affected by the ambient/water temperature. I have a level sensor which is basically the same thing and It shows significantly less when I start up the system in a cold apartment than when it is running for some time and the ambient/water temperatures have gone up.

Kind regards,
Boris.

I usually (always) buy cheap distilled Water at my nearest retailer and just mix in anti-corrosion and anti-fungi thing. That way I don't have to figure out if I need to add extra when I filll up the reservoir over time. Cloudyness sounds the same :)

I heard the clicking sound only should appear when you run a high flow? But Again, how fast is a high flow... :?: must remember to ask that before I agree to switch my mps to the high flow usb one.

I wouldn't know about the Cold/hot Water etc. but it sounds plausible. It would be nice if Aquacomputer would put some more information onto the product page.. at least the minimum requirments for tubing before and after the flow sensor mps.

Samstag, 7. März 2015, 15:09

Redid my loop in order to test the flow sensor as they told me the angled fitting in the outlet might be bad.

(excuse the quality of the images)

Turned out they simply just underestimated the MCP35x pump as I dug up schematics for it:
At 40% PWM payload it is about fitting that it yields 200 L/H in a pretty low restriction loop. It is a few liters above the 199 limit here.

At 20 PWM it sits around 80 L/H

Guess I really need a flow sensor mps 400 instead.

Shows why I just love this pump. Much smaller, with max flow a tad under D5 level but with more head. ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dintid« (7. März 2015, 15:13)