• 19.04.2024, 23:04
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AQ 6 PRO don't turn off :(

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 03:55

Hello,

I have a motherboard Asus Maximus VIII Hero and aquaero 6 PRO. When I turn off the computer anything goes off except Aquaero :(
The panel is connected via USB cable to the motherboard. Is this normal?
How to set the panel didn't work in sleep mode?

Sorry for bad english.

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 04:03

Yes, the Aquaero should be connected to the motherboard with a USB cable.

There is also a 4 pin Molex power connector...what power source do you have it connected to?

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 11:37

Molex is connected to the PSU.

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 12:48

I think I misread your post, you appear to be talking about sleep mode, not power-down... I believe the PSU stays ON during sleep mode, so the aquaero stays on.
This thread is dated, but suggests using hibernation instead of sleep mode.

Zitat

Best Answer: Instead of putting the computer into sleep mode, enable hibernation on your machine and put the machine into hibernation instead.

Check the advanced settings in Control Panel for Power Settings, click the "Hibernation" tab and enable hibernation.

It will create the necessary hibernation file on your hard drive that will be approximately the size of the amount of memory that you have on your computer.

The next time you want to put your computer into standby, select "Hibernation" instead.

It will take a bit longer to start up, but you won't be wasting any power.

Edit: Alternatively AMP WinOFF may be useful to you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (14. März 2015, 12:54)

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 13:05

It will normally stay on even when the power is off. Using a Rampage 3 extreme, usb devices still receive power thus my AC 6 XTs remained on.

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 16:20

This issue seems to be motherboard and bios/power setting dependent. The more I read on the subject, the more I realize I know very little about the subject.

I have a ASUS Rampage Extreme IV BE, and with current settings I do not show a hibernate mode on the 'Off-Button' selection options. And when I select sleep, the the aquaero turns off also. According to the manual, my board does have a Soft-Off mode.

Microsoft on System Power States:

Bottom line, one must research the bios & power settings for your individual board and OS.

Samstag, 14. März 2015, 22:26

I am not sure what the OP is asking. Is he bothered by the Aquaero staying on when he just shuts down the computer, or when he completely powers off the power supply?

I was quite surprised to find my Aquaero working although I unplugged my computer from the wall. After scratching my head for a bit I realized that my cheap USB3 powered hub is feeding the USB power back to the motherboard and it, in turn, is feeding power to Aquaero although the power supply is off.

Kind regards,
Boris.